SiouxSports.com Forum

GODER PUCK DEAD

denbo1

server issues has shut down the site...maybe the server company is a UND fan?

I heard from a Gopher fan that it has something to do with a provision in Ralph Engelstad's estate. :lol:

This warrants an entire thread? I'm glad you guys hate the Gophers so much that you take time out of your busy North Dakota lives to make Internet posts about a website being down for a couple of hours...

Sorry, just killing time until next Thursday. Though you did take time out of your busy life to read it. :lol:

This warrants an entire thread? I'm glad you guys hate the Gophers so much that you take time out of your busy North Dakota lives to make Internet posts about a website being down for a couple of hours...

And yet you took time out of your busy schedule making lattes and espressos to comment on it?

:lol:;) ahhhhh, poor gopher fan.

no it probably doesnt but its nice that you posted in it as you are on this site more than your own teams site..

im glad you will be sitting in front of the tv or wherever you will be watching the green and white play for #8 while your gutless, spineless team/coach is partying at blarneys with the new recruits. :D

They are all mourning the lose of RP.

The site being down may have had something to do with him leaving...

A TON of people visited the site yesterday afternoon wanting info on Potulny. All of a sudden the site was suspended my my provider. The message on the site is directed towards me... Saying that they sent an email to me on how to proceed. Well, I never got an email. So at 5pm yesterday afternoon I called my provider to see what was going on.

The guys there told me that since the account was suspended, the only way to fix it was to email abuse@ipower.com and wait for a response. I could not talk to anybody there about it.... That's sounds a little stragne doesn't it? So I get home and send the email to that account asking what is up. I get an auto response saying that they recieved it and will reply within 24 hours... Tick.. Tock.. Tick.. Tock..

They have not responded yet...

I have looked around on the internet for others that have had this problem with iPower and the best I can tell is that we overtaxed their server. With so many people visiting GPL at once, it started slowing down the server that GPL is on, which affects other sites on the server... So they shut it down... Until I get an email response from them, this is my best guess as to what happened.

The owner of Blarney's seized control of the web site late last night pursuant to court order after several players fell behind in making payments on their bar tabs.

At least a Sioux fan isn't being blamed for hacking into the site and making it crash. :lol:

A TON of people visited the site yesterday afternoon wanting info on Potulny. All of a sudden the site was suspended my my provider. The message on the site is directed towards me... Saying that they sent an email to me on how to proceed. Well, I never got an email. So at 5pm yesterday afternoon I called my provider to see what was going on.

The guys there told me that since the account was suspended, the only way to fix it was to email abuse@ipower.com and wait for a response. I could not talk to anybody there about it.... That's sounds a little stragne doesn't it? So I get home and send the email to that account asking what is up. I get an auto response saying that they recieved it and will reply within 24 hours... Tick.. Tock.. Tick.. Tock..

I have looked around on the internet for others that have had this problem with iPower and the best I can tell is that we overtaxed their server. With so many people visiting GPL at once, it started slowing down the server that GPL is on, which affects other sites on the server... So they shut it down... Until I get an email response from them, this is my best guess as to what happened.

Bummer, dude. I'm on that board, too. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Maybe Andy Greene got hammered and crashed his car into the webmaster's house, thus explaining the site's current techinical difficulties?!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, andy greene...good one :lol:;) who the hell is andy green genious

Jupiter, you run a good board and I appreciate visiting it from time to time. I've even tried to be a better guest, over time. :lol:

SEAAAASSSSON'S OVER......SEAAAAASSSSSSON'S OVER...........SEAAAAASSSSON'S OVER................SEAAAAAASSSSSON'S OVER

We were at Dagwoods on Fri. night after the game and a couple of guys walked in in their Goofer jerseys and a good part of the bar statrted chanting that. It was pretty funny, they took it well. One of the guys was like just give me a beer.

Seriously, with all the people looking to see what was up with RP, you probably used up all of your allocated bandwidth. I know, I am a geek. :lol: