SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey redwing. i have been a sioux fan for 30 years with my family having tix for most of those years. so i would say i am a fan. look at the saturday games this year. not much success. got to have the faith. i believe they will turn around when they start playing a full 60

Missed the post stating you were being sarcastic. Saw it and immediately deleted that post. I apologize for my oversight on that one.

I am keeping the faith. I know that Finley was a project coming into UND. EVERYONE said that. EVERYONE. Does anyone realize that Finley's freshman year normally would be the average person's senior year in high school? Does that mean anything?

This team is YOUNG. Even so, it's glaringly apparent that this team has to sweep or at least split every weekend for some of these fans to be happy. I'm sick of that! We're not going to win every game! We're going to lose some heartbreakers as well! This was one of them!

Sure, we've had a bad loss this year (Friday game at UAA) but otherwise we've lost games to teams that just got all the breaks!

We've got some problems, but people forget that most of our team problems are TEAM problems! Throwing players under the bus may make them feel better but it only makes it more ridiculous!

Missed the post stating you were being sarcastic. Saw it and immediately deleted that post. I apologize for my oversight on that one.

I am keeping the faith. I know that Finley was a project coming into UND. EVERYONE said that. EVERYONE. Does anyone realize that Finley's freshman year normally would be the average person's senior year in high school? Does that mean anything?

This team is YOUNG. Even so, it's glaringly apparent that this team has to sweep or at least split every weekend for some of these fans to be happy. I'm sick of that! We're not going to win every game! We're going to lose some heartbreakers as well! This was one of them!

Sure, we've had a bad loss this year (Friday game at UAA) but otherwise we've lost games to teams that just got all the breaks!

I think the fans are more frustrated because to some fans it seems like the players don't play for a full 60 minutes, and try when their backs are against the wall

We've got some problems, but people forget that most of our team problems are TEAM problems! Throwing players under the bus may make them feel better but it only makes it more ridiculous!

Anyone notice that Lee made a penalty and everyone calls for Finley's head?

Hey, you know, Finley didn't do that badly tonight but I think Finley could go on a goal scoring tear and it won't matter.

I think Finley needs to come to grips that he and Grieco just flat out suck. Who cares about Finley's last season where he was one of the best on the team in the second half. He sucks. Who cares that Grieco has only played in 6 games as a Sioux. He sucks. Who cares that Lee has done pretty darn well and is close to leading the team in PP points. He sucks. Too bad Hak has gone to 2 straight Frozen Fours. He sucks.

Did I miss anyone?

Let's face it. This team sucks. Let's all go down to Minnesota and root for the Gophers! :D

;):huh:

Chatter from the Denver vs Air Force internet feed, in reference to NoDak "They have no goaltending" Went on to say how they lost five guys from last years team and the tough effects. "That's hard". Not flaming, just passing on what I heard.

WE LANDED ON THE MOON??

Sure, siouxrube, I agree.

We need to play 60 minutes of smart hockey, but how is that an individual problem? Does only certain players need to do that?

Sorry, I think it's everyone from Porter and Bina down to Grieco (who I believe is the youngest Sioux) who needs to do that.

If you want to call the Sioux out on that, fine. I agree. We need to play better in the 2nd and 3rd periods. We need to play better with the lead and when we are tied. And we need to stay out of the box.

every fan can vent how they choose, the reality is there are players struggling right now. i believe they will turn around

AND CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A GAME AND GIVE UP LESS THAN 4 GOALS

At this point, the strengh we thought we would have at the blueline doesnt exist. How can that CC player stand alone in front of the net and wait, and wait. How many times did we see that over this season? I dont believe the "new" game says there can be no moving or tieing up people in front of the net. Ugly and strong has it all over pretty play. Righ now we dont have anyone who can clear space. I dont want to hear "positional" because we arent even that.

At this point, the strengh we thought we would have at the blueline doesnt exist. How can that CC player stand alone in front of the net and wait, and wait. How many times did we see that over this season? I dont believe the "new" game says there can be no moving or tieing up people in front of the net. Ugly and strong has it all over pretty play. Righ now we dont have anyone who can clear space. I dont want to hear "positional" because we arent even that.

Well, if Finley touches that guy he'll get called for elbowing or roughing or something like that.

:D

Hey, you know, Finley didn't do that badly tonight but I think Finley could go on a goal scoring tear and it won't matter.

I think Finley needs to come to grips that he and Grieco just flat out suck. Who cares about Finley's last season where he was one of the best on the team in the second half. He sucks. Who cares that Grieco has only played in 6 games as a Sioux. He sucks. Who cares that Lee has done pretty darn well and is close to leading the team in PP points. He sucks. Too bad Hak has gone to 2 straight Frozen Fours. He sucks.

Did I miss anyone?

Let's face it. This team sucks. Let's all go down to Minnesota and root for the Gophers! :D

Hey - I just got back from the game and need to vent -

This is not Fighting Sioux hockey as I have known it.

The defense has some glaring lapses and turnovers

We got out hustled and out hit except for a few spurts

We have some players who are non-participants on offense

We take untimely penalties - no discipline

=Lamoreaux or Greico needs to step up and play

We seem to be having trouble handling the puck

Did we get any breakaways or odd man rushes?

I got criticized on an earlier thread for suggesting that the Gophers out recruited us this year - Which one of our freshmen is having a breakout year?

How long are we going to blame it on "bad breaks" or "poor officiating"

Let's face it - this team needs to get going soon

Don't rip everyone who posts who is frustrated. We are NOT playing anything close to good hockey now.

hey redwing. i have been a sioux fan for 30 years with my family having tix for most of those years. so i would say i am a fan. look at the saturday games this year. not much success. got to have the faith. i believe they will turn around when they start playing a full 60
Get your own frickin name dude.

Did I miss anyone?

-Finley was one of the best on the team during the second half last year? I'm going to have to disagree. His lack of footspeed and poor puck handling skills are a huge liability. He probably shouldn't dress agianst teams like minnesota or maine (teams with good team speed). That isn't to say he can't be valuable agianst some of the bigger and slower teams.

-Grieco has been shaky but shown potential.

-In my opinion I would have Radke or Genoway quarterbacking the first PP. They are much more skilled with the puck and seem to make better offensive decisions. I think Powerplays are offense first. Radke is BY FAR the most offensively talented defenseman on the team.

- Lastly, whoever is knocking hakstol is a tool.

Hey - I just got back from the game and need to vent -

This is not Fighting Sioux hockey as I have known it.

The defense has some glaring lapses and turnovers

We got out hustled and out hit except for a few spurts

We have some players who are non-participants on offense

We take untimely penalties - no discipline

=Lamoreaux or Greico needs to step up and play

We seem to be having trouble handling the puck

Did we get any breakaways or odd man rushes?

I got criticized on an earlier thread for suggesting that the Gophers out recruited us this year - Which one of our freshmen is having a breakout year?

How long are we going to blame it on "bad breaks" or "poor officiating"

Let's face it - this team needs to get going soon

Don't rip everyone who posts who is frustrated. We are NOT playing anything close to good hockey now.

Sure, I can accept those criticisms. Those don't really annoy me. But when people vent and state the whole reason why we're losing is because we're playing a Canadian goaltender instead of one that made 70000 saves 4 years ago in a high school hockey game or because of a defenseman who, if you count Genoway as a defenseman, is the second youngest defenseman on the team, or wishing to throw people under the bus because it will seemingly make the team better, those aren't criticisms, that's flaming.

I don't know about you, but I leave the flaming of the Sioux to those idiots from other fan bases that come here just to be demeaning and berating towards us.

Agreed. Also, playing at home is supposed to be an advantage. This team seems to stumble alot at home. Must be chasing too much tail around campus.

:D with a screen name like that i knew you would respond to a sarcastic post ;)

Wow! I have bled Sioux green for almost 30 years, and this could be the worst team I have ever seen. We don't move the puck, we don't play sound positional hockey. Aside from Toews,Duncan, Oshie and Porter, the team is pathetic. They need a big time wake up call. Noone moves their feet. Now Zaba robbed both Oshie and Duncan tonight with the glove, but all the opportunities were generated by the four guys I mentioned. We can't even roll two effective lines.I live in Minny, and I am not going to have a good Monday.

I'm not saying he sucks, but Lammy played a bad game tonight. This team also needs to become more self-disciplined or in other words keep the penalties down, especially at the end of a close game, but that's part of an early season. Kozek probably should've had two goals tonight, let's hope that if this team can click they will score on chances like that at the end of the year. Yes Finley isn't playing well, but IMO Smaby wasn't exactly a great defenseman his first year in a half. Tommorow is an important game, not saying it is a must win, but they're playing with their backs to the wall at home and something needs to shift the momentum of this team.

This team should be ok, maybe.

1. Someone tell Lammy to stay on his feet, everyone knows to shoot high! It's so gross to watch everyone shoot high over and over again.

2. This team really needs to pick it up, because they look terrible!! It's sad when you know that there going to lose when CC tied it up in the third.

3. The sophomore class is going to have to pick it up, because the Senior, Junior and Freshman classes are terrible.

:D with a screen name like that i knew you would respond to a sarcastic post ;)

I actually respect the job that Hakstol has done getting the team deep into the playoffs two years in a row. The problem is that I don't get to see those road games in person. The home games I do get to see. One of these years the old "let's turn it up in February and March" isn't going to work.

Win the games you should early in the year and you give yourself some breathing room later on. Plus, this team better wow people with their record or get an auto-bid because the NCAA will not pick UND for the National Tourney unless they absolutely have to. Just look at the hose job the football team got in seeding.

Lee recovered and got called for a penalty that MIGHT be weak, might not. TH really didn't talk much about it.

I thought the calll on Lee was a good call. He let the guy get around him and had to take the penalty. (I was at the game, no replay.) That's a must call by the official.

That being said there were other calls earlier that should have gone in our favor that weren't made. At five minutes in front of the bench Chay Gennoway takes a butt end (probably covered with the glove) to the head, no call. A couple minutes later, Kozak takes an elbow to the head coming through the middle, no call.

I thought those shot to the heads were must calls now.