SiouxSports.com Forum

Ice Hockey game - Sioux fan vs. Gopher fans

KBG

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ref: There will be no Ref. Albers from POI is on our team and is a ref and he will Drop the PUCK.

Offsides: We do play offsides, use you best judgement.

Icing: We also call that. From the Time of the Ice the Offense has 5 seconds to break out before the other team can come after them.

Contact: LIGHT......Bumping in front of the net is OK. No OPEN ICE head Hunting........Also if your on a 1 on 1 playing D feel free to Stop the Attacker by holding him up..

If there is a Penatly: The team is awarded a Penalty Shot...

Any body else need rules

I will print them up again and give them to you before the game

Show up at 12:30

My name is God and I will be wearing number 11.

I hear there is light hitting allowed...sounds good to me ;)

For those Sioux hockey players/cheerleaders who happen to read this by Sunday...we need to show up the dumb-ass POI guys in the stands...so lets get some backing. I mean really, think they would know what Jason Notterman and Kevin Spiewak look like? Lets sneak them on the ice after the 1st period. :)

I couln't pick Jason out of a crowd of one, but I've seen his old man around Mariucci during MN-UND games and if Jason plays one knows John will be there. Nice try though. :lol:

I'm number 2, just so you know when you're chasing me while I'm on (yet) another breakaway. :D

Since most of your team is probably somewhere on Interstate 94 right now, I thought I'd fill you all in. The game ended with the scoreboard showing a 4-4 final. The Sioux goalie was AMAZING!! They also had a stud player, not sure who it was, short guy with a green helmet and red breezers. Being the grinders we are, the POIers blocked three consecutive slapshots by him, all on the same shift without the puck leaving the zone. I blocked the first one, and my right shin is still throbbing. Hard shot! :)

It was a fun game. I have to say I'm embarassed to have been on the same team as a couple of POIers (I will not name names), but there were a few POIers who really showed no class and I was terribly ashamed to be associated with them today. I apologize for their behavior, and hope there are no hard feelings.

We'll have to do this again next year...hopefully you guys can get 10 guys (and gals) to show up so you can take in some more oxygen. ;)

I had fun - too bad it got a little intense - but I still had fun. Thanks for playing UNDers.

I'd introduce your goalie to the Dean - he's better than what the Sioux have now?

Who ever (wearing #11?) went down to block the shot on the blue line - I apoligize. I didn't see you drop or I never would have shot. Hope your elbow is ok. :)

Some tempters flared. Unfortunately the PrideOnIcer's had less self-control than the SiouxSports...ers. Oh well, I think once the dUst settles (if it hasn't already) everyone will look back and say it was a good time. Maybe I'm just overreacting to what went on, but I thought some of our players put themselves above the game of hockey. :)

I was planning to show up and "coach" and/or lend my moral, actually, immoral support to the good guys. However, due to the fact we have clients who decide to make a major deal that will close at month-end on Friday ... I spent the good part of the day keeping their butts out of tax/legal trouble. ;)

Maybe next time. Wait until they get the bill ... :)

It was a great game guys, I had a lot of fun :D Thank GOD for our goalie, he definately kept us in it. I just got back to GF about an hour ago and I can tell you I am one sore guy :)

The conflicts were a minor setback, I was hoping it would have been a little more laid back and joking around with it. Guess it's just not in human nature to let some rodents try to walk all over you :D

Next year at Engelstad with nice ice and locker rooms. You'll be so stunned when you step onto the ice you won't even notice us blow by and score!! ;)

I still am awestruck every time I skate at Mariucci, and I've skated there 8 times now. I'm anxious to see the new REA...but first we all gotta get tickets. Bertibm isn't having much luck with your ticket office...any chance you guys know how to get a group of tickets for when the Gophers are in town? :)

Well, not a stellar start for my "coaching career" but what can you expect when all you get paid is one beer?!?! Good meeting you guys and as for me, I look forward to facing the UNDer's (from the bench again) next year. You guys/gals just got to help us find tix to get up there, almost as hard a place to get tix as Mecca!

We'll send pictures up somehow, there were a few cameras at the game.

Forecheck, hope your squad treated you right, at least your heart was in the right place Saturday with the Gopher beads! ;) THere now I done and got you in trouble! :)

WPoS

I would had replied earlier, but I lacked the energy to type.

I would like to thank everyone involved in this game, it was a blast. Got a little out of hand, but that is somewhat expected, still a hell of a lot of fun. This definitily must be set up as an annual event if not set up to be played during both series. Play in GF when the gophers visit, and played in the cities when the Sioux visit.

It was also nice to meet a few of the players (POI) out after the game.

I know you guys were keeping stats, could I get you guys to send me a copy of the stats? Thanks

Well, not a stellar start for my "coaching career" but what can you expect when all you get paid is one beer?!?! Good meeting you guys and as for me, I look forward to facing the UNDer's (from the bench again) next year. You guys/gals just got to help us find tix to get up there, almost as hard a place to get tix as Mecca!

We'll send pictures up somehow, there were a few cameras at the game.

Forecheck, hope your squad treated you right, at least your heart was in the right place Saturday with the Gopher beads! :D THere now I done and got you in trouble! :D

WPoS

PCM took some pictures from the Sioux bench and is going to post them when he gets a chance. Probably would have been up last night if my car hadn't died every 5 seconds on the interstate. :)

And believe me, cheering for the Gophers on Saturday night was a one time thing. Apparently I'll do anything with a few beers in me. ;) If you were one of the thousands of Gopher fans who booed me on the big screen though, you're going down. :D I hope I cursed those beads you gave me!

As far as the UM/UND tickets go, you won't be able to get them until single season tickets go on sale probably in September or so, and I think the amount that are available depends on how many season tickets are sold. No one will know the actual day until closer to the season. I already planned on getting in line at REA with my cell phone early that morning to make sure I get tickets for some other people, so depending on how many I can buy at a time, I may be able to help you guys out.

forecheck,

actually some people were booing around me at you but I tried to set them straight, you were also sporting my set of maroon beads proudly, so I didn't boo ya! ;)

And as for a few beers, yah, we have a tendancy to have a few before the game and anyone is welcome to join in the fun! It's our secret weapon during playoffs, we had a whole Northern Michigan group cheering for us after they played a few rounds of beer darts with us... :)

WPoS

forecheck,

actually some people were booing around me at you but I tried to set them straight, you were also sporting my set of maroon beads proudly, so I didn't boo ya! :)

That's good to hear, but I still hope I cursed your beads! I have my priorities straight for this weekend! ;)

It's too bad the only way the Gophers can obtain fans is by getting you guys good and liquored up.... :D

It's too bad the only way the Gophers can obtain fans is by getting you guys good and liquored up.... :)

no it is not how we get fans, it is how we get "enemy" fans to switch sides! Altho I don't think there is enuf beer in the world to get me to cheer for the BADgers or JBSU...

WPoS

I had a great time. The POI'ers certainly threw some rubber my way. I was actually kind of expecting to be busy but not that bad. I wanted to keep the shutout going longer. I was pissed off on the first goal. But...hey...had to be nice to our POI hosts and let them have one. :)

One of my dreams was to play college or above hockey. It never panned out. I'd love to entertain an idea if I still had eligibility but I doubt I have any with my age and having graduated already. But enjoy watching and playing when I can. That's what counts.

If I'm not living in Australia I am definately game for any rematch if you want. My email that I have now should be live even if I move.

Also...hopefully we can have a Sioux/Gopher regional final. That would be awesome.