• CHRIS PORTER
  3. 3. WHO WILL BE THE SIOUX ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

• MICHAEL FORNEY
    • CHAY GENOWAY
    • CHRIS VANDEVELDE
    • ANTHONY GRIECO
    • HUNTER BISHOP
    • DARCY ZAJAC

I think Oshie will lead the team in goals, but Toews will lead the team in points.

The harder one for me is the penalty minutes poll. Who will lead the team? I couldn't decide between Kaip or Jones. Both are rough and tumble guys. Finley could do it too, but I think he'll have a solid year and, though he'll commit a few boneheaded penalties, I think Jones will hit guys so hard that the refs will assume it is dirty. And Kaip won't back down from anyone and that will earn him more PIMs than Jones.

I think Oshie will lead the team in goals, but Toews will lead the team in points.

I have that flipped. Oshie is a grind it out and make something happen. He gets the dirty goals. Toews is more of a playmaker and has no problem feeding the puck so someone else can finish.

I think Toews will lead the team in scoring. He was just on fire the last few weeks last year. I think he is delaying his NHL career so that he can do something special in college (i.e. lead the nation in scoring, win the Hobey Baker, and hoist a Nat'l Championship trophy) :lol:

Jones will easily lead in PIM. I like his intensity, but he plays 50% solid and 50% stupid. Too emotional.

I don't know much about the rookies, but I think Forney has had too many injury problems and Zajac won't wanna go down in Sioux history as Travis' little brother so I picked him.

I have that flipped. Oshie is a grind it out and make something happen. He gets the dirty goals. Toews is more of a playmaker and has no problem feeding the puck so someone else can finish.

TJ is more likely pass the puck for the sure goal than to make the play himself. I see him as having the highest number of assists the whole time we're lucky to have him here. That's why I see Jonathan as leading the team in goals.

TJ is more likely pass the puck for the sure goal than to make the play himself. I see him as having the highest number of assists the whole time we're lucky to have him here. That's why I see Jonathan as leading the team in goals.

My mind keeps going back to how TJ likes to come off the boards right in front of the goalie for the quick shot. I really don't remember him passing that much once he got in close and he always seemed to be in close. My feeling on Toews last year was taht he didn't shoot enough in the first half of the season.

My mind keeps going back to how TJ likes to come off the boards right in front of the goalie for the quick shot. I really don't remember him passing that much once he got in close and he always seemed to be in close. My feeling on Toews last year was taht he didn't shoot enough in the first half of the season.

You're likely right but I keep remembering TJ as being a real team player (I'm not saying Jonathan wasn't). He was always in the mix of things and helping make things happen. I don't know, I just think we're damn lucky to have both these young men on 'our side'. :lol:

I went with Jones because of "experience" but almost voted for Zajac. I don't think Zajac's biggest affect on the game will be offensive. Or maybe it will depending on how you define that term in this context.

I went with Jones,too. But for an entirely different reason. I remember my son calling Jones 'psycho' more than once last season. :lol:

They are both extremely unselfish. Both score 60 pts (30-30)

I just want to hear how the PA Announcer is going to call CV's first collegiate goal...here's your University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Scoring....Scoring his first goal as a Sioux...

CHRIS VANNNNN _ DEEE_ VELLL___DEEEEE