SiouxSports.com Forum

Which Sioux to Juniors

Greybeard

I'm sad to say it but I don't think any sioux players will be selected at most one... something tells me the gophers will be well represented though. :D

I'm sad to say you're wrong.

Toews, Lee and Chorney are returning players. Toews is up for the Captaincy of Team Canada, though I'm not sure he'll be named it.

As for any NEW players making it, that I'll say no to. I'm sure a few, such as LaPoint and Malone could get invites to the tryouts, but I don't think they'll make the team.

I thought the rule for the World Jr's. Tournament was that you had to be under the age of 20 through the entire tournament, and since his birthday is 12/23/86, that means he missed it by 2 weeks roughly. Am I mistaken?

I assume your birth date is correct, but as I remember Oshie was a few days too old to play in it last year.

I'm sad to say it but I don't think any sioux players will be selected at most one... something tells me the gophers will be well represented though. :D

Team performance isn't as big of a deal when selecting players for the world juniors. Since Toews, Lee, and Chorney were in it last year so they will probably end up going again this year. Forney and Jones were at the evaluation camp in August but I don't see either of them making the team. As for some of the new guys, Malone is Canadian so it could be hard for him to beat out most of the major junior kids, as for Bruneteau or Lapoint it is hard to say because they weren't invited to the evaluation camp. Lapoint didn't get much publicity because he was from Wisconsin, but since he is playing so well in the USHL he might make the team. I could see Bruneteau making it not this year but the next two years, his birthday is in January so he is only 17.

Just wanted to address the impact of the WJC on the Sioux schedule.

December 8-9 UND, with a full squad, hosts Wisconsin.

December 10 Canadian Junior Camp opens; Toews trades his Sioux logo for the Maple Leaf.

December 15-16 UND, without Toews, hosts MTU. Will UND's presumed US Junior Team members be available? I think so, but am not sure when the players report.

December ?? US players report to the US team. Chorney and Lee will likely be on the team.

December 26 WJC begins in Sweden.

December 29-30 Dartmouth tournament; Sioux without Toews, Lee and Chorney.

January 5 WJC gold medal game

January 5-6 UND, still without Toews, Lee and Chorney, visits CC.

January 12-13 UAA visits a fully-equipped UND team.

---------------------------------

Assuming Lee and Chorney make the US team, and Toews the Canadian team, what will the Sioux look like in their absence?

Defense: Radke, Bina, Jones, Finley, Foyt, Genoway

Forwards: If Genoway moves to defense, then you need to replace Toews and Genoway from their line, leaving only Duncan. I assume you pair Oshie and Duncan, and let the rest fall into place after that.

Assuming Lee and Chorney make the US team, and Toews the Canadian team, what will the Sioux look like in their absence?

Defense: Radke, Bina, Jones, Finley, Foyt, Genoway

Forwards: If Genoway moves to defense, then you need to replace Toews and Genoway from their line, leaving only Duncan. I assume you pair Oshie and Duncan, and let the rest fall into place after that.

Looks good to this non-expert.