SiouxSports.com Forum

ENGELSTAD ARENA RUMOR

hockey1

sure it makes sense, being that I'm NOT a lawyer tho, this is what I meant: if there WAS some stipulation about logo/neame/etc, there can always be an agreement with the parties involved to CHANGE the agreement, either by nulifying or modifying the agreements.

That's the point. There is NOTHING IN THE AGREEMENT that can be changed.

This is in regards to the rumors I heard about the Sioux not being able to play there if there was change...

Let me say this one more time because you've apprently read nothing that I've previously posted:

According to Kupchella and other UND officials who know, there are no provisions in the agreement about anything happening to arena in the event that UND drops the Fighting Sioux nickname.

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Do you understand now?

That's why the silly rumors you and others continually repeat are totally bogus. It's why your position continues to make absolutely no sense.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say this one more time because you've apprently read nothing that I've previously posted:

According to Kupchella and other UND officials who know, there are no provisions in the agreement about anything happening to arena in the event that UND drops the Fighting Sioux nickname.

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Do you understand now?

That's why the silly rumors you and others continually repeat are totally bogus. It's why your position continues to make absolutely no sense.

Does that mean the rumor might be true?? :lol: Okay! Only kidding!

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

SO......you're saying there's a chance!!!!! :lol:

Personally, I don't see the implosion happening no matter what happens unless there's something hidden in all that granite. The only sports facilities I can think of that were used only a few years before vacated and demolished were done so because of structural integrity concerns.

So yeah, just rumors.

EDIT: or because it was a pro team that tanked.

If Drew's bionic leg failed to detect the 5-ton shaped charge attached to the central structural support beam, yes. :lol:;)

I actually worked on the software that runs his bionic leg and there is no way it would miss the charges.

---

It is unusual for someone to build a $100M hockey arena. The idea that anyone would destroy it once built is strictly for comic relief.

Don't worry. Drew Stafford's new bionic leg is equipped with an explosive detection sensor. Drew's leg led him to all the explosives planted in Engelstad Arena and they have been disarmed by the UND police department's top-secret bomb disposal unit headed by Oliver North.

:lol: i can so picture that. wow.

What about tactical nukes? :lol:;)

The only way possible would be to sneak them in from Montana or Canada while Drew's leg is in Milwaukee. We used some technology that gives us full detection from a 500 mile radius from Drew's leg, but I guess I'm sayin' theres a chance.

I assume the rumors are completely bogus, but a lease can be breached. If they own the building they can do what they want. There would likely be damages which could be sought, but they are the owner. Just like an owner of an apartment building kicking tenants out. I don't know if there are any buy-out clauses or anything else. The university would likely seek an injuction to stop the imposition sighting irreparable damages caused by the breach. It would get pretty interesting.

Zero. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Do you understand now?

DUDE! RELAX, I was just trying to say that regardless of WHAT happens with anything, UND will play at the Ralph...didn't YOU read that? take a chill pill and call me in the AM, who pi$$ed in your coffee?

W

overpriced beer?? no way :D 6.00 for a 32 oz bomber is a hell of a deal compared to any other sporting events that sell these or even smaller beers for 10.50 ;)

Um, yea. When I go to Lambeau Field I easily donate $100 to "Beer Man."

DUDE! RELAX, I was just trying to say that regardless of WHAT happens with anything, UND will play at the Ralph...didn't YOU read that? take a chill pill and call me in the AM, who pi$$ed in your coffee?

I have a low tolerance for high density. Sorry. :lol:

Um, yea. When I go to Lambeau Field I easily donate $100 to "Beer Man."

It was a joke, folks! I wasn't comparing the cost of beer at the REA to other major sporting events. I was comparing it to the cost of beer I can buy at Happy Harry's. I thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

Edited by PCM

My cousin's sisters brother's girlfriend knows this guy and they said there's a good likelihood that Lucia will exercise the buyout clause giving him the right to change the arena name to Mariucci West.

....which invokes the clause in Ralphs estate that blows up the arena. WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! :lol:

But Bunny Rabbits, Bambi, and over political Psychology majors who oppose the name can live in harmony without hostile and abusive nicknames and frolic in the woods under rainbows.

I'm a psych major and I don't like rainbows..and I'm hostile towards bunnies, little jerk bit me as a small child..and harmony gives me indigestion.. :lol:

I just got through this thread. You guys are hilarious! Truth or Rumors day on SS.com

Sorry if this is a bad time to bring this up but there is a RUMOR I repeat RUMOR going around that Ralph has it in his trust that the Arena will be imploded if they change the Fighting Sioux nickname. I heard this from some Sioux friends of mine at the Final five and then again at the West Regionals. Has anyone else heard this rumor and no this question is not a joke.

Yah I heared this stupid rumor in my highschool from one of the dumbest kids in my class! Its proably not going to happen.

IS dumbest a word?