SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford

southpaw

Hakstol said Stafford will retain his roles on the power play and penalty kill.

"There's no half-way at this time of year," Hakstol said. "We've been pretty cautious over the past week. Drew has been skating for over a week now. With a situation like that, we're not going to rush anybody back. Certainly, that was the case with Drew."

Wow, this is excellent news. Even better than knowing he'll be on the ice, hearing that he's expected to play special teams, especially penalty kill tells me that his knee is responding pretty well. Now, maybe I'm just reading too much into this, but it seems like PK is one where you're doing a lot of starting and stopping and putting a lot of stress on a knee.

There was nary a doubt. Only a really bad injury, or wild horses, would have kept him away. No more wild horses in North Dakota, and we were all pretty sure that he wasn't in a season-ending injury status, so here we go.

Too bad Fabian can't be dressing too, but I am sure that he remains a really positive force in the locker room, especially for the youngsters. 'Member what a stud Fabian was last year around this time?

Yes! Our top line is "Re-built Staf-FORD Tough," or so my sign will say. If I were 40 years younger and given to hip-hop lingo, I'd identify myself as "Just Another Shorty 4 Stafford."

Man, I love this team. They're like the 27 sons I never had.