SiouxSports.com Forum

COACH OF THE YEAR (WCHA)?

Tommiejo

A THOUGH JUST HIT ME THE OTHER DAY & MAYBE THE PANNEL OF EXPERTS CAN SHARE THEIR VIEWS ON THIS TOPIC TO THE QUESTION FOR I'M ABOUT TO ASK. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR COACH BLAIS (IF I MISPELL THAT PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUECAUSE I'M A LOUSY SPELLER) GETTING COACH OF THE YEAR IN THE WCHA? I THINK HE'LL GET THE NOD BUT THEN AGAIN YOU NEVER KNOW IN THIS DAY & AGE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS QUESTION?

Depending on what happens as it is still really early -- Troy J. from MSU-Mankato would have my vote -- if they make it to the WCHA final 5 -- look at what they lost from last year Pateman (goalie) decided not to come back, also the choice of Tim Jackman, and there was another one (a senior declared ineligible -- someone help me with his name please) -- who would have thought they'd be where they are!

Sorry but there is no way he gets the nod... He needs to bring in a goalie coach !!! HEs guessing and that doesnt boad well for the team.. Pick a goalie stand by him and expect the best out of him this is the big time.. YOu as a goalie have to have your heart in every game every practice.. Stand tall and be a leader.. Get the fans in the game and be a wall you have to be a wall nothin getiin by..But for this to happen you need a coach who can stand up and put his arm on your shoulder and tell you he believes in you and sticks with you ...NO GAMES ... TO WIN IT ALL YOU NEED TO PICK THE TENDER THATS GOING TO BE YOUR WALL... And from where I'm standing I dont think youve given that goalie his fair shot! sorry but thats just my opinion GO #35

IMO -

1. Jutting - It's a short list of those who picked this team to battle for home ice, let alone the title.

2. Owens - pojected contender and running away with title

3. Sandelin - Very quietly having a solid year and another great story - they had 15 points total last year.

Sorry Dean, but any coach with God on his team should be doing much better..... ???

It surprises me that more people haven't mentioned Blais as a candidate for coach of the year.

UND consists mostly of sophomores and freshmen, and as a team they were picked to finish fifth in the WCHA but currently stand fifth in the national power rankings. The credit for that has to go somewhere.

I am not saying he desires to win it, but he certainly merits consideration based on UND's results thus far.

Perhaps most Sioux fans, like me, cannot see beyond the current goaltender situation and that is clouding our judgment.