SiouxSports.com Forum

My opinion is changing

Flatland

I really wish Jim would "card" these noobs. I hate coming in here and feeling like I've stumbled into a short bus making an express run. :glare:;)

you'd definitely shouldn't be one not allowed here then.

i've never said anything but i cannot believe how offensive you are! to everyone and anyone... not to just races, but to all humans. no respect or decency.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah huh. Your respectful like and we love you like a snotty little, dirt covered, stinky, sticky little brother that just won't stay out of our room and takes our stuff without asking. :D

Are you implying that Diggler likes to sneak into girls' rooms and steal their Barbies? :)

You know, this is what bugs me about society today. We jump down the throats of Mel Gibson as an anti-Semite, we want to lynch Kramer ASAP (he's an idiot anyways and I'm not defending his N-word tirade at all), but last night, I watched as an African-American activist on Hannity and Colmes left the show with a parting shot at Sean Hannity calling him a "rich white boy." If Sean Hannity had called the guest a "poor black boy," he'd have been fired about 15 minutes after the show ended. It's a giant double-standard and it's getting old.

That

Nope. After what he did to me, I am going to point out every stupid thing he does and every lie he tells whenever I am made aware of them.

Yep, I'm a vengeful bitch and proud of it!!! :D

I don't expect Sioux-cia to do so after what he did to her. Unforunately he will never recieve the punishment he deserves.

Iwabuchi, a little tolerance please. That was a low blow and not fair, not in the least.

Brasco has a decent point that IF the nickname starts to hurt UND athletics, then its time to change it. In that case, whether we win the legal case or not becomes irrelevant. Fair or not, if it hurts the teams, hurts the programs, then its time to change. That time is not yet here, but it is not too early to ask the question.

Chill. Please. Thank you.

OK double standards AGAIN! You don't want to be called an idiot or DUMB or told that dumb people SUCK but you can call someone a whimp for feeling like this whole thing is getting tiring? Or, you insist you are going to win a losing legal battle without what poll, survey or research study? Where do you back your facts up with? And...winning one injunction doesn't count. That issue was not at the heart of the case at all. UND has a big song and dance to strut before April's trial. I hope they lose, myself. I hope that every student at UND feels the brunt when tuition gets hiked to pay for a frivilous lawsuit based on economics, being racist, and plain stupidity.

You all need to CHILL and quit attacking people personally. Because, when the tables are turned and YOU are the ones being attacked, you cry whimpering to the forum administrator to get comments removed. Hide behind your cubist minds and just tell yourselves over and over that you are right -- even when the REST OF THE WORLD sees how wrong you really all are.

OK double standards AGAIN! You don't want to be called an idiot or DUMB or told that dumb people SUCK but you can call someone a whimp for feeling like this whole thing is getting tiring? Or, you insist you are going to win a losing legal battle without what poll, survey or research study? Where do you back your facts up with? And...winning one injunction doesn't count. That issue was not at the heart of the case at all. UND has a big song and dance to strut before April's trial. I hope they lose, myself. I hope that every student at UND feels the brunt when tuition gets hiked to pay for a frivilous lawsuit based on economics, being racist, and plain stupidity.

You all need to CHILL and quit attacking people personally. Because, when the tables are turned and YOU are the ones being attacked, you cry whimpering to the forum administrator to get comments removed. Hide behind your cubist minds and just tell yourselves over and over that you are right -- even when the REST OF THE WORLD sees how wrong you really all are.

Ok, I bolded the part that I will refer to here. How was the injunction not at the heart of the case. The case is whether or not the NCAA was wrong in making a list that excludes schools from hosting post season play if they have a "hostile or abusive" nickname. Wouldn't an injunction that allows UND to hold such events be in the middle of that?

Secondly, why would tuition hike up to pay for a lawsuit? The lawsuit is being paid for by private donations to a litigation fund. NO PUBLIC/ TAX money is being used in the lawsuit. The State Board of Higher Education only agreed to the lawsuit if UND would raise the money on their own. Tuition is being hiked up anyway and not because of the lawsuit.

What people are trying to say to you is don't attack us and expect us to sit back and not get mad.

Ok, I bolded the part that I will refer to here. How was the injunction not at the heart of the case. The case is whether or not the NCAA was wrong in making a list that excludes schools from hosting post season play if they have a "hostile or abusive" nickname. Wouldn't an injunction that allows UND to hold such events be in the middle of that? Secondly, why would tuition hike up to pay for a lawsuit? The lawsuit is being paid for by private donations to a litigation fund. NO PUBLIC/ TAX money is being used in the lawsuit. The State Board of Higher Education only agreed to the lawsuit if UND would raise the money on their own. Tuition is being hiked up anyway and not because of the lawsuit. What people are trying to say to you is don't attack us and expect us to sit back and not get mad.

How many times to we have to tell these people that UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds,the money is coming from donors. I can't believe people are still saying this. I am pretty sure that the school has been out there informing people of this also.

How many times to we have to tell these people that UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds, UND isn't funding this lawsuit with state funds,the money is coming from donors. I can't believe people are still saying this. I am pretty sure that the school has been out there informing people of this also.

thank you, that is what I was trying to say.

Ok, I bolded the part that I will refer to here. How was the injunction not at the heart of the case. The case is whether or not the NCAA was wrong in making a list that excludes schools from hosting post season play if they have a "hostile or abusive" nickname. Wouldn't an injunction that allows UND to hold such events be in the middle of that?

Secondly, why would tuition hike up to pay for a lawsuit? The lawsuit is being paid for by private donations to a litigation fund. NO PUBLIC/ TAX money is being used in the lawsuit. The State Board of Higher Education only agreed to the lawsuit if UND would raise the money on their own. Tuition is being hiked up anyway and not because of the lawsuit.

What people are trying to say to you is don't attack us and expect us to sit back and not get mad.

I'm surprised this is all you responded to in his post being that he has attacked posters here repeatedly and then cries foul when people don't respect his opinion.

And I was wondering when I elected dumbpeoplesuk to represent the world's opinion? :D

Hide behind your cubist minds and just tell yourselves over and over that you are right -- even when the REST OF THE WORLD sees how wrong you really all are.

I haven't seen any polls about what the rest of the world thinks about the use of American Indian nicknames by athletic teams, but every national poll I've seen shows that the rest of America agrees with UND's position on the issue. In fact, statewide and nationwide polls show that the majority of American Indians either support or have no problem with the practice.

You can keep telling yourself that everyone agrees with you, but it's not true. Not even the majority of those supposedly being victimized by the Fighting Sioux nickname agree with you.

PS: If you're going to write about UND's lawsuit, you should understand one basic fact:

At the start of the hearing, Jahnke said the core issue of the lawsuit filed last month is not whether the nickname is hostile and abusive, but whether the NCAA followed its own rules when it adopted the policy.

I'm surprised this is all you responded to in his post being that he has attacked posters here repeatedly and then cries foul when people don't respect his opinion.

And I was wondering when I elected dumbpeoplesuk to represent the world's opinion? :D

I was trying to be nice, I haven't personally been attacked by him and felt that everyone else had pretty much covered that portion.

I haven't seen any polls about what the rest of the world thinks about the use of American Indian nicknames by athletic teams, but every national poll I've seen shows that the rest of America agrees with UND's position on the issue. In fact, statewide and nationwide polls show that the majority of American Indians either support or have no problem with the practice.

You can keep telling yourself that everyone agrees with you, but it's not true. Not even the majority of those supposedly being victimized by the Fighting Sioux nickname agree with you.

An example of one such poll from a telephone company that serves the Spirit Lake Nation..

POLL: Do you think UND should drop the Sioux nickname?

I click on the link and get a PRIVATE you don't have access message.

Oh sorry, I guess only NDTC customers can see it.

This is the poll results copied and pasted:

North Dakota Telephone Company Poll

Poll: Do you think UND should drop the Sioux nickname?

No 86.1% (567 Votes)

Yes 9.4% (62 Votes)

No opinion 4.4% (29 Votes)

Total Votes: 658

Oh sorry, I guess only NDTC customers can see it.

This is the poll results copied and pasted:

North Dakota Telephone Company Poll

Poll: Do you think UND should drop the Sioux nickname?

No 86.1% (567 Votes)

Yes 9.4% (62 Votes)

No opinion 4.4% (29 Votes)

Total Votes: 658

As we always said, this is an issue a few people have got on a soap box about and shouted so loud that someone paid attention to them. But it is the silent majority that is not being heard. UND will win come April and I am of that 100%. The NCAA over steped the boundary and now they need to slapped back into shape. I am just proud that it is UND doing the slapping. It was about time someone stood up to them.(Hope I spelled everything correctly this time. (I do not want to be fried instead of fired)

(I do not want to be fried instead of fired)

What movie was it where some guy was dumping hot oil on people trying to invade him? I'm thinking it may have been a Monty Python flick. It was the first thing that I thought of when you all started talking about frying people.

TALK ABOUT HACKERS. U people suk because you are dumb.

I was just visiting GK's myspace (you know that old Indian saying about keeping your enemies close..).

Offensive Chick aka Sexy Pistols has removed her posts about the "INDIANS" who thanked Wayne for his work. She also removed her post telling 'G' to make his myspace private because people were posting stuff from there on SS.com and added 'TALK ABOUT HACKERS'. :):lol:

I guess if it's gone it was never posted. Right, Offensive Chick aka Sexy Pistols, dumbpeople? :D

-- Removed by moderator --

I was just visiting GK's myspace (you know that old Indian saying about keeping your enemies close..).

Offensive Chick aka Sexy Pistols has removed her posts about the "INDIANS" who thanked Wayne for his work. She also removed her post telling 'G' to make his myspace private because people were posting stuff from there on SS.com and added 'TALK ABOUT HACKERS'. :):lol:

I guess if it's gone it was never posted. Right, Offensive Chick aka Sexy Pistols, dumbpeople? :D

-- Removed by moderator --

Mr. LaPoint should still be in jail for what he did to you. No justice at all, none what so ever.