SiouxSports.com Forum

The real Champions

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your team lost.... deal with it and GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Just beacause your favorite team (The gophers) didn't make it into the frozen four doesn't mean you have to bug the real Champions (The Fighting Sioux) fans. I mean why dont you get over your self. :)

I don't know where this guy is from. Why is it always assumed that any flammer on this board is a Gopher fan? :)

Because all Gopher fans are devil worshipping psychos as they are the opposite of Sioux fans. As Slap Shot admits all Sioux fans wear halos. Ergo being that Gopher fans are the opposite, they must be flesh eating, baby killing Satanists. It's only logical and it's a scientifically proven fact. :D

DLW4GOPHERS- Though I like Diggler's reply, I wouldn't take 'Prpichrocks_19' too seriously. After all, the poster allegedly 'threw down' because someone told 'her' that Mike Prpich died the other day. :)

In 'Prpichrocks_19's defense, 99 percent of those posters who come here to troll are, or claim to be, Gopher fans. So it's not all that unlikely that deedub would be considered to be a Gopher fan the first time he posts something brash and tactless.

On the other hand, if I went off the first time I ever heard a sensational piece of news such as a player dying without checking to see if the information recieved was serious.... I'd probably be in prison or at least a mental institution. I mean, it's not like I've never come across people who've lied to me in the past or tried to get a rise out of me before.

Just let it roll off your back, DLW.

The Sioux are our champions, far exceeding any expectations. Winning the National Championship requires excellent play and puck luck. We didnt do it. Next year.

The Sioux were as talented as any team in the country this year. They were young yes, but who isn't. BC and Minnesota were young also.

I find it hilarious that when the gophers finish short of the national title all the Sioux fans say they choked and underachieved. But last year and this year EVERY sioux fan talks about how great it is that the sioux made it as far as they did. Being young can no longer be an excuse. Having great seniors on your team will never happen again. Players will leave early EVERY year, therefore the best players will be underclassmen. This sioux team was good enough to win it all and they had home ice for the regional. Why have Sioux fans expectations been lowered? You're a top notch program and being young is now the norm, not the exception.

It's time to lose the "we're young" arguement.

The Sioux were as talented as any team in the country this year. They were young yes, but who isn't. BC and Minnesota were young also.

I find it hilarious that when the gophers finish short of the national title all the Sioux fans say they choked and underachieved. But last year and this year EVERY sioux fan talks about how great it is that the sioux made it as far as they did. Being young can no longer be an excuse. Having great seniors on your team will never happen again. Players will leave early EVERY year, therefore the best players will be underclassmen. This sioux team was good enough to win it all and they had home ice for the regional. Why have Sioux fans expectations been lowered? You're a top notch program and being young is now the norm, not the exception.

Losing 3 straight games in tournament play, when your team was heavily favored in 2 of the losses, is why people think that UMTC underachieved this year.

You are right, for this season UND belonged in a group of the top teams that included UMTC, Wisconsin and BC along with possibly a couple of others. Three teams from that list ended up in the Frozen Four. All of these programs will be near the top in most years. But there is a difference between freshmen and other underclassmen. If you are "expecting" to win a National Title or even reach the Frozen Four when half your team is made up of freshmen you are being unrealistic. They are great goals, and could happen (see UND and BC), but reaching those goals should still be considered exceeding expectations.

In 'Prpichrocks_19's defense, 99 percent of those posters who come here to troll are, or claim to be, Gopher fans. So it's not all that unlikely that deedub would be considered to be a Gopher fan the first time he posts something brash and tactless.

So, the NDSU fans and the handful of UMD Fans, UNO Fans, WSU fans and myself only one percent of the Trollers around here?? :):D;)

;)

This is a dumb thread. The Sioux are clearly not the "real Champions" because there wasn't a "real" NCAA tournament. The Sioux made a great run, but the Badgers were clearly the best team in the country throughout the entire year. The Sioux lost, cry about it and wait until next season.

I hope Hak and the boys are furious with two losses in the Frozen Four over two years. I expect one of the greatest Sioux seasons ever in 2006-2007 with number 8 coming to GF.

Your team lost.... deal with it and GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Just beacause your favorite team (The gophers) didn't make it into the frozen four doesn't mean you have to bug the real Champions (The Fighting Sioux) fans. I mean why dont you get over your self. :)

I don't think any of us said they choked and underachieved just because they didn't win a National Title. They choked and underachieved because they lost to St. Cloud, Wisconsin(that one isn't bad at all considering they are national champions), and then HOLY CROSS! 3 games in a row at the end of the year is choking. If you are a 2 team against a 15 team, and you lose, you choked. I don't know how else you can put it. As far as in the Frozen Four, I don't think it's possible to choke. Every team there is good and it's usually a toss-up.

So, the NDSU fans and the handful of UMD Fans, UNO Fans, WSU fans and myself only one percent of the Trollers around here?? :):D;)

:lol:

I said 'troll' not 'droll.' If I meant droll, then you'd have a corner market in that regard along with Diggler and several others. ;)

As much as I hate "link-whoring," I have to because I am at a real quandry with what to do with Dave Hakstol. Should I hate him or not? Seriously, the inconsistent level of play of such a talented team just drives me absolutely f***ing crazy.

:):D are you fkn kidding me..what a joke..............

he has been a head coach 2 years, has 2 frozen 4's and 1 title game loss and 1 broadmor trophy..yeah, what do we do with this crappy coach ;)

As much as I hate "link-whoring," I have to because I am at a real quandry with what to do with Dave Hakstol. Should I hate him or not? Seriously, the inconsistent level of play of such a talented team just drives me absolutely f***ing crazy.

Like AZSioux said, making the Frozen Four two years in a row, runner up once, Broadmoor once, and getting great recruits on his recruiting trips.... I think we should fire him. Seriously! I mean, the Sioux can't hold a candle to the Gophers, Badgers, or even Michigan Tech! I mean. Only TWO Frozen Fours in his two years of coaching? Hakstol should have had two national championships, two McNaughtons, two Broadmoors, and two Penrose trophies. Not to mention coaching two Hobey Baker award winners, two WCHA Rookie of the Years, the entire first team All American, All USCHO, All INCH and All WCHA teams should have been all UND players for the past two years.

So yeah, fire him. :)

That is a dumb blog. Since when are we scratching our heads? I think Hakstol is one of the best coaches in the country, and his staff is amazing.

I guess Ryan Bakken is right.

In other words, it wasn't that long ago that if someone said "blogger," I would have adjusted my hearing aide. And when I did learn the word's meaning, my image was of some nerd-bomber with blankets taped over his windows to block out the sun and a head full of conspiracy theories.

I have since learned that some bloggers are normal people. Not many, but some. Like me.

Blogging requires being highly opinionated, without the inconvenience of accumulating evidence to validate your opinions, as is required with my real job. And it requires short, random observances. I have perfected short and random.

Mostly, it requires being skilled at spreading B.S.