SiouxSports.com Forum

Football schedule

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Do we have any idea what next year's schedule will be? We will still play an NCC schedule, right? But how about non-conference. Are there any D1-aa teams that will be on the schedule? Thanks. ;)

With next year being your exploratory year you will still be D2, play in the NCC and be eligible for the D2 playoffs.

Do we have any idea what next year's schedule will be? We will still play an NCC schedule, right? But how about non-conference. Are there any D1-aa teams that will be on the schedule? Thanks. ;)

UND will still play an NCC schedule next year, and since the trend seems to be towards playing 10 games instead of 11, that means only two non-conference games need to be scheduled. I haven't heard anything as far as potential non-conference opponents for next year. I doubt we'll see Winona State on the schedule again.

UND will still play an NCC schedule next year, and since the trend seems to be towards playing 10 games instead of 11, that means only two non-conference games need to be scheduled. I haven't heard anything as far as potential non-conference opponents for next year. I doubt we'll see Winona State on the schedule again.

I believe this was the first year in the last five or so that there were only 10 games wasn't it? I hope we get 11 next year. Six home games would be nice

I believe this was the first year in the last five or so that there were only 10 games wasn't it? I hope we get 11 next year. Six home games would be nice

I think we had 10 in 2004, also. Although I'd certainly like to have that 6th home game, I think we'll see a 10-game schedule again next year since chances are that the off week from NCC play will come too late in the season to have much of a shot of filling since basically every other team in the country will be playing conference games after about mid-September. A few teams that UND could possibly schedule later on would be Humboldt State, Western Oregon and Tiffin.

Rumor is that Montana St. may buy out their '07 game against NDSU in Fargo because they want a sixth home game, probably against a DII. Perhaps a trip to Bozeman could be in order for '07? Or maybe even Fargo! :lol:

Playing in Bozeman would be pretty cool. From a strength of schedule standpoint, I would strongly recommend trying to schedule Tiffin next year. They're in the northwest region, and they'll likely have a very good record again given the types of teams they normally play.

Rumor is that Montana St. may buy out their '07 game against NDSU in Fargo because they want a sixth home game, probably against a DII. Perhaps a trip to Bozeman could be in order for '07? Or maybe even Fargo! ;)

That same rumor also has MSU going to Texas Tech for a nice payday. I would definately love to see UND play the Kitties though. Possibly the first of a 3 game agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to both Bobcatnation.com and Bisonville.com the Bobcat-Bison game for 2007 is officially off. MSU wants a DII home game, and NDSU is down to 3 (I think) confirmed home games for '07. Those are two very intriguing regional possibilities if UND is looking for a I-AA game for next year. I've always been in the camp of wanting to renew the rivalry with NDSU asap, but personally I think a trip to Bozeman next year would be great for the program and generating interest. However unlikely, I'd love to see either game happen in 2007.

Well, according to both Bobcatnation.com and Bisonville.com the Bobcat-Bison game for 2007 is officially off. MSU wants a DII home game, and NDSU is down to 3 (I think) confirmed home games for '07. Those are two very intriguing regional possibilities if UND is looking for a I-AA game for next year. I've always been in the camp of wanting to renew the rivalry with NDSU asap, but personally I think a trip to Bozeman next year would be great for the program and generating interest. However unlikely, I'd love to see either game happen in 2007.

Heck we will play the Bison in the Fargo Dome, we have a great record there. I think haven't the Sioux only lost once?

I don't believe UND has ever lost in the Fargodome. 3-0 I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong. I remember 2 scores being 12-6 and the other one was when Jim Kleinsasser caught the long touchdown bomb down the middle.

UND lost 16-13 in 2000. That was the year NDSU made it to the semi's.

I've hear both, but initial reports had Montana State going to play Texas A&M, now I've heard Tech from a few different sites, so who knows. I think it has been confirmed that the Bobcats have already scheduled a DII team for the NDSU date. I'd love to see UND go down to the Fargodome, and I'm sure it would be good for NDSU's bottom line, as they were expecting close to a sell out with Montana State.

UND is 4-1 in the Friendly Fargodome. A.K.A. : Home away from Home

We own most NCC fields, with the exception of Caniglia.

I think we can change things in Nebraska, I would love to see the NDSU and UND rivarly renewed.

Why not start next season?