SiouxSports.com Forum

I spy...

PCM

*dies laughing*

DITTO!!! (knowing Dave's posts and trancendent love for everything 80's)

Oh, I got a quick story about a similar run-in. It wasn't a celebrity but we couldn't communicate just the same. I was in Windhoek, Namibia, Africa in June of 2004 and we were picking up souvenirs before flying out, and low and behold a young African had on a Sioux hat. I tried to talk to him about it, but alas I don't speak Africaan. I did tell him nice hat, pointed and told him "North Dakota". Shook the guys hand and got a martian look, but a smile and thank you nonetheless.

Anyways, random story for I Spy.

Jordache jeans? Never worn them. I wear Levi's exclusively. I don't own a Van Halen shirt, but I do own a handful of other rock shirts.

Rock shirts and Levi's = good fashion.

Baggy pants and hats flipped sideways = ridiculous fashion.

Kajagoogoo shirts weren't good fashion in the 80's and certainly aren't 20 years later.

I can guarantee that Chris Brown knows all about the Sioux nicknam flap.

So you guys are like close personal friends? :lol:

Rappers are all about free speech and I'm sure he was making a statement. I think we should get the Sioux Boosters to send one to 50 Cent and Eminem!!

Yeah. I'm sure that'd generate some real positive publicity for the cause.

For the record, I am proud to say that I have no idea whatsoever who Chris Brown is.

Until yesterday, neither did I. And all I know about him now is that he won two BET awards and wore a Sioux hat when he accpeted them.

Perhaps not, but Kiss, Motley Crue, and Led Zeppelin shirts are. Although "Too Shy" is one of my favorite one-hit wonders, I wouldn't wear a Kajagoogoo shirt.

Why not? Look at the way they show off your guns. :lol:

That's hilarious, considering the fact that my guns (to use the word very loosely) are far from impressive. I'm very thin, with a build like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

:lol:

He is, I had him in a headlock at a kids' hockey game once. I have no control over my anger at sporting events.....

;)

Just ask PCM....."Don't make me climb over the glass again!!!!!!"

Just ask PCM....."Don't make me climb over the glass again!!!!!!"

I also learned not to sit within punching distance of Hockey Mom, which basically means that I can't go in the Ralph when she's there. :lol:

That's hilarious, considering the fact that my guns (to use the word very loosely) are far from impressive. I'm very thin, with a build like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

Now all you have to do is break out your spandex pants, huge wax lips and 10' long scarves for your microphone. ;)