SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa?

KEH

Not really. 1) One school will have a scholarship advantage and be at home. 2) It'll only be one game. 3) UNI isn't an "average" IAA program.

Finally, someone who understands what the Sioux are up against.

Some of you guys may want to go over and read posts on Panter Nation to get a feel for what's going on over in Purpleville. There is a guy over there that has really tried to make some strong points for UND and for D2 teams in general and he has been pounded mercifully, and he's a Panther guy from what I can tell and makes some good points, but he effrots fall on deaf ears.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think UND was in much better position to give UNI a game last year than this. Don't get me wrong, I think the Sioux could end up being pretty good, but it will take a while for the defense to come around having lost such veterans as Digger Anderson, Danny Gagner, etc.

I swear to god I thought this thread was about the UND vs UNI game. Finally someone who wants to talk about that game. Thanks tnt!

The only problem is that UND's team from last year is not play this year and UNI is better this year than last year. UNI's O-Line is huge and experienced. Their QB is wily and RB is coming back. Their defensive unit will have a few new starters, but will have an in-state road game against Drake to get the butterflies out.

Good luck to the Sioux, but I think this is about a 56-17 game.

According to this guy Northern Iowa should have an easy victory over UND. I think they are probably in for a bigger battle then that. I think it depends on UND's ability to move the football, if they can keep UNI honest by completing some passes, they'll take them close into the 4th quarter.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c...oint_051306.htm

Bison Pride,

After everything I've read about the UND-UNI game, there is only one guy that seems to think this could happen. And like tnt, I think UND has lost too much on defense to keep up with a high-octain offense like UNI's. The Panther defense has a few new guys and will have someting to prove to their Gateway mates that have put the target on their back this year.

Plus, with a game at ISU two weeks later there is no way that the UNI coaching staff is going to let a former NCC member and current D2 team come into the UNI-Dome and get a win that would do major damage to the Panther play-off chances. Think about it, a loss to a D2 and a D1 team, they would have to run the table in the Gateway more than likely or not make the play-offs.

Three Panthers earn All-America honors

Senior placekicker Brian Wingert (Cedar Falls, Iowa) earned second-team status, while junior quarterback Eric Sanders (Oelwein, Iowa) and senior cornerback Dre Dokes (Springfield, Mo.) tallied third-team honors.

As a Panther fan, I can honestly tell you that I'm looking forward to the UNI/UND game this fall. I have heard much about the Sioux, but look forward to seeing what they are all about. How many fans will make the trip to Cedar Falls?

• 1 month later...