SiouxSports.com Forum

Your favorite town in North Dakota

JESUS,family,rutgers

Are you referring to "God"? lol... As a kid from Lakota, I can only remember one baseball loss to Tolna. It was on a blown call in which I tagged up on a fly ball and scored. The Tolna pitcher then threw a pitch to the next batter and then threw over to 3rd to appeal that I left early. The ump called me out. Oh yes....nothing like a hometown ump bending the rules... we lost 3-2

I was at that game.....You were too busy pushing your glasses up...No way you saw the outfielder catch the ball.....You left WAYYYY early

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This doesnt really deal with anything but in between Strandquist and Karlstad, MN there was a big statue of a Minnesota Twins guy and A little pink sing that says Go Twins, I saw it when I was coming home from Home Coming weekend, We went 59 from Crookston, and it was half way almost between there.

Towner.

The cattle capitol.

The thousands of stories i could tell, some legal, most not. :0

THe fourth of July, 3rd of july streetdance that shuts down MAIN street.

THe vegabond, the highschoool party spot that all the cops came to and we didnt care.

the sporting events, everyone knowing my name since my parents owned the only grocery store.

Never taking the keys out of my car till my first day at college, ahh those were the days.

THe people were amazing, the friends the best.

Although I have been born and raised in GF, I MUST agree BIGSIOUX!!! My dad grew up there and the stories he has to tell........ :lol: I always LOVE going to see my grandma! Good times.....took my fiancee there for the first time a couple weeks ago and he was AMAZED that there was only ONE grocery store. :-p He didn't know what to do with himself!!

Although I have been born and raised in GF, I MUST agree BIGSIOUX!!! My dad grew up there and the stories he has to tell........ :lol: I always LOVE going to see my grandma! Good times.....took my fiancee there for the first time a couple weeks ago and he was AMAZED that there was only ONE grocery store. :-p He didn't know what to do with himself!!

Thats great, i worked so much at that place its a nightmare.

Who is your grandma, im sure i carried her groceries to her car about a thousand times. Maybe even mowed her yard.

• 2 weeks later...