SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikes Reciever in Trouble Again

katohtr

Geeze....

Yeah, not everyone can be Warrick Dunn or Dwayne Wade. Even poster boys Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Kirby Puckett got themselves into a little trouble---reiterating the point that not everyone is perfect. But to suggest that they all are gang--bangers and would be in prison if not for professional athletics?? That's not right....nor is it fair.

Don't let a few bad apples.....

Geeze....

Yeah, not everyone can be Warrick Dunn or Dwayne Wade. Even poster boys Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Kirby Puckett got themselves into a little trouble---reiterating the point that not everyone is perfect. But to suggest that they all are gang--bangers and would be in prison if not for professional athletics?? That's not right....nor is it fair.

Don't let a few bad apples.....

Hey, I'm offended by the use of the word "apples"!

I'm not sure how "we're" lucky in this instance unless you happened to be walking across Highway 169 the other night when a car doing about 110 mph's rolled by right in front of you...

"You"personally might not think that 'you' were lucky or unlucky in the sense that you were 350 miles away when the chase took place. I'll tell you this though....10:30pm on 169 is not a deserted area. He's EXTREMELY lucky that his dumba$$ didn't crash into another vehicle and cause serious bodily injury or death; or he'd have a lot more to worry about then which football team is gonna give him his next shot. That highway is not like I-29 which is straight and built for speeds in excess of 75 miles an hour. Hwy 169 is narrow, and is somewhat unpredictable in the dark, making it tough to drive more than 75 miles an hour. Fortunately the 13 mile stretch between St. Peter and Mankato is straighter than the rest of it.

I still don't know how he managed to go that fast and keep the vehicle on the road....must be the fact he had a BMW.

"You"personally might not think that 'you' were lucky or unlucky in the sense that you were 350 miles away when the chase took place. I'll tell you this though....10:30pm on 169 is not a deserted area. He's EXTREMELY lucky that his dumba$$ didn't crash into another vehicle and cause serious bodily injury or death; or he'd have a lot more to worry about then which football team is gonna give him his next shot. That highway is not like I-29 which is straight and built for speeds in excess of 75 miles an hour. Hwy 169 is narrow, and is somewhat unpredictable in the dark, making it tough to drive more than 75 miles an hour. Fortunately the 13 mile stretch between St. Peter and Mankato is straighter than the rest of it.

I still don't know how he managed to go that fast and keep the vehicle on the road....must be the fact he had a BMW.

Hey, smart aleck, I'm about 70 miles north of that area and travel down to Mankato pretty much every year the Sioux play there. I'm completely familiar with the area.

Take the Vikings players, Trailblazers, Bengals, Steelers, and heck, even throw in the 90s Cowboys and it still doesn't represent all of athletics. There are a TON of dumb people in every walk of life, but I hardly think that those people represent the entire "industry."

Maybe those Foundations are fronts. Not going to argue that, but 15% of something is better than 100% of nothing. I know it defies the purpose of a charitable foundation to only have less than a quarter of the money go to charitable causes, but athletic foundations are hardly the only ones doing that. There are many that call themselves relief charities or medical charities that use less than half of the donated money for the purposes it advertises. This is a charitable organization problem, not an athlete problem.

Take the Vikings players, Trailblazers, Bengals, Steelers, and heck, even throw in the 90s Cowboys and it still doesn't represent all of athletics. There are a TON of dumb people in every walk of life, but I hardly think that those people represent the entire "industry."

Fine, but if you throw in the 1980's Miami Hurricanes and the Brian Bosworth era Oklahoma Sooners, it DEFINITELY tilts the scales!

Hey, smart aleck, I'm about 70 miles north of that area and travel down to Mankato pretty much every year the Sioux play there. I'm completely familiar with the area.

Many apologies if my post came across as smart-a$$ish...I wasn't trying to "show you up."

I wanted to agree with Sioux 7>5...that we were lucky based on the traffic and design of that highway. I wouldn't have given you a detailed description of the road if I knew you lived in the Twin Cities area.

Many apologies if my post came across as smart-a$$ish...I wasn't trying to "show you up."

I wanted to agree with Sioux 7>5...that we were lucky based on the traffic and design of that highway. I wouldn't have given you a detailed description of the road if I knew you lived in the Twin Cities area.

OK, no problem. You are correct in that given that 169 runs basically right thru the middle of St Peter, that someone wasn't crossing the street at that time of night or had been driving someplace between there and Mankato or the results could have been a lot more disastrous for Mr. Robinson.