SiouxSports.com Forum

The Upcoming Special Season

jk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pushing to get top four minutes will be Hagemo (if healthy) and either RJ Anderson or Fischer. The only question is whether Johnson or Fischer will be able to provide some violence that has been missing since DeMarchi departed.

I'd hope that noone would hope for a dman with Demarchi-type hit from behind violence. I don't think the hfb rule leaves any room for a new Demarchi.

It's not as if the fans are awarding these honors (All WCHA teams and Rookie of the Year). They are determined by WCHA-member team coaches, players, sports information directors and media. I guess those people don't know what they are talking about though, right?

Yes, you are 100% correct, they don't know what they are talking about. :D

I'd hope that noone would hope for a dman with Demarchi-type hit from behind violence. I don't think the hfb rule leaves any room for a new Demarchi.

Like everyone I'd prefer the clean Matt Smaby type hit on Grant P, but truthfully I'd settle for the occasional Matt Greene viscious cross-check. Really I just want a guy that the opposing forwards look around for before the puck drops to see if they need to be a little more careful that shift.

Like everyone I'd prefer the clean Matt Smaby type hit on Grant P, but truthfully I'd settle for the occasional Matt Greene viscious cross-check. Really I just want a guy that the opposing forwards look around for before the puck drops to see if they need to be a little more careful that shift.

Thought you might just want a little squealing in front of the gopher net, even, if it means quite a few penalties, although I wouldn't have picked Demarchi as the prototype.

Speaking of the upcoming season, I see that they have the new pictures up on fightingsioux.com. It looks like some of the fellas might have got a two for one deal on their suits. :D

http://fightingsioux.com/sports/mhockey/roster.asp

brian lee went silver on us.....phil sure grew out his hair...

uhhhhhh, joe doesnt look like a guy to be messed with this season

2569.jpg

Hey, maybe Diggler the "Ric Flair" of college hockey would like to lock up with Big Joe. :D

JOOOOOOE WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FINLEY WOOOOOOOO!!!! *Takes off sunglasses* To be......*dances around*....the Man......*takes off Rolex*......You got to.......*takes off shirt and dances some more*....beat THE MAN! And I am.......THE MAN!!! You may be bigger and you may be stronger. But I'm Diggler! I've been a stylin', profilin', limousine riding, leer jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheeling dealing son of a gun since you were in Mrs. White's second grade class making popsicle stick houses. WOOOOOOO!!!! *To random hot chick* Hey Honey, you wanna ride Space Mountain?

INCH has their top 20 incoming freshman up.

Michael Forney

North Dakota Thief River Falls H.S.

The jump from high school to college is a big one, but Forney has skills that are said to be in the same league as T.J. Oshie, a Sioux teammate who made that leap look easy last year.

I like the sounds or that.

If he does half as good as TJ we'll all be happy. Disappointing to see only one Sioux on this list though... :D

I am a little surprised that Vandevelde didn't make the list, but he really didn;t light the USHL on fire last year. Also no love for Zajac.

WCHA is WELL represented. :D

I am a little surprised that Vandevelde didn't make the list, but he really didn;t light the USHL on fire last year. Also no love for Zajac.

WCHA is WELL represented. :D

My wild conspiracy theory regarding this is that Forney's numbers during the season, even in high school hockey, were very good and the recent success that UND had with the High School - DI route with Oshie makes it all more noteworthy (however, I don't really understand that because Shattuck is a high school and no one talks about that much). Vandevelde did not have a consistently great year last year, no, but his second half was pretty good from what I read. I expect Vandevelde will be a solid contributor by season's end.