SiouxSports.com Forum

parise leaving?

Siouxrock

Can't judge the merit of the comment, but last night when Hennan was interviewing Zach after the game, Zach made the comment that he loves playing at the Ralph, and that he can't wait to play the next "5 or 6" games there this season. He went on to say that he is already looking forward to playing there next year, and Hennan made a joking comment, something to the effect of "and the year after that, and the year after that", to which Zach smiled back at him. So, I think he may have said that he'll be back for sure next year.....did anyone else see this interview???

I for one, am hoping that he'll hang around for the full 4. I love watching him play, and when he's playing like this already at this level, why not dominate all 4 years. Last I heard, the NHL wasn't going anywhere, and will be an option for Zach later in his career.

Goofer fans are hoping he doesn't stay around, I think personally he is not ready for the NHL.

I Hope Zack realizes that too. I hope see him around for the next season too... I thin UND and Zack, Brandon and Matt would be a good combination next season. I shudder to think what could happen. It would be scarey good...

I have a question. Could the possibility of an NHL strike in 2004 have any impact on players leaving early or staying later?

I.e. would Parise leave after this season so he could get a year in the pros before the strike? Or if not is there a better chance he is here for at least 3 years. I.e. if there is an NHL strike in 2004 maybe he plays here that year.........

Obviously this affects more players in college than just Parise. Just using him as an example.

First of all, he can't go play a year in the NHL, then come back if they strike. If you play pro, you lose eligibitily. Secondly, I'm friends with a couple guys that live by him in the dorms, and they say they are pretty sure he's gonna stay all four. The way his dad is, I just can see him staying and getting a degree to complete what he started here. It just wouldn't seem like the work ethic he has to leave to go pro early.

Am I the only one who saw the story WDAZ ran on Zach between periods during the CC series? It was produced by a Minneapolis TV station while Zach was back at Shattuck after the WJC. When asked how long he'd play college hockey, Zach said that if it were up to him, he'd leave as soon as possible.

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for staying at UND for four years or even two years. However, it does sound as if he will follow his father's advice on what to do.

First of all, he can't go play a year in the NHL, then come back if they strike. If you play pro, you lose eligibitily. Secondly, I'm friends with a couple guys that live by him in the dorms, and they say they are pretty sure he's gonna stay all four. The way his dad is, I just can see him staying and getting a degree to complete what he started here. It just wouldn't seem like the work ethic he has to leave to go pro early.

I must not have been clear. I'm quite aware he can't come back to play in college if he leaves. What I was asking is, considering the strike is considered a very real possibility, will that entice players to leave earlier, or will it help keep players in school a little longer.

PCM, I saw that interview. However I was at Senser's in Bloomington and the sound was down. Didn't HEAR it.

That sounds ominous.

The odds of an NHL strike are probably at least 60-40 right now. Teams are up to their noses in red ink, arenas have empty seats, players have multi-million dollar deals and the league overextended itself with expanding into every two-bit town between NY and LA.

Will this affect Parise's decision to stay or leave? Maybe, as teams have the final say on who gets called up. He's still projected as a top-15 pick. However, most scouts/agents I know think he has strong upside, but he's not ready for the big league yet. Another season or two at college is a cheap way for an NHL team to develop its top prospects, before they go to the AHL or NHL. The last thing most teams want to do is sign a top draft pick for mega bucks and then ship him to the AHL on their dime for more than a season or two, and a strike looming could influence their decision over the summer.

If lower end college teams can stop him, he has no chance in the NHL. He is clearly not ready for the NHL. If he thinks that he is, he really should leave then. It is that type of thinking and attitude with the entire team that resulted in the loss to Tech. The fans put more effort into the game than the team did. It is embarrassing that the fans would cheer for the Gophers because they knew it would help UND, yet the team wasn't willing to put any effort into their game.

Am I the only one who saw the story WDAZ ran on Zach between periods during the CC series? It was produced by a Minneapolis TV station while Zach was back at Shattuck after the WJC. When asked how long he'd play college hockey, Zach said that if it were up to him, he'd leave as soon as possible.

That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for staying at UND for four years or even two years. However, it does sound as if he will follow his father's advice on what to do.

PCM,I wouldn't read alot into this. Anyone can edit tape to sound good/bad. ;)

Depends on where you live when it comes to Zack.GF or MSP. ???

I understood what you were saying and I think that's another factor that could play a part in what happens. But at this point, it's difficult to know whether it will work for or against Parise's decision to stay or leave.

Sorry, PCM. The first part of that post was addressed to BigGreyAnt, not you.