SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford signs!

BB9

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, this Schlossman guy has all the breaking news. I can't believe he's still with the herald after all the stories he breaks. Thank god all of us have him, otherwise we would never believe when a player has signed. I know I go to bed each night praying and thanking that Schlossman is a reporter covering the Sioux. Without him and his the link to his articles, I'd never know what to believe. Whoever posted the link, thanks, I can rest easier today because I didn't believe this on Friday when it was posted that he was signing. The link is my ultimate savior.

Oh wait, scratch that, I'll just rely on some people on this board who know people and who aren't afraid to post their information even if they are new. Thanks anyway, Schlossman and the link poster. Sorry for the confusion.

(I'm still waiting for the day that Schlossman decides to pick a sweep some time for two closely matched-up teams when making his picks each week whether it be the home or road team.)

Yeah. We wouldn't want him to make a pick on what he actually thinks, just what you want him to think.

So every weekend series between evenly matched teams is going to be a split? Go out on a limb and add some credibility and pick a sweep once in a while....it does happen. I don't call it picking teams that he thinks or that I want him to think; I call it taking the easy road on his part and being afraid to be wrong because you might get criticized. We are all too fragile and can never be criticized....that's what they teach us in school now-a-days....we are all special and anything contradicting that will just destroy our psyche.

It's kind of like that whole believing when a player signs stuff. You wouldn't want to go out on a limb and believe that someone might have info every once in a while; info that you or I might not know. God forbid someone knows more than you or I do. We all have to wait for the almighty "link" to the story. Again, let's not always take the easy road.

But I guess they do say denial is always the first stage of acceptance. Maybe that's part of the fellow Sioux fan's grieving process.....deny any first report of a player leaving. Could there be a 10-step program for college hockey fans related to their favorite player's leaving school early? Hmm...interesting.

It's kind of like that whole believing when a player signs stuff. You wouldn't want to go out on a limb and believe that someone might have info every once in a while. We all have to wait for the almight "link" to the story. Again, let's not always take the easy road.

While the "link?, link?, link?" stereotype is comical and based in truth, I just reread gordwiser's post and the immediate reaction, and its responses and thought they were very reasonable (at least for the page or so that it stayed on topic). Belief in a future event is a sliding scale: A trustworthy source revealing intent goes a long way, confirmation from multiple sources confirming that intent pushes it closer toward certainty, but it's never really true until the contract is signed.

Best of luck, Drew. We appreciate the time you spent at UND.

So every weekend series between evenly matched teams is going to be a split?

Aren't you being a bit anal about this? It's Schlossman's opinion. Let him pick the way he wants to pick. If he's wrong, he's wrong. Who cares about this issue besides you? Give it a rest already. :lol:

Aren't you being a bit anal about this? It's Schlossman's opinion. Let him pick the way he wants to pick. If he's wrong, he's wrong. Who cares about this issue besides you? Give it a rest already. :lol:

Giving it a rest already would seem to imply that I brought up the topic before which I have not. I've heard others make the comment though in the past so it seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Maybe the new WCHA reporter for USCHO will go out on a limb because Mislewski seemed to do the same thing. Always the easy road....gotta love it. It's what our nation is now based on.

Giving it a rest already would seem to imply that I brought up the topic before which I have not. I've heard others make the comment though in the past so it seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Maybe the new WCHA reporter for USCHO will go out on a limb because Mislewski seemed to do the same thing. Always the easy road....gotta love it. It's what our nation is now based on.

The story is already on TSN today too. Best of luck Drew.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=164738&hubname=

Giving it a rest already would seem to imply that I brought up the topic before which I have not.

I was referring to your last two posts before this one, both of which ragged on Schlossman for not picking series the way you think he should pick them.

But I guess they do say denial is always the first stage of acceptance. Maybe that's part of the fellow Sioux fan's grieving process.....deny any first report of a player leaving. Could there be a 10-step program for college hockey fans related to their favorite player's leaving school early? Hmm...interesting.

Denial isn't that a river in Egypt?

Our nation is based on sportswriters not picking hockey teams to split a series? :lol:

No, not what I said. As a reporter you should know not to take what a person says out of context. Oh wait, sorry, reporters do that a lot.

If you would have read what I said, the sentence immediately preceeding the point I made about what our nation is now based on was "Always the easy road....gotta love it. It's what our nation is now based on." So if you would have taken it in the context in which it was written, you would realize that I was referring to people having a tendency to take the easy road. But I do appreciate you so conveniently picking out the sentence before that one and trying to imply that was what my point was referring to.

Actually, you did prove my point. You read what you wanted to read and picked out what you wanted to so you could try and make your point.....kind of like taking the easy road instead of thinking about what context in which it was said. :lol:

Back on topic: good luck Drew. Thanks for three exciting years in green. You'll have a wonderful NHL career and do promise to bring Lord Stanley's cup to GF for a visit when it's your turn.