SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the Sioux never seem to get blown out on the road (except the exhibitions against IU and Purdue), they seem to always find a way to lose. It's a little frustrating.

I wonder what the deal was with Little last night? He didn't start, and played just 16 minutes, although he managed to score 18 points in such a short period of time.

I wonder what the deal was with Little last night? He didn't start, and played just 16 minutes, although he managed to score 18 points in such a short period of time.

Swyg said during tonight's game that Little didn't play at all in the first half against Western Oregon. I wonder if he was benched for some reason? Disciplinary?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I recall correctly, UND was close to signing Jerry Bennett last spring, but he eventually signed with UNO due to the coaching uncertainty at UND at the time. Based on last night's game and his season statistics, I think it's safe to say that him not signing with the Sioux turned out to be for the best. That scholarship was presumably used to sign Emmanuel Little, who is a vastly superior player.

If I recall correctly, UND was close to signing Jerry Bennett last spring, but he eventually signed with UNO due to the coaching uncertainty at UND at the time. Based on last night's game and his season statistics, I think it's safe to say that him not signing with the Sioux turned out to be for the best. That scholarship was presumably used to sign Emmanuel Little, who is a vastly superior player.

You are correct - we were trying to land Bennett. I don't know that we got Little because Bennett didn't join us but you could very well be correct!

You are correct - we were trying to land Bennett. I don't know that we got Little because Bennett didn't join us but you could very well be correct!

Just curious, was Bennett seen as a guy who would step in and potentially start for UND, or was he seen as more of a role player? Personally, I think he's a less athletic version of Gutter. I would take Gutter over him any day.

Just curious, was Bennett seen as a guy who would step in and potentially start for UND, or was he seen as more of a role player? Personally, I think he's a less athletic version of Gutter. I would take Gutter over him any day.

He would've competed for the spot- no guarantees. It's really a curious thing as to why UNO even signed Bennett. He is a banger who plays on a team that runs him out of the high post. They don't utilize him on the block at all, and he was recruited by UND because he was a back-to-the-basket player. He isn't utiized at all in their system.

Another tough for for the men, they compete hard til the very end and never seem to quit, I like what Coach Jones and his staff has brought out of these guys...

1 point game last nite with a minute or so to play....Just need to get over the HUMP.... Really think these guys could do some damage at the NCC Tourney...

Also looking ahead...Wait til next YEAR..!

What makes this win all the more impressive and improbable is that it was done not only without Doyle, who's out for the season, but also without Youmans, who didn't make the trip (apparently for disciplinary reasons). Bledsoe was really the only true guard playing for the Sioux tonight, and had to play 34 minutes.