SiouxSports.com Forum

HERE HE IS! UND's unofficial Ambassador at Rutgers!

SiouxMeNow

I don't know why SiouxMeNow would do such a terrible thing by adding 35 pounds to my picture! This may seriously hurt my modeling career. I may have to sue for millions.

The reason I look cold is because it was the coldest,rainy Spring football game I can remember and I have been going to them since the early 80's.

The number 18 jersey is Tim Skarperud's from the last game at the old Engelstad arena. One of the very,very nice fans I have been in contact with over siouxsports.com sent it to me. It was a wonderful gesture by her and very much appreciated. She might not want me to mention her name, but every time somebody asks me if it is a Chicago Black Hawks Saint Patrick's Day jersey I tell them it is for the SEVEN-TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

I don't know why SiouxMeNow would do such a terrible thing by adding 35 pounds to my picture! This may seriously hurt my modeling career. I may have to sue for millions.

The reason I look cold is because it was the coldest,rainy Spring football game I can remember and I have been going to them since the early 80's.

The number 18 jersey is Tim Skarperud's from the last game at the old Engelstad arena. One of the very,very nice fans I have been in contact with over siouxsports.com sent it to me. It was a wonderful gesture by her and very much appreciated. She might not want me to mention her name, but every time somebody asks me if it is a Chicago Black Hawks Saint Patrick's Day jersey I tell them it is for the SEVEN-TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GEEZ Jf&R!! I told you I wanted to post the wide angle photo to show more of Rutgers cool FB stadium...yes, it did "ADD" a little bit but you know how jerseys hide things! FORTUNATELY I also have a pic of JF&R WITHOUT his jersey...and I won't answer any more questions about that :love::D

buffbob.jpg

I had forgotten they'd worn that jersey as a throwback. I was wondering where one could get one, you lucky dog!

Good for you, Jfr!

Best $150 I ever spent to get Palmoscno's. Everyone and their grandma wants a Blackhawk Sioux jersey. I wish I knew somebody who'd just send me one though. If anyone is interested, I would like a green one. Thanks! :D

Hello Sprig/Diggler,

Doesn't the team play one series a year using an old jersey? Maybe they will have the blackhawk next season. I saw an old jersey in one of the Sioux hockey books that a Sioux fan sent me that showed President Reagan and a Sioux jersey with North and then the blackhawk and then Dakota on the bottom. It looked great, in fact the only one I have seen that looked kind of bad were those shiny ones with the computer-look logo.

Hey, I LIKE the geometric logo jersey! (I have a green one)

They do wear throwback jerseys each year (at least in recent years) but they have not been of the Blackhawk variety. As you can see you have a little different version than that worn through the 80's.

I think this was a pretty special deal. Because the Blackhawk logo is often perceived to be controversial, I think UND stays away from using that jersey as a throwback. My guess would be that for the last game in the Old Ralph, it was worth the risk of using a logo that had been seen in that building for most of it's life.

My guess would be that for the last game in the Old Ralph, it was worth the risk of using a logo that had been seen in that building for most of it's life.

Had no idea they had brought back the Blackhawk for the last game at the hold barn. Don't suppose they sold replicas in the book store, did they?

Had no idea they had brought back the Blackhawk for the last game at the hold barn. Don't suppose they sold replicas in the book store, did they?

I only vaguely seem to remember some talk about it happening for that game, so maybe I'm wrong. I wasn't there myself.

It's my understanding that the Blackhawk logo had to be retired because Chicago was threatening a lawsuit; copyright infringement. That's another reason we won't be seeing any Blackhawk throwback jersey.

But, I've been wrong before. :0

I will out myself as the Sioux fan who presented JFR with this jersey.

I bought it in the Sioux Shop at the new Ralph, maybe the first week it was open. It had been worn by Tim Skarperud in a retro-tribute at the last game played at the old Ralph circa late Sept-early Oct. 2001 and right before the opening game at the new Ralph with the Gophers. The last game at the old Ralph was very emotional for me for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was that I sang the national anthem for the first time since 9/11 (more accurately, I SOBBED my way through the national anthem). Skarpy went on to have the best season of his career that year, if memory serves, and although I don't know him personally, those who do have attested to his great character on and off ice. Wear #18 in continued good health, JFR!