SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

Yeah, cuz I'm such a bad guy. :D :D It was a joke. Of course I realize that game was 'heard' around the hockey community, but we wouldn't be fans of our respective programs if we didn't take good-natured jabs at each other once in a while. I wasn't being literal, but unforunately that doesn't seem to be the case for a few others. ;)

trying to hijack the thread??

deflect the attention from the terrible 'luck' the gophs suffered.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to hijack the thread??

deflect the attention from the terrible 'luck' the gophs suffered.

I'm going to catch flak for this, but I don't think Slap Shot was trying to hijack a thread. He's not really capable of doing it. If you want to find a master at the stupidity hijack maneuver, you go to http://www.uscho.com, go to their message board, and search up a user called "morprod" and there you go. He's the best at hijacking threads. Of course, he IS an SCSU fan...

If you want to find a master at the stupidity hijack maneuver, you go to http://www.uscho.com, go to their message board, and search up a user called "morprod" and there you go. He's the best at hijacking threads. Of course, he IS an SCSU fan...

You sir, have insulted me. I challenge you to a duel. Pistols at dawn.

mornprod can't hold a candle to me.

Add me as another Holy Cross alum (Class of '01) who is genuinely touched by the support classy UND fans like yourselves have shown for our student-athletes. It's really great to see and it's just tremendous - I'm not really even sure how to put it into words.

It's safe to say UND has become my second favorite college hockey team, although I hope I don't catch too much heat from you guys, since I have a St. Cloud State jersey (I thought it looked cool).

Anyway, I may have to venture out to Grand Forks for some kind of college hockey vacation next season, and I'll make sure I come decked out in my Holy Cross gear.

Now to let you in on something, in Worcester we have a little thing. Just like at Navy, it's always Beat Army, and at Army it's Beat Navy, we have Go HC, Beat BC.

For tomorrow, it's Go UND, Beat BC!

Go clip the Eagles!!

It's safe to say UND has become my second favorite college hockey team, although I hope I don't catch too much heat from you guys, since I have a St. Cloud State jersey (I thought it looked cool).

Bolded part is what you'll probably be ribbed for. Nothing wrong with having another team's jersey, but you found the SCSU jersey looked cool? Dude..... :D:D:D

A few notes, even though I'm quite sure nobody will get them until the game (and subsequent celebration) is over...

The full game audio from Holy Cross vs North Dakota is now posted at http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

To pacify any concerns, Holy Cross fans will not be cheering for BC today - they're a pure rival of HC when it comes to sports. Over the past two weeks, North Dakota has solidified its position as HC fans' #2 team - we're behind you all the way!

In case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on this board, Tyler McGregor earned his first professional point by way of a 2nd period assist for the Cleveland Barons last night.

GO SIOUX

beat BC!!!

Chris Del Vecchio

HC Class of 2006

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

So, who's going to start the "BC Radio Highlights" thread? ;)

Seriously though, great season by the Sioux. Unfortunately, the only WCHA team left is the evil red menace, so it looks like I'm a Blackbear fan for the rest of the evening...

That doesn't make sense - so you were not a Maine fan against the Red Menace until the Sioux lost? but - um - thanks anyway, I think

Sure..... I've never been a big Maine hockey fan, so it's tough for me to root for them. I would have been pulling for Wisco so we could see an all WCHA final, but now I'd rather see the Badgers go down...

OK - that makes sense - since it can't an all WCHA final - you would rather have no WCHA team in the final - thanks for clearing that up

The full game audio from Holy Cross vs North Dakota is now posted at http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Thanks. Chris! It's fun to listen to in light of UND's season ending today.

To pacify any concerns, Holy Cross fans will not be cheering for BC today - they're a pure rival of HC when it comes to sports. Over the past two weeks, North Dakota has solidified its position as HC fans' #2 team - we're behind you all the way!
We appreciate your support. Unfortunately, BC was the better team today. ;)

In case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on this board, Tyler McGregor earned his first professional point by way of a 2nd period assist for the Cleveland Barons last night.

Congratulations to Tyler. I noticed that he made USCHO's All-Star third team, too.

I'm calling the Boston College bookstore today. I'm going to order a BC jersey so I can wear it to the Final Five next year.

Just like a Goof fan to switch jerseys when their team loses ;) Sorry but, it just won't sting like a Holy Cross jersey will......

Good try though!

Just like a Goof fan to switch jerseys when their team loses ;) Sorry but, it just won't sting like a Holy Cross jersey will......

Good try though!

With 17 pages of, "I can't wait to wear my Holy Cross jersey in front of Gopher fans next year at Mariucci and the Final Five," you need to expect to get a little thrown back your way.

But you're right. BC doesn't sting as much as Holy Cross.

Ya think? ;)

It still stings though - that game could have easily been 5-2 Sioux - but oh well, things happen and our lads did at least make it to the big dance . When all is said and done - they had a great year and another great run in the end. Congratulations to all that worked so hard to accomplish what they did this fine season.

I'm calling the Boston College bookstore today. I'm going to order a BC jersey so I can wear it to the Final Five next year.

Please. Losing in the semifinals of an NCAA tournament to a quality team...one win away from a national championship...is hardly something to feel ashamed of.

But if you really want to wear one that badly, you can just borrow mine. ;)

Well, I'm not ashamed of my club either. It's a total bummer they ran out of gas at the end of the season and lost to Holy Cross, but they had a great season and were an absolute blast to watch. I think you guys are making this a much bigger deal than Gopher fans are!

There you go again Jim, letting the facts get in the way of a good arguement. ;)

I wore my Fighting Sioux Jersey to class at the U of M last Saturday. I got a few negative comments to which I replied, "Holy Cross?" One person in a class with me saw me walk in and immediately said, "Don't start with me today..." :D I told him, "It could be worse, or no wait, actually I'm this is as bad as it gets. Well unless Kessel transfers to Madison" :)

Oh I think the rest of the college hockey world took note and enjoyed the Holy Cross victory.

medium.jpg

"The Banner" was a huge hit in Milwaukee.

Ok, I got information on additional game worn jerseys (from past seasons). Here is the email she sent to me.

Hey Nicole! Tough game the other day. I was rooting for you guys, even over a team I grew up with. Here is the list that I have been working on with Coach. If these wild fans are so interested in replicas, maybe they would want a practice jersey too! I have attached a picture of 1 of each of them for you to see. The practices jerseys all follow this pattern, just different coloring, and they are a heavy weight jersey.

Purple Game Worn Jersey - MAAC League Patch - #35 - size 56 - $150

Purple Game Worn Jersey - MAAC League Patch - #9 - size 54 - $150

Purple Game Worn Jersey - MAAC League Patch - #15 - size 52 - $150

Purple Game Worn Jersey - MAAC League Patch - #19 - size 54 - $150

14 - Grey Practice Jerseys with white Holy Cross lettering

12 - Grey Practice Jerseys with black Holy Cross lettering

12 - Purple Practice Jerseys with white Holy Cross lettering

2 - Orange Practice Jerseys with purple Holy Cross lettering

These Practice Jerseys are mostly size 54s and cost $50 each.

So only 4 game worn jerseys, but it seems as though they're cleaning out the storage closet for Sioux fans! :) It looks like there are 40 practice jerseys for anyone that wants some Holy Cross gear but doesn't want to spend a lot of money. She sent me a picture of a practice jersey as well as the front/back of a game worn jersey, but I can't figure out how to post them without hosting them on a website. Maybe someone can help me with that? Otherwise, PM me and I'll email you the pictures if you're interested.

I looked back through posts and PM's people have sent me, and this is the list of people who said they were interested in a jersey in the order I received them:

*MafiaMan

*zqglmtv

Diggler - (requested #35)

Sioux Yeah Yeah

UNDPUCKS

Hiram

Huntingdude

yekcoh

Siouxguyinstpaul

Red Frog

Siouxmama

* people who requested a jersey and had it recalled.

Let me know who wants what! I've received about 1/2 the money (there's probably more in my mailbox today), so I'd like to get the rest of these figured out soon so I can send the money to Holy Cross.

Imageshack is a free imagehosting site. I use it for all my pictures. It's easy to use. Just save the picture on your hard drive and then browse for it. Or you could just send me the pictures and I'll do it

I'm pretty sure I'll take the Quesadilla jersey, I just want to make sure it's cool looking. :) I know they've swtiched jerseys in the last few years and the older wants aren't as good.