SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Winona game thread

sprig

You have to feel sorry for Warrior_08. This poor dude has a pointless life. His team swoons so bad he can't even stay for the whole game and has nothing better to do than come and troll on the opposing team's web site. He clings to the one championship his school has ever won and is so jealous that he can taste the acid in his mouth. To top it all off, he attends a school that doesn't teach grammer or spelling. :lol: What a wasted life. :angry:

By the way Warrior_08, why is it that you had to leave the game early to get to the cities because you had plans, but mannaged to stay the entire 2nd half in the hotel room "chatting" with us? :angry:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Sioux today. To take a decent team out behind the woodshed the week after a huge win means a ton for the team. I really think it was big to show no signs of a let down.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was some of the bad penalties they took. Stroups was rediculous, beyond playing hard.

All in all a Good Win............Next week Conference time again.

****In addition..........to the chump in section 207 today that thought it would be cool to throw a half full bottle of beer down ten rows in order to have it splatter a few fans including an elementary student, an elderly gentleman and my seven month old son: I hope that the security took you where you belong, treated you like dirt and then banned you from all Sioux events. Your not the type of fan I want to be associated with. Drunk and Stupid is now way to go through life.

****In addition..........to the chump in section 207 today that thought it would be cool to throw a half full bottle of beer down ten rows in order to have it splatter a few fans including an elementary student, an elderly gentleman and my seven month old son: I hope that the security took you where you belong, treated you like dirt and then banned you from all Sioux events. Your not the type of fan I want to be associated with. Drunk and Stupid is now way to go through life.

Our seats are in 207. Which row did this happen, I missed it. I did go to the ladies room at half time. Did security take him/her out? I sure hope so.

I saw more than one person drinking beer in bottles in their seats. I thought no one could take beer to their seats?

By the way Warrior_08, why is it that you had to leave the game early to get to the cities because you had plans, but mannaged to stay the entire 2nd half in the hotel room "chatting" with us? :lol:

If warriorIQ8 really was in GF today, which I doubt very much, and had to leave due to plans in the cities he had to have paid for an extra night in his motel room that he wasn't planning on using. Aren't most check out times between 11 and 1 o'clock?

Everything about this dude makes me think he's about 10 years old and is posing as a college student or adult. If that isn't the fact, he's really, really stupid and his parents erred when they didn't institutionalise him long ago.

Our seats are in 207. Which row did this happen, I missed it. I did go to the ladies room at half time. Did security take him/her out? I sure hope so.

I saw more than one person drinking beer in bottles in their seats. I thought no one could take beer to their seats?

It hit in row X. It was midway though the third quarter, the blown WSU drive before the safety I believe. I spent some time in a daze wondering through the "Fatherly" what ifs.

It hit in row X. It was midway though the third quarter, the blown WSU drive before the safety I believe. I spent some time in a daze wondering through the "Fatherly" what ifs.

We're in row M. I hope security took whoever it was out and charged him/her with disorderly conduct. Babies, the elderly, anyone can be severly injured by glass bottles. Does anyone know about the alcohol in the seats rule? I have no problem turning anyone in to security if it prevents even one episode like yours.

We're in row M. I hope security took whoever it was out and charged him/her with disorderly conduct. Babies, the elderly, anyone can be severly injured by glass bottles. Does anyone know about the alcohol in the seats rule? I have no problem turning anyone in to security if it prevents even one episode like yours.

I know that you can't have alcohol in the student section, but I don't think they ever said anything about the other areas. You would think though that security would have stopped him coming in though if he wasn't suppose to have it.

Unfortunately, it's not hard to sneak anything in past the guards. The number of people going in an out at the same time during breaks in the game makes it really easy. One of the people I saw drinking out of a glass bottle of beer was sitting in the row in front of me. It was a woman with a 2 or 3 year old on her lap.

Great game by the Sioux today. On the negative side, I was a bit surprised that UND didn't run the ball all that often, or that well. I thought Chappell would get a lot more than two carries today. At least his punt return was electric. I love how Manke is playing, and the Dressler-Trenbeath duo. So long as Manke and Dressler in particular stay healthy, I think the offense is going to score some serious points this year. And I think the record for sacks in a season is in serious jeopardy.

Great game by the Sioux today. On the negative side, I was a bit surprised that UND didn't run the ball all that often, or that well. I thought Chappell would get a lot more than two carries today. At least his punt return was electric. I love how Manke is playing, and the Dressler-Trenbeath duo. So long as Manke and Dressler in particular stay healthy, I think the offense is going to score some serious points this year. And I think the record for sacks in a season is in serious jeopardy.

Do think us not running the ball is because of our line?

Passing always seems to get teams in trouble at some point in some game. We will need the running game to control the clock on teams like Duluth and SD.

Do think us not running the ball is because of our line?

Passing always seems to get teams in trouble at some point in some game. We will need the running game to control the clock on teams like Duluth and SD.

I'd have to see a tape of the game to comment on the line's play today, but I do know they played exceptionally well vs. UNI. It must have been the game plan today to focus on the pass, because UND really never tried to just pound the ball down Winona's throat like I thought they would. I'm also not convinced that using 3-4 backs is the ideal situation. The depth at running back is very good, but I feel like they should pick a guy, and go with him. My personal pick would be Chappell because of his big-play ability, but I would have no problems with Strouth, Beatty or Brady, either.

I'd have to see a tape of the game to comment on the line's play today, but I do know they played exceptionally well vs. UNI. It must have been the game plan today to focus on the pass, because UND really never tried to just pound the ball down Winona's throat like I thought they would. I'm also not convinced that using 3-4 backs is the ideal situation. The depth at running back is very good, but I feel like they should pick a guy, and go with him. My personal pick would be Chappell because of his big-play ability, but I would have no problems with Strouth, Beatty or Brady, either.

Personally, I like Chappel as the change of pace. He's the guy who can break the game wide open. I'd rather have a Strouth or Beatty at this point to carry the ball 20 odd times a game. I just love how Beatty always seems to gain that extra yard or two after being hit.

Attendance was 10,333.

Can't really find to many flaws in today's performance. The offense was stellar, the defense was stellar. I would prefer that with guys like Strouth and Chappell in the backfield that our QB would not be our leading rusher.

I have little to no confidence in Hellevang. His first PAT went in but it was a duck. All but two of his kickoffs were rather short. He missed his one field goal attempt. And apparently the staff doesn't have alot of confidence in him either to fake the one field goal when we already had pretty good lead.

My biggest concern of the day is that there is no Little Ceasar's Pizza at the Al anymore. They were apparently replaced with the frozen microwavable single mini pizzas by Red Baron. Oh yeah, and they were out of nachos. :lol:

I was hoping for a better number with first game, potato bowl, and student tix being sold out.

I was a little surprised by that figure. It didn't look like that all of the people watching from the concourses above the endzones would have fit in the few empty seats that were left in the 4 corner sections of the arena.

I was a little surprised by that figure. It didn't look like that all of the people watching from the concourses above the endzones would have fit in the few empty seats that were left in the 4 corner sections of the arena.

So the Al can't count any better this year than in previous years? :lol: It's almost as if a very large group of people is never considerred into the attendance figure. Maybe the band? But that is only around 100-150 seats.

So the Al can't count any better this year than in previous years? :lol: It's almost as if a very large group of people is never considerred into the attendance figure. Maybe the band? But that is only around 100-150 seats.

No way there was 3,000+ empty seats today, maybe the Al only holds 12,000??

I'd llike to see more of Brady and Chappell. I too was surprised at the lack of running plays today.