SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikes Reciever in Trouble Again

katohtr

This will hurt the Vikings as he was slated the number one reciever coming out of camp. As an avid Vikings fan, all I can tell you is that I'm extremely ill over it. Obviously not a whole lot of thinking done on his part.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/617439.html

I'm assuming that the Vikes will suspend him, possibly for the season.

Just another dumba$$ rich athelete. Since I am a Denver Broncos fan this does not really bother me as much as Vikings fans. I feel bad for Vikings fans, y'all get so disappointed every year.

:D Puhlease! Koren Robinson was a problem-child in Seattle so why is anyone stunned by this? Randy Moss runs over meter maids and gets slapped on the wrist, Daunte's busy with strippers on the love boat, yet someone is calling for a full-season suspension for a DWI? Gimme a break.

:D Puhlease! Koren Robinson was a problem-child in Seattle so why is anyone stunned by this? Randy Moss runs over meter maids and gets slapped on the wrist, Daunte's busy with strippers on the love boat, yet someone is calling for a full-season suspension for a DWI? Gimme a break.

I think the fleeing police officers might be the bigger charge here. He was doing over 100 miles in hour in a 55 zone. If it was me or you we would be sitting in jail a while to think about that one. I do not think he will be gone for a year, but since he was already inthe NFL substance abuse program, one never knows what might happen.

Just another reason why I don't pay much attention to professional sports, outside of hockey.

As an aside, I think the Vikes' new uniforms were pulled out of some arena league catalog. :D

I agree with you about the new uniforms. I have one word...BRIGHT! They are loud.

On one hand, I can feel sympathetic because he fell back onto the wagon. On the other hand, he wasn't very smart. He put himself in a position for failure when he was probably on his last leg anyways professionally.

This is another player who will more than likely end up out of football and in huge financial trouble. Sad.

That being said, it's not like they need a deep threat anyways. Brad Johnson isn't "that kind of QB."

Good luck Vikings. Spreading out the opposing defense is going to be difficult. I just hope their running game is better this season than what we're seeing this preseason.

This is another player who will more than likely end up out of football and in huge financial trouble. Sad.

Koren Robinson Stats and 2005 Salary

At just under $500K for the 2005 season, I'm hardly concerned about his financial well-being. Cue Patrick Ewing regarding the NBA player revolt of the 1990's:

"We might make a lot of money, but we SPEND a lot of money, too."

:D

Koren Robinson Stats and 2005 Salary

At just under $500K for the 2005 season, I'm hardly concerned about his financial well-being. Cue Patrick Ewing regarding the NBA player revolt of the 1990's:

"We might make a lot of money, but we SPEND a lot of money, too."

:D

Remember Sprewell's whining about not being able to feed his kids on $7 million(?) a year? :D

In any event, Robinson may want to look into joining Ricky Williams in Canada.

Linky

Remember Sprewell's whining about not being able to feed his kids on $7 million(?) a year? :D

Who could forget that comment? You can feed a kid in Calcutta on 42 cents a day, but $21 million over three years isn't enough for Latrell and all of his baby mammas? Cmon...

I'll give him (KR) this, he had everybody fooled (except me) about his rehab. I thought it funny about how the announcers on Monday Night Football were praising him on how he's turned his life around. :D

We're damn lucky he didn't kill somebody. What a loser....

So lets keep giving guys that should be in prison millions to play a game. Most of these guys are nothing but rich gang members and are total idiots and they obviously do not think that the rules do not apply to them. They are losers. From Robinson to Moss all of them. If they could not play football or basketball they would be in prison.

So lets keep giving guys that should be in prison millions to play a game. Most of these guys are nothing but rich gang members and are total idiots and they obviously do not think that the rules do not apply to them. They are losers. From Robinson to Moss all of them. If they could not play football or basketball they would be in prison.

Wow... a harsh generalization.

Nevermind all the humanitarian efforts Warrick Dunn has done over the past few years? I know there are more football stars or athletes that give a lot of their time and money to charitable causes because they feel it is the right thing to do (not because it is what is in their contract/what is expected of them to do).

There are a lot of idiots in the world, professional sports aren't excluded from this list. However, not everyone is an idiot and not every professional athlete is a criminal.

Nevermind all the humanitarian efforts Warrick Dunn has done over the past few years? I know there are more football stars or athletes that give a lot of their time and money to charitable causes because they feel it is the right thing to do (not because it is what is in their contract/what is expected of them to do).

Warrick Dunn is a great example of something positive in sports. What isn't so positive is the number of these athletes who set up their own "foundations" to do things. Even Michael Jordan wasn't immune, although he came out of his situation smelling like a rose somehow even though his "foundation" spent like 15% of its intake on helping people and the bulk of it on his wife's "salary."