SiouxSports.com Forum

Worlds strongest man

BigGame

Real Sports did a segmant on the Hoyts last season. They were saying that Dick was finishing triathalons in record times pulling, pushing and riding with Rick on the front of his bike, and they wondered what kind of times he could finish in if he wasn't doing all that extra work. To him, that was not an option.

They also said that when Rick got his first computer that made him able to communicate, they were watching a NHL game and he said, "Go Bruins." That's when Dick realized that his son loved sports.

Really a touching story of the human spirit and the bond between a father and son.

Time taken to watch the video following this is the best time you've ever spent ...so read this and then watch the video (the website link is at the end)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to be a good father. Give my kids mulligans. Work nights to pay for their text messaging.

But compared with Dick Hoyt, I suck.

Eighty-five times he's pushed his disabled son, Rick, 26.2 miles in marathons. Eight times he's not only pushed him 26.2 miles in a wheelchair but also towed him 2.4 miles in a dinghy while swimming and pedaled him 112 miles in a seat on the handlebars