SiouxSports.com Forum

Because I just can't help myself...

MafiaMan

I turned on ESPN this morning before getting ready for work and watched "Barry's Best" of the NHL last night. Good stuff!

Attached is a link...click just below "Pens' Station" on "Watch Barry's Best: Goals Galore" and see what happens about 3/4 of the way thru the video clips when the subject becomes "best hits."

Keep your head up, Phil!

Barry's Best of 10-12-06

I turned on ESPN this morning before getting ready for work and watched "Barry's Best" of the NHL last night. Good stuff!

Attached is a link...click just below "Pens' Station" on "Watch Barry's Best: Goals Galore" and see what happens about 3/4 of the way thru the video clips when the subject becomes "best hits."

Keep your head up, Phil!

Barry's Best of 10-12-06

Oh, that is funny... :D

Kessel gets his fugly faced rearranged and you run over here to see if anyone writes about it. Unbelievable.

C'Dog is right so who is obscessed with Phil? Its getting old as siouxsports.com being refered to as Kesselobcession.com. When its the Goofer fans telling us we are obcessed with Kessel. You also forgot to call us Halo wearing fans.

Kessel gets checked and it's headline news over here on Kesselsports.com. Unbelievable. :D

;) Less than two hours after I bait my hook and drop it in the water, I reel in buckysieve. :D

You know what's even funnier, buckysieve? Now that it's hockey season, every Gopher fan I know (including some personal friends) insists that Kessel was a cancer to the team last year, they never liked him, better off without him, blah blah blah. If I had only tape-recorded conversations last year before the start of the season, you'd have heard every single one of them yapping about how the team couldn't help but win the NCAA title, best recruit ever, possible freshman Hobey Baker award winner, blah blah blah. The 180 by Gopher fans on the kid is absolutely priceless.

who is obscessed with Phil?

I'd say the fan base that starts a thread about him being checked, which is actually a fairly normal occurance in hockey.

The first step for you people is to just admit you have a problem. The steps get easier after that and then you'll no longer be forced to live your Kessel obsessed lives. I could even be your sponsor if you'd like.

I'd say the fan base that starts a thread about him being checked, which is actually a fairly normal occurance in hockey.

The first step for you people is to just admit you have a problem. The steps get easier after that and then you'll no longer be forced to live your Kessel obsessed lives. I could even be your sponsor if you'd like.

Bucky actually learned something from Alcoholics Anonymous. When do you get your coin?

Oh I see, since I have a picture of Kessel on my blog, I must be obcessed with Phil Kessel, add to that my halo is in the cleaners this week being washed. hum... Not that I am a hockey fan and a big Bruins fan. The logic of a 5 year old.

god you are annoying..........have some fun................. :lol:

I agree. For someone who thinks Sioux fans are obsessed with (I'm gonna play Bill Parcells here and not even say his name from now on), that certain draft pick of the Bruins, buckysieve is more obsessed with defending him.

...You know what's even funnier, buckysieve? Now that it's hockey season, every Gopher fan I know (including some personal friends) insists that Kessel was a cancer to the team last year, they never liked him, better off without him, blah blah blah....

The same kind of people who thought Vanek was the problem in '03-'04. It's all good though, there were plenty in these parts who insisted Kessel was worthless as well.

The same kind of people who thought Vanek was the problem in '03-'04. It's all good though, there were plenty in these parts who insisted Kessel was worthless as well.

I usually take with a grain of salt comments that state, "Every ____ I know....". Every single last one of 'em, eh? :silly:

I usually take with a grain of salt comments that state, "Every ____ I know....". Every single last one of 'em, eh? :silly:

Yep. From the half-dozen or so fans I ran into at the State Fair wearing Gopher hockey clothing that I chatted hockey with to the inter-office courier guy at my job to some of my good friends to some of my softball teammates who like hockey. Not a single one of them has said "wow, him leaving clearly is a big loss." Obviously not a characterization of all Gopher fans and not an exact scientific poll, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Yep. From the half-dozen or so fans I ran into at the State Fair wearing Gopher hockey clothing that I chatted hockey with to the inter-office courier guy at my job to some of my good friends to some of my softball teammates who like hockey. Not a single one of them has said "wow, him leaving clearly is a big loss." Obviously not a characterization of all Gopher fans and not an exact scientific poll, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Right there with you MafiaMan. I live in the land of goofs, taxes and liberals. The "former player" was moses marching them to the promised land at the start of last year. By the middle of last summer, when the former player had showed his true character, the goofer nation were tripping over each other to see who could throw him in front of the bus first.

The reason dumb bucky, or whatever his "handle" is, get so raw nerved about it is because you don't hear that kind of circular firing squad talk from other WCHA fans, us Sioux fans at the top of the list. I work with a guy who bleeds, GUSHES, Badger Red. In the 10 years I've known him, he's never called 1 of their players a cancer or talked smack about a kid. And I think the Robbi the dive queen could have been a qualifier.

How did willy shakespeare say it again, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."