SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Playoff Quotes

dagies

Thanks Coach Pearl.

So nice to hear that from another coach. I'm tired of certain WCHA coaches who call us dirty and cheap! They can't beat us on the ice so they beat us up in the press.

Memo to Lucia and Motzko. Guess what, the Sioux aren't involved in fisticuffs when the other team doesn't take cheap shots.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overheard at the East Regional in Albany the day after the Crusaders stunned Minnesota: "There goes their invite to the Mariucci [holiday]Tournament."

INCH Power Rankings

This one doesn't apply to the Sioux, but sums up Friday night veeeeeerrrrrrry well! :D

This one doesn't apply to the Sioux, but sums up Friday night veeeeeerrrrrrry well! :D

Yep, isn't that the truth, they haven't played anyone in that tourney since BU beat them in the 1990's, notice since then they have had a bunch of weak sisters and also rans that the goofers propaganda machine had tried to pump up as being a legitimate team or a possible tourney team.

On the other side of the scale, Ned, who's a college graduate and an American citizen. At Princeton you were all-Eastern?

That's what it said in the yearbook.

OK. Our lines are open. Anything you wanna know about the fascinating world of pro hockey...

Here we go. Hi there. Jim Carr. What's your question?

Hey, Dunlop, you old fart. Why don't you get outta the game and let some...

We're gonna spin some music while we wait for our next caller. Before you do that, I know a lot of kids would enjoy coming to the games to see a great veteran like Reggie skate. While we wait for our next caller, we'd like to remind you folks calling in to keep your questions within the boundaries of good taste.

INCH on Parise

Quote by Jordan Parise:

With all due respect to Holy Cross, I think that any team in the country would say that they would never want to play against Minnesota. We also understood that Holy Cross beating Minnesota was not a fluke. With the scoring power that Minnesota has, Holy Cross proved to everyone that hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard.

Eagles Can Expect A Fight From the Sioux

Regarding last year's regional game:

''They manhandled us," said BC wing Joe Rooney. ''It was men against boys, really.
''Once their forwards get the puck," said Denver coach George Gwozdecky, ''all hell breaks loose."

''It all falls back to their offensive talent," Gwozdecky said. ''You don't have to be that physical when you have talent. All teams have to be physical to get the puck back, but in the regionals against Michigan and Holy Cross, there were some spurts where they had the puck all the time. I don't know that I've seen a better offensive team in a long time."

It's good to know that The Gwoz and I saw the same thing at the West Regional. :lol:

It's even better to know that I won't be seeing any pictures of him wearing his gardening gloves during practices prior to the Frozen Four. :lol:

Yes. I personally measured it with my ruler. ;)

You mean you do something OTHER than slapping the wrists of the young hooligans with that ruler?!? :lol:

As for a quote, I liked what Gwozdecky said of our forwards. something like "When their forwards get the puck, all hell breaks loose."

Though I can't remember which article it is from. Probably that Boston one.

I'm not sure of the quote, but on the Blackhawks site, the questioner asked Bochenski about North Dakota and the Frozen Four and Bo said something like, "I'll have to check the schedule and take a drive up to Milwaukee to catch the boys." Be on a money alert when you get here. To Milwaukee that is.

You mean you do something OTHER than slapping the wrists of the young hooligans with that ruler?!? :lol:

As for a quote, I liked what Gwozdecky said of our forwards. something like "When their forwards get the puck, all hell breaks loose."

Though I can't remember which article it is from. Probably that Boston one.

Just look back at the half-dozen or so posts on this thread....

Some of these were mentioned previously, but I think they bear repeating at this time.

"They came out playing the body real hard. They were in our face playing that scrummy kind of hockey. They