SiouxSports.com Forum

The Hales

kr

PCM -- nice piece (but then you had good material to work with too).

Thanks, kr. I had always heard good things about Ryan and David, but beyond an occasional post-game interview, I'd never really met them. You're certainly right about having good material to work with.

Good point, guys.

You know, I said these guys are a tribute to the Sioux program. Really, I should just commend them on being good young men.

I'm curious if anyone else found D Hale's comment about coming back next year NOT being his decision to be interesting in any way? Does he look for that guidance from Ryan? Does he feel obligated to the team in some way?

Just curious if anyone else has thoughts.

Nice story, PCM. Now the Sioux need to win an NCCA title for (and with) the Hales.

Nice to be back (from AZ) to ice and hockey. Had no idea what went on last weekend until today. Brutally hot down there also; the cold feels good :0

Great article. I'm sure most Sioux fans have had an opportunity to meet some hockey players over the years and probably have a "favorite". If you ever have an opportunity to say hi to Ryan....don't pass it up. Spend a few minutes talking to him. I don't think I've ever met a nicer person than Ryan Hale.

I'm curious if anyone else found D Hale's comment about coming back next year NOT being his decision to be interesting in any way? Does he look for that guidance from Ryan? Does he feel obligated to the team in some way?

We talked about that subject more than what is covered in the article. Both Ryan and David agreed that it's every player's dream to play in the NHL and that when the opportunity presents itself, the best thing to do is to go for it.

Both of them are strongly committed to winning a national championship. A couple times they said if not this year, next year.

When I asked if they'd like to play together next season, Ryan said: "I

As hockey fans, we think we know strong and tough. That, ladies and gentlemen, is strong and tough.

Damn right.

Given the choice between a loved one with breast cancer or getting blasted in the corners by Mike Commodore, I'll take Commodore.

College, plus college hockey, requires 100% focus to succeed at the level these guys play at. Its amazing they were able to stay in the game at all.

And its good to have them both full strength.

Nice article PCM. If Virg ever retires ...I'll vote for you.