SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You back? I'm not interested in a battle of the minds here. You've already lost.

Got you on ignore. Go complain to a moderator.

The sioux/actual gopher poster made a personal attack, so I'm sure the moderator is all over it. ???

Sioux-cia's quote was "That game gave Sioux fans one of the best nights of hockey in REA history!!!". The best nights of hockey in REA history for Sioux fans should concern games that the Sioux won, not some game that they didn't even play in. Even without that quote, there has been too much propaganda about that game that has carried on long enough. It's time to let it go and leave it in the past where it belongs. As much as I detest NDSU, you would never catch me buying a jersey of some other team just because that team upset the Bison in a D1-AA playoff game. I understand why people were glad that Holy Cross won, and I understand giving the Gopher fans some good-natured ribbing about it at the time. But to buy Holy Cross jerseys and wear them to a Sioux/Gophers game a year later in my opinion is a bit obsessive. Why not just wear a Sioux jersey? To chant "Holy Cross, Holy Cross" during a Sioux/Gophers game is no better than chanting "Sioux suck" during a Bison/Gophers game. That's nothing personal against anybody in particular, just my opinion. And I think everybody who's been posting here for awhile knows me well enough to realize I'm not just some troll pretending as a Sioux fan.

I don't think that game alone made it one of the best nights in REA history. If I recall correctly, the Sioux came out after that game and played arguably the best game ever played by a Sioux team in that building.

In regards to the remainder of your post, I could care less about last year's game with Holy Cross/Minnesota as it's in the past, however, that's me. If other people want to continue to discuss it, that's fine with me. I know what this thread is about, and choose to come to it from time to time. As far as the jersey thing goes, it's their money to do what they want with it.

Sioux-cia's quote was "That game gave Sioux fans one of the best nights of hockey in REA history!!!". The best nights of hockey in REA history for Sioux fans should concern games that the Sioux won, not some game that they didn't even play in. Even without that quote, there has been too much propaganda about that game that has carried on long enough. It's time to let it go and leave it in the past where it belongs. As much as I detest NDSU, you would never catch me buying a jersey of some other team just because that team upset the Bison in a D1-AA playoff game. I understand why people were glad that Holy Cross won, and I understand giving the Gopher fans some good-natured ribbing about it at the time. But to buy Holy Cross jerseys and wear them to a Sioux/Gophers game a year later in my opinion is a bit obsessive. Why not just wear a Sioux jersey? To chant "Holy Cross, Holy Cross" during a Sioux/Gophers game is no better than chanting "Sioux suck" during a Bison/Gophers game. That's nothing personal against anybody in particular, just my opinion. And I think everybody who's been posting here for awhile knows me well enough to realize I'm not just some troll pretending as a Sioux fan.

But one of my favorites was when Devils Lake beat GPR this year for 3rd place in the High School hockey tournament. That was in the REA, but I dont think it makes me any less of a Sioux fan.

But one of my favorites was when Devils Lake beat GPR this year for 3rd place in the High School hockey tournament. That was in the REA, but I dont think it makes me any less of a Sioux fan.

The avatar's mite team won the first game that they have ever played on the main ice at REA this year. Even though she didn't score, she played the most aggressive game that I have ever seen her play. Heck, their goalie stopped the puck and she was in the crease poking at his glove because she wanted to score on that ice so bad.

You can bet you life, that was one of my favorite moments at The Ralph.

Congrats on your self-admitted hermaphroditism, lard-butt!

Wallow in your pen... that is, Gopher-envy, oh small-minded one! I'm sure a good shrink would have a field day with you, "dude!"

I hate to bring up the facts but Sioux-cia is a female.

I was just saying that to see a Sioux fan wearing a Holy Cross jersey to a Sioux/Gophers game at Mariucci is comparable to Bison fans chanting "Sioux suck" at a Bison/Gophers game.

Why can't a Sioux fan also be a fan of Holy Cross? Seriously, what's not to like about a program like Holy Cross, they're a bunch of highly respectable guys that went to college for school first, and to play hockey second (no scholarships) and they beat the best hockey team in the country when no one said that they could. When they won, it was victory in it's purest form.

I have a squirt that has a couple kids on his team, that believed because another team was better or had previously beat them, that there was no way that they could win. When my kid told me how the the other kids were talking before the game I gave him the "Holy Cross example" of how games aren't decided by who has the better record they're decided on the ice. To which he told his teammates when they were talking like that in the locker room.

The Holy Cross win over the Gophers just shows you that on any given night, any team can beat any team as long as you play with your heart.

It's one of those great feelings that makes you instantly smile when you think back on it.

DaveK, is that a Gopher jersey I see sticking out of the bottom of your Sioux jersey?

Sioux-cia's quote was "That game gave Sioux fans one of the best nights of hockey in REA history!!!". The best nights of hockey in REA history for Sioux fans should concern games that the Sioux won, not some game that they didn't even play in.

That's her opinion and I happen to agree with it because it was a great game that will long be remembered as part of hockey history. The fact that it was discussed and shown so much during yesterday's game is proof of that. Recognizing the significance of the game in no way diminishes any other Sioux wins in the REA. Most of us have no problem understanding the difference between games the Sioux win and games other teams win.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but since 2003, Gopher fans have given Sioux fans grief about UND's loss to Ferris State at the Mariucci. That was a game in which the Gophers weren't involved. I don't recall you ever coming down on Gopher fans for using that game to label the Sioux as "chokers."

Even without that quote, there has been too much propaganda about that game that has carried on long enough. It's time to let it go and leave it in the past where it belongs.

That's your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. You don't want to talk about it any more. Fine. Don't. Don't read this thread. That's your right. But neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell the rest of us what we can and can't discuss here.

As much as I detest NDSU, you would never catch me buying a jersey of some other team just because that team upset the Bison in a D1-AA playoff game.

So don't. Again, that's your right. Other people choose to do something different. That's their right.

I understand why people were glad that Holy Cross won, and I understand giving the Gopher fans some good-natured ribbing about it at the time. But to buy Holy Cross jerseys and wear them to a Sioux/Gophers game a year later in my opinion is a bit obsessive.

Being one of the most irrational, obsessed Bison haters on this board, you are in no position to pass judgement on anyone else's behavior. Clean up your own act before you criticize others. That's the only way you can avoid looking like a complete hypocrite.

That's her opinion and I happen to agree with it because it was a great game that will long be remembered as part of hockey history. The fact that it was discussed and shown so much during yesterday's game is proof of that. Recognizing the significance of the game in no way diminishes any other Sioux wins in the REA. Most of us have no problem understanding the difference between games the Sioux win and games other teams win.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but since 2003, Gopher fans have given Sioux fans grief about UND's loss to Ferris State at the Mariucci. That was a game in which the Gophers weren't involved. I don't recall you ever coming down on Gopher fans for using that game to label the Sioux as "chokers."

That's your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. You don't want to talk about it any more. Fine. Don't. Don't read this thread. That's your right. But neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell the rest of us what we can and can't discuss here.

So don't. Again, that's your right. Other people choose to do something different. That's their right.

Being one of the most irrational, obsessed Bison haters on this board, you are in no position to pass judgement on anyone else's behavior. Clean up your own act before you criticize others. That's the only way you can avoid looking like a complete hypocrite.

Breaking down the argument. I like that about you. :D You should have been a lawyer.

That night was still one of the best nights of hockey at the REA (did I say it was THE best hockey game at the REA?) for me and thousands of other Sioux fans. Two great games that night. Two well deserved wins. I still listen to that game mix in my car.

I have NEVER worn any jersey other than a Sioux jersey when the FIGHTING SIOUX hockey team is on the ice. I even wore my 2004-2005 NC$$ Frozen Four Prpich jersey to a New Mexico Scorpion (Prpich Fighting Sioux) vs Lubbock Cotton Kings (Bianchi Crusader) game.

You have your opinion which I disagree with. I have my opinion which you disagree with. Your choice and my choice are to disagree. I'll keep posting on this thread as long as it's open and so can you..... or not.

there has been too much propaganda about that game that has carried on long enough. It's time to let it go and leave it in the past where it belongs.

When it comes to sports, there's nothing I hate more than "leave the past in the past". Teams should celebrate their accomplishments for generations onward - legacies are what make sports great.

If you truly believe that the past isn't worth talking about, then UND's 7 NCAA title banners should be removed from the rafters and never mentioned again, along with any other awards and honors that Sioux players have earned over the years.

If you honestly believe this is true, you have done a great disservice to the school, its fans, and sports as a whole.

When it comes to sports, there's nothing I hate more than "leave the past in the past". Teams should celebrate their accomplishments for generations onward - legacies are what make sports great.

If you truly believe that the past isn't worth talking about, then UND's 7 NCAA title banners should be removed from the rafters and never mentioned again, along with any other awards and honors that Sioux players have earned over the years.

If you honestly believe this is true, you have done a great disservice to the school, its fans, and sports as a whole.

AMEN!!!! Very well put!

i hope to god no sioux fan wore a holy cross jersey to the sioux gopher game, stupid, plain stupid, green and white for sure, im hoping it was other wcha fans wearing the holy cross gear during sioux gopher game, if not then the sioux fan should get a pulse check and see what team he/she really cheers for

That's a fair point to make, and actually you may have slightly misunderstood what I meant by leaving it in the past. In no way did I mean that fans should leave the tradition and history of their own team in the past, but rather the mocking and instigating a rival team's fans over a loss.

I don't think Holy Cross fans should leave that game in the past, but I think Sioux fans should stop using it as a tool to instigate Gopher fans with. It makes us all look bad.

I guess I have no choice but to give all the Sioux fans a 2 minute penalty for instigating lol :D

I get the miracle aspect of that game and truly appreciate it, I really do. I just don't appreciate the kicking them when they're down mentality and instigating attitude towards the Gophers. To appreciate what Holy Cross did is one thing, but to buy the Holy Cross jersey just so you can wear it to a Sioux/Gophers game and rub the Gopher fans' noses in it is where it crosses the line and becomes instigating behavior in my opinion.

I don't think we would see this stuff going on if Holy Cross had upset any other college hockey power such as UNH, Michigan, or Wisconsin. It's because it was the Gophers, which is the reason why it bothers me a little bit. I wish Sioux fans could display the same class towards the Gophers as they do towards the Badgers.

And, yes, I do own both a Sioux jersey and a Gophers jersey. If some people can be fans of both the Sioux and Holy Cross then can't I be a fan of both the Sioux and the Gophers? Now, make no mistake about it... the Gophers jersey will not find its way out of my closet today or any other day in which the Sioux play against the Gophers. But, yes, I do cheer for them when they're playing against anybody else (unless the Sioux are chasing them in the WCHA standings). If the Gophers should happen to win today I will be rooting hard for them to take care of BC, Miami, MSU, or Maine. What's wrong with that?

I was a football fan before I was a hockey fan. Being a football fan I grew up having a favorite Division I team and a favorite Division II team. When I started following hockey I was already a pretty big Gophers football fan and therefore could't help but cheer for their hockey team too when they're not playing against the Sioux.

I happen to be one of those people that bought a Holy Cross jersey. So far, the only time I have worn it was for the Gopher-Wisconsin game at the Final 5 last weekend. I wore it so that we could get a group picture for the Holy Cross folks and to irritate Gopher fans. You may be surprised at the reaction that I received. Fans from UND, St. Cloud, Wisconsin, Duluth and Mankato all stopped to talk to me and loved the jersey. That would have to be expected. But I had a lot of UMTC fans stop and talk to me also. The majority of them also appreciated the joke. Some said that it hurt a little, but they understood. Others just thought it was hilarious. They understood that it was just a good-natured jab at a rival. Some even said that they would have done the same thing if the Sioux would have been the team to lose. Only a few said anything bad. I have actually gotten worse reactions from Gopher fans when wearing a Sioux jersey than the Holy Cross.

You may be right, a big part of the draw is the fact that it was Minnesota losing to Holy Cross. A big part of the draw for me was witnessing that historical event from my normal seats at the REA. It was a great night of hockey with that game alone, but especially combined with the UND win over Michigan. I consider it one of the best nights of hockey at the REA so far. I feel confident in saying that because I have seen almost all of the Fighting Sioux men's games, a couple of women's games, most of the World Juniors games and one of the Wild preseason games. And I have been attending UND hockey games since the late 70's (and listening to them on the radio since the late 60's or early 70's). The HC game was not one of the top moments in Sioux history because they didn't play. But you are very narrow minded if you can't recognize that it was a very important event for college hockey. And some of us want to remember the event. Rubbing it in to our friends to the east is just an added bonus.

I do own both a Sioux jersey and a Gophers jersey.

I was kidding, I guess you are a closet Gopher fan......wait, you just came out.

If some people can be fans of both the Sioux and Holy Cross then can't I be a fan of both the Sioux and the Gophers?

To me owning a Gopher jersey and a Sioux jersey is like marrying your sister, it's just not right.

It ain't gonna happen, folks. DaveK thinks we Holy Cross fans and Holy Cross jersey owners make Sioux fans look bad. Wearing the Holy Cross jersey requires no further statement. No words needed. I don't know why I keep defending my admiration for the 2005-2006 Holy Cross hockey team and how special I feel owning a game worn, autographed by the 2005-2006 team Holy Cross jersey. (I own ten game worn college hockey jerseys and plan to keep collecting more!)

DaveK can, has and without a doubt will continue to say some pretty bad things about and to Bison fans without any regard as to how he makes the rest of us Sioux football fans look.

Did I hear someone say 'double standard'?

I will today and always know that I was present at one of the greatest nights of hockey at the REA. A night that is today and will always be a part of college hockey history.

With that said,

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!! KICK GOPHER ASS!!!!!!

And, yes, I do own both a Sioux jersey and a Gophers jersey. If some people can be fans of both the Sioux and Holy Cross then can't I be a fan of both the Sioux and the Gophers? Now, make no mistake about it... the Gophers jersey will not find its way out of my closet today or any other day in which the Sioux play against the Gophers. But, yes, I do cheer for them when they're playing against anybody else (unless the Sioux are chasing them in the WCHA standings). If the Gophers should happen to win today I will be rooting hard for them to take care of BC, Miami, MSU, or Maine. What's wrong with that?

I understand your logic, and even though I'm obviously not a Sioux fan the way that you and everyone else on this board are, there's a BIG difference between rooting for both the Sioux and the Crusaders as opposed to rooting for the Sioux and the Gophers.

UND and UMN are in constant competition with one another, and bitter rivals. From my perspective, that's like someone rooting for both the Rangers and the Devils. When one wins, it's pretty much always bad for the other, except for a few rare situations. HC and UND, on the other hand, are on completely different levels. Except for our two meetings in the NCAAs, I doubt there has ever been a situation where a Holy Cross win would adversely affect the Sioux.

I understand your logic, and even though I'm obviously not a Sioux fan the way that you and everyone else on this board are, there's a BIG difference between rooting for both the Sioux and the Crusaders as opposed to rooting for the Sioux and the Gophers.

UND and UMN are in constant competition with one another, and bitter rivals. From my perspective, that's like someone rooting for both the Rangers and the Devils. When one wins, it's pretty much always bad for the other, except for a few rare situations. HC and UND, on the other hand, are on completely different levels. Except for our two meetings in the NCAAs, I doubt there has ever been a situation where a Holy Cross win would adversely affect the Sioux.

You're one smart boy!!! :D