SiouxSports.com Forum

Get well soon, Hale

tony

I just read in the Fargo paper that UNC hockey player David Hale is in the hospital. It doesn't seem right that a healthy young guy like that should be in the hospital in the first place. I hope for a speedy and full recovery - hopefully he's on his way back to Grand Forks before anybody reads this.

What's the scoop on this?

PCM - In your piece on the Hale brothers there was a reference to David Hale having some sort of stomach (??) disorder. Does this make him for succeptable to illness? Thanks.

Regardless - I'll add my get will soon wishes to David.

Edit - It's a Kidney disorder - sorry. Could this affect his overall health? Make him more succeptable to or magnify the effects of a flu? Thanks.

tony, you're right, it just doesn't seem right that a young guy, strong as a bull, and the 22nd pick overall (not 22nd round, 22nd pick of the first round) in the NHL draft a couple of years back, should have health problems like this.

I knew it wasn't a good thing when I heard during the Friday game broadcast that David had been given IV fluids.

Get well, David. Worry about the rest after that.

I know I speak for all the SCSU fans when I say get well soon. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery! You are a great hockey player and after the way you man handled Malone you are obviously going to be a great NHL player in the future. God Bless!

Well, this is very good news. I hope David makes a full recovery very soon and can beat this problem.

I've been wanting to ask this for awhile and thought this might be the right time -- does anyone know if Mary Beth Blais doing okay since the scare a couple years ago? I've almost been too afraid to ask since I don't know the answer, but hopefully, this is one of those cases where no news is good news.

Thanks.

I would be very surprised if Hale played this weekend. Hopefully he can rest up and be ready for the Denver series. Besides playing Tech at home, there should be no reason not to gain 4 pts. even with Marvin in there.

It will be important to have the Schneider/Hale tandem back playing together for the Denver series. That will be an important road test to get some points out there and help erase some of the CC disappointment.

I would think Hale won't play this weekend. However, it wouldn't surprise me, since they are playing at home and he can be inserted into the lineup if he got a few shifts on Saturday, if he's feeling well. It might be good for him to get a little game action, so he isn't out of a game for a full 3 weeks between games.