SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Hockey Tee Shirts

UNDLover

I heard that UND Hockey fans are purchasing "Holy Cross Hockey" tee shirts (Sioux Crew?) from the Holy Cross book store to wear during games vs. Minnesota next year - I called and ordered one today.

I can't wait to rub in the Gophers loss to Holy Cross.

Whoever started this fashion trend deserves a lot of credit.

I am all for it!

I heard that UND Hockey fans are purchasing "Holy Cross Hockey" tee shirts (Sioux Crew?) from the Holy Cross book store to wear during games vs. Minnesota next year - I called and ordered one today.

I can't wait to rub in the Gophers lost to a Holy Cross.

Whoever started this fashion trend deserves a lot of credit.

I am all for it!

I am not a Sioux Crew member, nor do I live in Grand Forks. . . however, I received my Holy Cross Hockey t-shirts by UPS today and they are SWEET! I will be sporting one UNDER my Sioux apparel tomorrow while watching the Sioux beat BC, unfortunately I will be at home and not in Milwaukee!

Well looks like we might as well get some BC shirts made too. Its so easy for everyone to rip on the gophers, but lucky for the sioux parise put the team on his back and helped them beat mankato which was a play in series because the sioux couldnt put together a good enough regular season to guarantee themselves a spot in the Final 5. The sioux could have very well not even been there. Parise's show ended today, and i dont really think it was all UND's falt because their offense was strong but it was match by the play of BC's goaltender.

Well looks like we might as well get some BC shirts made too. Its so easy for everyone to rip on the gophers, but lucky for the sioux parise put the team on his back and helped them beat mankato which was a play in series because the sioux couldnt put together a good enough regular season to guarantee themselves a spot in the Final 5. The sioux could have very well not even been there. Parise's show ended today, and i dont really think it was all UND's falt because their offense was strong but it was match by the play of BC's goaltender.

No one can guarantee a trip to the Final 5 during the regular season. UND played well enough during the regular season (4th place) to be at home for the first round of the playoffs (against Mankato). All first round series in the WCHA playoffs are play-ins to get to the Final 5.

I think that there is a big difference between losing to Holy Cross in the first round of the NC$$ tournament and losing to BC in the Frozen Four. UND lost today because they made mistakes in their own end and BC took advantage of those mistakes. BC has a long tradition of success in hockey and UND-BC has developed into a major rivalry in the tournament. This was their (BC's) year to win. But UND played hard throughout the game and didn't give up until the final horn blew.

Ya know... I'm sorry, but I have to say that's just petty and immature. I'll wear a Sioux shirt, not Holy Cross.

Now, off the soapbox. End of lecture.

How is it petty and immature? I think we all turned into Holy Cross fans when they beat the Gophers. They came out and showed the world that they know how to play good hockey, even after being Division I for only like 10 years. Also, they have no scholarships or drafted players. I think that's pretty impressive. This is just showing our support for the Crusaders and their hockey and sports programs; A lot more Sioux fans will be tracking them to see how they're doing... I just think it's funny that it's the Gophers that they beat.

Yeah, it would really help out the newer smaller schools if some fans from the larger, more established schools would take an interest in following the newbies. Hell, if only a couple of people from ND buy a HC tshirt, it helps them out a lot by putting money back into their program, hopefully getting them closer to getting even or even turning a profit even. Heck, with enough interest, UND might even have HC come to the Ralph to play a series as well, and show them guys another good time. Thats whats going to really help College Hockey to expand. So, I don't really see the problem if a couple of people here become casual HC fans just because they managed to beat Minnesota, if its only mostly to mock the Goofers.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it is that immature. Their win against Minn. is only part of the reason I am going to buy a Holy Cross T-shirt, heck, I was given a gopher jersey earlier today and I am not sure what to do with it but I sure am not going to throw it away! Holly Cross is, if I am not mistaken, a Catholic school and I am Catholic. They have a cool nickname in the Crusaders. Also they are not a very well known school (at least as far as I know-maybe in B-ball or something they are better known). They are a D-1AA football school, now I have a team to cheer for at that level. Go Crusaders!!!!!! Go Sioux!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it is that immature. Their win against Minn. is only part of the reason I am going to buy a Holy Cross T-shirt, heck, I was given a gopher jersey earlier today and I am not sure what to do with it but I sure am not going to throw it away! Holly Cross is, if I am not mistaken, a Catholic school and I am Catholic. They have a cool nickname in the Crusaders. Also they are not a very well known school (at least as far as I know-maybe in B-ball or something they are better known). They are a D-1AA football school, now I have a team to cheer for at that level. Go Crusaders!!!!!! Go Sioux!!!!!!

I got my Holy Cross T-shirt the other day. It is very cool! I got the all purple one that says "Holy Cross Crusaders" on the front along with the logo.

I wonder how much Holy Cross gear has been bought by UND fans?

Go Holy Cross Crusaders! (Fighting Sioux are on the signature)

Gopher envy?:love::D

You guys are taking this whole Holy Cross loss way too seriously I think. I mean yeah the loss stung but I think by next year it will be time to move on and most people will have pretty much forgotten about it, it's something that us Gopher fans will always remember but by next season I think most fans would get more of a chuckle out of seeing you guys in bible thumper jerseys then take it personally.

But whatever floats you're boat I guess. :lol:

I guess I don't see why buying something with Holy Cross Hockey on it is immature.

Rivalries are fun, and year to year things go back and forth. I recall a Bison fan losing a $5 bet a few years back on Sioux/Bison game day, and putting $5 worth of nickels in a small chunk of concrete. Both sides laughed, and life went on. I've had my Sioux flag stolen out of my yard by a rival team's fan. And I've put my Sioux flag up on someone else's house, for the sole reason that they hate the Sioux.

I'll be wearing my bright purple HC practice jersey in downtown Minneapolis in mid-June. :D I'm hoping for some jeers, and it will be a great reason to talk hockey. Yeah, it may sting a bit to a Gopher fan, to see someone wearing something that says HC, but it stung a bit to be in a suite with some Gopher fans when they swept us in the Ralph this year too.

I guess the bottom line is.....make sure you can take it, if you're going to dish it out (because eventually you are going to lose)........and I think I can handle that. :love:

I guess I don't see why buying something with Holy Cross Hockey on it is immature.

Rivalries are fun, and year to year things go back and forth. I recall a Bison fan losing a $5 bet a few years back on Sioux/Bison game day, and putting $5 worth of nickels in a small chunk of concrete. Both sides laughed, and life went on. I've had my Sioux flag stolen out of my yard by a rival team's fan. And I've put my Sioux flag up on someone else's house, for the sole reason that they hate the Sioux.

I'll be wearing my bright purple HC practice jersey in downtown Minneapolis in mid-June. :D I'm hoping for some jeers, and it will be a great reason to talk hockey. Yeah, it may sting a bit to a Gopher fan, to see someone wearing something that says HC, but it stung a bit to be in a suite with some Gopher fans when they swept us in the Ralph this year too.

I guess the bottom line is.....make sure you can take it, if you're going to dish it out (because eventually you are going to lose)........and I think I can handle that. :love:

I am not saying you are immature for wearing it, but I just don't think you are going to get the effect from Gopher fans that you are looking for. I think we'll get a bigger laugh out of seeing Sioux fans in Holy Cross jerseys then you think, but like I said, thats just me. Don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to start some big flame-fest here I am just stating my opinion.

I totally agree with you're last sentence though, every college hockey fan should be forced to read that, words to live by in the college hockey world.

I totally agree with you're last sentence though, every college hockey fan should be forced to read that, words to live by in the college hockey world.

The world would be a lot better place if everyone could laugh at themselves once in a while.

I get a chuckle out of the idea that if UND would have lost to Holy Cross, Gopher fans would be content to simply forget about it. :D

Oh I'm sure there would be plenty of Gopher fans that would have fun with it, hell another riot may have even started by Gopher fans up in Grand Forks if that happened. :love:

PCM, that avatar you have, is that Frazee bumping into the Sioux player? It looks like him, and when you said flea I figured it had to be. Frazee has to be the biggest baby D1 hockey player I have EVER seen, I would even take Harrington back just to get rid of Frazee.

PCM, that avatar you have, is that Frazee bumping into the Sioux player?

Yes, that's Frazee. The bump happened during the second intermission of the Saturday Gopher-Sioux game as the players were skating off the ice.

The comment "A flea hit me!" was actually made by Frank Mazzacco, so I can't take credit for it. :love:

Doug Woog also said something like: "I think Frazee should stay away from Smaby for about 20 years." :D

I am a firm believer in what comes around goes around, so while I was happy Holy Cross took Minnesota out, I wouldn't rub it in. I would be the type of person that would wear the Holy Cross T-shirt under my Sioux jersey, then when I hear some obnoxious gopher fan spouting off about Mariucci West or something of the sort, I would give them a means of coming down from their high horse.