SiouxSports.com Forum

Sad News

CDog

Sorry to have to report this, but a good friend to many of us and a great friend to Fighting Sioux Athletics, Jeff Anderson, died yesterday. "Jeff-Jeff" as he was known to most, worked for a long time at the Old Ralph and was very close to many of the coaches, players, and fans of UND. A true character. He will be missed.

Sorry to have to report this, but a good friend to many of us and a great friend to Fighting Sioux Athletics, Jeff Anderson, died yesterday. "Jeff-Jeff" as he was known to most, worked for a long time at the Old Ralph and was very close to many of the coaches, players, and fans of UND. A true character. He will be missed.

I had the privilage of knowing Jeff as well...he will be missed.

I met JeffJeff more than 30 years ago. He was a remarkable person. I believe he has left a legacy to Fighting Sioux athletes through a scholarship fund which bears his name. Makes me recall the adage "from tiny acorns mighty oaks grow." A lesson for all of us. Rest in Peace.

Wow, what a wonderful eulogy! I hope he's up there smiling and nodding at all the great things people remember and are saying about him.

Jeff-Jeff was not only a great UND hockey fan but a great UND fan. He not only remembered the FB and hockey stars but he remembered those who were not necessarily stars. If you were part of UND athletics, he made you feel you were a star. He also remembered who you were years later. He may have had some disabilities, but when it came to remembering names and treating others how we should all be treated, he was a genius.

During college I worked as a server at Highway Host, where Jeff and his dad Earl and some other guys would have coffee every afternoon. I always looked forward to seeing them and Jeff-Jeff's big smile. I know it was hard on him when his dad died, at least now they are reunited. Jeff-Jeff, you will be missed.