SiouxSports.com Forum

Jones is the new coach!

teamsioux

I few day's ago I really thought they should bring in somemore people, but after talking with a friend who has talked with two very good Div 1 head coaches they told him that Coach Jones was the real deal and would do great job. I wish coach Jones the best of luck and welcome to the SIOUX.

GOOD LUCK COACH!!!

:)

I'm leaving work....going home and put on my UND Letterwinner's jacket, my 100 Years of Men's BB hat, my 1977 conference/reginal championship ring, and pull out my old bb team photos...and have a good pity party!

When that's over I'm going to start thinking of ways I can help Brain Jones bring success and glory to the men's bb team. I will not hold the seriously flawed process (at best) against him. I will, however, express my thoughts on the process to those responsible.

Go Sioux!

I think it's a great hire. He was my choice from the start. He coached with Alford at a big time BB school. Alford played for Knight at a tradition rich school, Indiana. I like the connections this guy can bring to UND. It will be fun just to see how different UND will be. Such as half court game, different defenses, different coaching styles. This change will be good. Best of luck coach Jones.

After reading those posts it makes me feel even better about his hire. It looks like he is a respected coach and just as importantly he would appear to be a person of high character. Can't wait for next year.

Had forgotten about all the existing Iowa --> UND ties: Fitch, Rodgers, Gunther. Not bad company. :)

So does this mean that there's a decent chance Bledsoe could actually be ready to go for next year, or is Jones just engaging in wishful thinking?:

Jones said one key to a successful 2006-07 season will be the health of 6-foot-8 Tyler Koenig and point guard Travis Bledsoe.

Koenig is a Division I transfer who was supposed to be UND's inside scoring threat last season. However, he sat out with a knee injury. Bledsoe was a redshirt freshman last season but injured his knee late in the year.

The 5-foot-10 former Minneapolis DeLaSalle player impressed teammates and coaches during practices last season. Bledsoe is expected to play one of the guard positions next season.

"If those two players can get healthy, it will be a big key for us," Jones said.