SiouxSports.com Forum

Lennon Future

BisonMav

Sioux

Anonymous

Bison Insider 

Date Posted: 02/18/2003 7:51 AM           

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morton is not the unnanmed applicant. Word is Lennon was appraoched and is the un named applicant.

By Sicatokas own admission Lennon may not be in the same league as the coaches that are known applicants, but I wouldnt be suprised a bit if he applied. Its the best coaching job in ND. But, after what he did to Sac State eyebrows might be raised when the interviews are evaluated.

Don't flatter yourself JBB.

I'd take Lennon over any of those three right now.

My point was this: TeamMakers and other Bison FB fans would go off the deep end if it's not Rocky, Gus (Casey), or Terry Allen.

Geez, 'Bisonguy' already has the bright yellow "Gus Bus" parked in front of Gene Taylor's house. What more can you say? :):(:(

• 2 weeks later...

On the Bison boards they are saying that Bohl has accepted the job and it will be announced this afternoon at a press conference. Bohl was on the Bison for the staff 1984 season. It will be very interesting to see how the Bison fans spin this one. The majority of Bison fans wanted Rocky or Bradley...as well as most of the other candidates before Bohl. Taylor sure didn't pick the fans choice, very interesting coming off a 2-8 season and a move to 1-AA coming. Taylor sure had better hope this one doesn't backfire on him or else he will be outta town pretty damn fast.

On the Bison boards they are saying that Bohl has accepted the job and it will be announced this afternoon at a press conference.  it will be very interesting to see how the Bison fans spin this one.  The majority of Bison fans wanted Rocky or Bradley...as well as most of the other candidates before Bohl.  Taylor sure didn't pick the fans choice, very interesting coming off a 2-8 season and a move to 1-AA coming.  Taylor sure had better hope this one doesn't backfire on him or else he will be outta town pretty damn fast.

I know a lot of Bison fans wanted Bradley, but he has no head coaching experience nor any division I experience. Plus, although Babich was the obvious scapegoat for last season's debacle and the lack of a title of any kind since 1994, I believe Bradley was on the staff for Babich's entire tenure and thus has to shoulder at least some responsibility for the recent failings and/or underachievement, as well. Plus, as the assistant head coach under Babich, he has to take at least a little of the blame for a couple of lackluster recruiting classes in recent years which played a role in last year's 2-8 record and the necessity to take the red-shirts off far too many true freshman.

I never said that Bison fans were that smart. :0 I agree that they should of have went outside the program for a fresh start. It will be interesting to see who Bohl retains. The players and fans really seem to like Bradley and some of these assistants did a heck of a job on the recruiting trail this year.

Retention was the problem with past recruiting classes. We attracted some huge talent that never saw the field. Nobody has really explained what happened, but that fell on Babich's head too.

Bradley would have been a great choice. Although we dont really know I think the rumors on Bohl are pretty solid. I believe there will be some changes in the assistant ranks, we have 2 vbacancies anyway, but Im hoping Bradley stays. His defensive units always appeared to be better coached than the offnesive side of the ball.

I was one that wanted the Bison to go outside. I was in favor of Terry Allen or Dennis Wagner or Craig Bohl. Every time in the past that the Bison had a losing record they went for new blood. Bohl is the best of both worlds. He was on the 1984 national runners-up coaching staff at NDSU and has been part of national titles at Nebraska. I think Nebraska was stupid to let him go. I never wanted Rocky and Bradley was kind of my pick if all others went down.

I think he is going to turn the Bison around next year. He did it at Duke in 1994.

He was the right choice to lead the Bison into I-AA.

teamsioux Posted on Feb 28 2003, 07:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have talked to many Bison fans that wanted Bradley or Rocky, not just people on the boards. I think most that I have talked to in Bisonland would of wanted one of these two.

I have talked to many Bison fans that wanted Bradley or Rocky, not just people on the boards. I think most that I have talked to in Bisonland would of wanted one of these two.

I think name recognition and familiarity had something to do with that. I, for one, wanted Bradley to be the coach until I researched the other candidates. I was still pulling for Gus, but I knew that NDSU might be better off with one of the other guys. Parallel for the fans you described-You are much more likely to let someone into your home that you have met and have memories of, than a stranger off the street. Most Bison fans know who Casey Bradley and Rocky Hager are.

You are exactly right. I just think that NDSU fans might have a shorter fuse with someone from the outside, especially coming from a big-name program like Nebraska. Taylor will also be under the spotlight after his blunder of giving Babich the extension...even though he lucked out by his leaving.

Rocky Hager also fit that category when he was hired in 87(unless you count high school nine-man football). Personally, I would rather have a DI guy with tons of experience rather that "bringing up" a guy who has head coaching experience at a lower level. In the long run, though, it probably doesn't matter. A good coach is a good coach, and I feel confident Bohl is the guy.

It boiled down to 2 guys without head coaching experience, but 2 good coaches. You cant judge the future coach by the performance of the outgoing guy, I dont care how many similarities there are. Coach Bohl brings a lot of skills to the position. Hes the new guy in the league this year. I think he is a great choice. Its also good that he gets a year of the NCC before we move on.