SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite piece of your Sioux collection

Brasco

I am a lifelong Sioux athletics (especially hockey) collector. I am interested in knowing what others collect of the University and of Sioux athletics.

My favorite pieces of my collection are a personalized team signed 85-86 Sioux hockey stick and a signed green Tony Hrkac '87 replica jersey that he inscribed "Hobey Baker 87".

Just thought this would be interesting as I have not really seen many Sioux collections outside of my family

I have Matt Jone's green jersey and Nick Fuhur's white one from the 03-04 season. I think their from 03-04.

I also got Zach Jone's Retro jersey from last year. I got Zach's at the Sioux Shop for only $100. I couldn't believe it was that cheap. I wear the Zach Jones jersey but other two I had framed.

Two game worn Prp green autographed jerseys ( one with the Frozen Four patch), one white game worn autographed Prp jersey (with NCAA patch), one game worn white throw back autographed Prp jersey, one game worn white throw back autographed Porter jersey, one game worn white throw back autographed Zajac jersey, one game worn green autographed Schneidner jersey and one 2004-2005 game worn Parise helmut.

Oh and I have a hockey stick used in practice signed by the team sometime between 1977 and 1980. It was given to my older son by his then babysitter's husband. Stu was the equipment manager (I think). My son played with it and the autographs are hard to read; part aging, part bad penmanship and part wear.

I also have Ziegleman's Sioux winter jacket with zip out inner coat and his Sioux pull over jacket. And I have the usual assorted souvenier stuff.

2 favorite items would be......................

matt jones game worn jersey vs team usa, jersey has the air force and usa patches on sleeve. also signed

and 02/03 signed north dakota christian stick, parise,bochenski ect.........

I have a Ryan Bayda game ready stick signed by him that is sitting in my garage collecting dust because I don't what to do with it. I used to have a few beer signs that said let's go sioux from campus liquors that many of the players had signed when they partied in our dorm room in the great Walsh hall. I ended up throwing these away, but wish I had saved them because they had great messages and words of wisdom from players such as Commordore, Notterman, Spiewak, Goehring, DeFauw, Leinwebber, Hales' and many others that would hang out with us.

I have a Ryan Bayda game ready stick signed by him that is sitting in my garage collecting dust because I don't what to do with it. I used to have a few beer signs that said let's go sioux from campus liquors that many of the players had signed when they partied in our dorm room in the great Walsh hall. I ended up throwing these away, but wish I had saved them because they had great messages and words of wisdom from players such as Commordore, Notterman, Spiewak, Goehring, DeFauw, Leinwebber, Hales' and many others that would hang out with us.

Dude?

Dude?

I was in a cleaning mode at the end of the year and we just started throwing stuff away in our dorm room. I just thought of them as my friends back then and didn't realize that it was such a big deal. Now it seems like with the new arena has completely revitalized everything and everybody wants a piece of something because it is almost like this is a professionaly team the scale that it is on now. I had one of Travis Roche's sticks and DeFauw's that I used to play my own hockey and now they are really beat up. I wish I would have save these things now when I look back.

I was in a cleaning mode at the end of the year and we just started throwing stuff away in our dorm room. I just thought of them as my friends back then and didn't realize that it was such a big deal. Now it seems like with the new arena has completely revitalized everything and everybody wants a piece of something because it is almost like this is a professionaly team the scale that it is on now. I had one of Travis Roche's sticks and DeFauw's that I used to play my own hockey and now they are really beat up. I wish I would have save these things now when I look back.

Ebay would have been a better choice and would have left you with some $ anyway. :D

Back in 1989-90 I purchased a generic sioux jersey with some back-up goaltender's number on it. I was fortunate enough later on to meet Greg Johnson and get him to sign it. Later in life I would get, in my opinion the greatest goaltender the Sioux has ever had, Karl G.'s autograph, and than in 2003-04 I was able to get the entire team to sign the Jersey, even Blaise signed it. At that point I had it framed, along with the roster from that year, and now it hangs in my house. I have several other items signed, cards and such, but that would be my all time favorite peice.