SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Playoff Quotes

dagies

Last year there were a lot of great quotes in the media about our boys. Might be fun to have a thread where we can keep people's favorites as the time goes along. Here are a few of mine so far:

MVParise

I'm pretty impressed with (defenseman Zach) Jones and a couple other of their defensemen. They were men killing penalties against us. They're doing something right over there." (Bob Motzko after the Sioux beat SCSU in the Final Five Championship)

INCH - Powerful Sioux

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken Kohler, Gopher fan caught wearing my Sioux jersey at the Final Five last weekend:

"That's a long drive to be making to come back disappointed."

He was talking about me personally. Apparently, the comment should have been directed at Gopher fans making the trip west and then north.

Not about North Dakota, but a quote from a weekend to remember:

(Holy Cross forward Tyler) McGregor said that he and his teammates felt confident entering the game, fully believing they could win. He compared the Golden Gophers to Mercyhurst, a high-flying offensive club that his Crusaders toppled twice earlier this season.

“They play very similarly to them,” he said.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/9NCAA/2006/west1_0427.htm

Minnesota Hockey: Mercyhurst of the Midwest ;)

"YES! What a bunch of overrated pre-madonnas. Look at 'em now! Swa-eet!" "I wonder what excuse the team and tDon will come with now?" - Upper Deck (talking in third person for the media) after watching the Gophs lose a heartbreaker Friday night to Holy Cross. ;)

Following UND's game with Holy Cross, when Jordan Parise was asked about the team playing better in front of him and his assessment of his goaltending, he said:

I think that our team has kind of gone on an up-slope. We just keep getting better. I, personally, just try to keep up with the rest of the guys. They

I yelled across the penalty box at Jack Johnson. I told him not to mess with Jonesy cause Jonesy is crazy and would beat him with his own stupid striped helmet. I think they were both entertained.

Hey Dirty, quit ripping off my fashion expertise. There can only be one flag wearing superhero! JK ;)

One of my favorite quotes was heard when listening to the Minn/HC game on Holy Cross's audio link, and has now become a part of my signature.

Not only was it what he said, but how he said it. The announcers themselves were stunned, you could hear the crowd in the background and everyone was going nuts, and the announcer yelped out:

"The Minnesota Golden Gophers are probably wondering what just hit them." - Dick Lutsk, Holy Cross Crusader hockey play-by-play announcer.

Last year there were a lot of great quotes in the media about our boys. Might be fun to have a thread where we can keep people's favorites as the time goes along.

I guess I should have been a little more clear. My intention was to have this thread focus on the cool things related to our team or games they were in, and not digress into opponents or games we were not involved in. ;)

Following UND's game with Holy Cross, when Jordan Parise was asked about the team playing better in front of him and his assessment of his goaltending, he said:

Now THAT'S cool. It's why it's good to have PCM on this board. Parts of that showed up in other stories, but not the real depth of what Jordy was saying. Thanks, PCM!

I guess I should have been a little more clear. My intention was to have this thread focus on the cool things related to our team or games they were in, and not digress into opponents or games we were not involved in. ;)

How's that song go? "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Lord help me please not to be misunderstood."

or something like that. Anyway, sorry, Dagies.