SiouxSports.com Forum

Couple questions...

01grad

First, Why do the games next weekend start so late? I don't think the North Dakota rule of us playing second really favors us since the players need to sit around until 8:30 to play.

Second, Will fox sports net be covering both games or just the gopher game?

Third, Did anybody else notice that they put pictures of our final five champioship gear up when there were still 2 minutes left in the game? I also heard from somebody watching on tv that before the gopher game Woog was already talking about a gopher/sioux championship. I don't think some people have any decency anymore and I am glad we weren't jinxed and that the Cloud players didn't use this as extra fuel in their dwindling tanks.

Fourth, Do you realize our fans impact on our team? We were at the championship right when the doors opened waiting in our seats behind the bench and Oshie and some others noticed the Let's Go Sioux chant as a stream of fans entered, which they talked about and probably thought was pretty special. Sure we took a lot of crap from people calling us the Bison and Let's go State, which happened quite frequently, but we do have the best fan support and is a big reason why our players work so hard because they feel the love.

I am really proud of our team and it was simply amazing to see them as the home team in the WCHA final five championship game. I am not saying I was a doubter, but they have come a long way these past few weeks and are working well together now to accomplish their goals which is fun to watch.

Keep it up SIOUX

Fourth, Do you realize our fans impact on our team? We were at the championship right when the doors opened waiting in our seats behind the bench and Oshie and some others noticed the Let's Go Sioux chant as a stream of fans entered, which they talked about and probably thought was pretty special. Sure we took a lot of crap from people calling us the Bison and Let's go State, which happened quite frequently, but we do have the best fan support and is a big reason why our players work so hard because they feel the love. Keep it up SIOUX

Good post.

Sioux fans have something special with the greatest college program of all time in their own backyard.

The fans are key, you can't have a great program without them. The players have several paths to the NHL but they play here because of the support, tradition, pride, coaching and facilities. Probably in that order.

First, Why do the games next weekend start so late? I don't think the North Dakota rule of us playing second really favors us since the players need to sit around until 8:30 to play.

Second, Will fox sports net be covering both games or just the gopher game?

Third, Did anybody else notice that they put pictures of our final five champioship gear up when there were still 2 minutes left in the game? I also heard from somebody watching on tv that before the gopher game Woog was already talking about a gopher/sioux championship. I don't think some people have any decency anymore and I am glad we weren't jinxed and that the Cloud players didn't use this as extra fuel in their dwindling tanks.

Fourth, Do you realize our fans impact on our team? We were at the championship right when the doors opened waiting in our seats behind the bench and Oshie and some others noticed the Let's Go Sioux chant as a stream of fans entered, which they talked about and probably thought was pretty special. Sure we took a lot of crap from people calling us the Bison and Let's go State, which happened quite frequently, but we do have the best fan support and is a big reason why our players work so hard because they feel the love.

I am really proud of our team and it was simply amazing to see them as the home team in the WCHA final five championship game. I am not saying I was a doubter, but they have come a long way these past few weeks and are working well together now to accomplish their goals which is fun to watch.

Keep it up SIOUX

I'll try to answer:

1) Minnesota gets favored and gets the early game because they're the #1 seed, so they get more time to rest.

2) Fox sports will have the Sioux game live on friday, and the gopher game tape delayed early saturday morning

3) Wasn't there so I can't comment

4) Yes the fans do make a big difference, and I think the team gets an extra boost of adrenaline when theres a nice play and the roar of the fans is heard

I'll try to answer:

1) Minnesota gets favored and gets the early game because they're the #1 seed, so they get more time to rest.

I understand that the gophers would play the earlier game so they can rest, but why don't they start the first game at 4:30 or 5:00? Is there something else going on in town, because I am sure that everybody will be off of work early and the city will be focused on the games, thus attendance should good either way.

I think Crosby 87 is referring to the ESPNU schedule.

ESPN takes over hockey during the NCAA Regionals. The games are on ESPNU and ESPN 2 with the championship on ESPN. If you check out FOXSPORTS.COM they have the T-Wolves on followed by the SIOUX Game with the Goophers on tape delay.

NCAA Game2006 College Hockey TV Schedule

DATE GAME MATCHUP TIME (ET) NETWORK

Fri.,

March 24 Nebraska-Omaha vs. Boston University 4 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Fri.,

March 24 Boston College vs. Miami 7 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Fri.,

March 24 Michigan vs. North Dakota 9:30 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Fri.,

March 24 Holy Cross vs. Minnesota 11:59 p.m. (same day) ESPNU

Sat.,

March 25 New Hampshire vs. Michigan State Noon ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Sat.,

March 25 Maine vs. Harvard 3 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Sat.,

March 25 Northeast Regional Final 6 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Sat.,

March 25 West Regional Final 9 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Sat.,

March 25 Colorado College vs. Cornell 11:30 p.m. (same day) ESPNU

Sun.,

March 26 Bemidji State vs. Wisconsin 1:30 a.m. (same day) ESPNU

Sun.,

March 26 East Regional Final 2 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Sun.,

March 26 Midwest Regional Final 5 p.m. ESPNU & ESPN Synd

Thurs.,

April 6 Men's Semifinal No. 1 3 p.m. ESPN2

Thurs.,

April 6 Men's Semifinal No. 2 8 p.m. ESPN2

Fri., April 7 Men's All-Star Skills Competition 8 p.m. ESPNU

Sat., April 8 Men's National Championship 7 p.m. ESPN

FSN North-MN Episode Guide - Fri, Mar. 24 All times EST

Next Day

Someone told me that Hakstol spoke at the Alumni gathering after the game on Friday and he said that the team really feeds of "...home of the SIOUX" when they are at other rinks.

On Saturday night I was there when Hakstol again talked about how great it is to look up and see all the Sioux fans, and Sioux colors in the crowd, and the vocal support the team gets.

i also saw that Fox sports rocky mountian, here in denver, will have the siox game live Friday, and the gopher game tape delayed early in the morning, like 3 am or something.

Interesting stuff. I am sure that gopher fans are probably upset. Now they will need to go to the bar and can't watch the game in the comfort of their own home, unless they have this ESPNU channel. I really wish I could go up to GF to the games, but I already shut everything down to watch hockey all weekend and need lots of time now to catch up with things. Have fun cheering them on live fans!

So am I reading all of this correctly? The Sioux game is being broadcast live on both ESPNU and FSN?

ESPN (and their proxy ESPNU) has the main contract and the game times are staggered around the 4 regions so they can show all the "significant" games live. Obviously they know Minnesota v. Holy Cross will..uh..probably not be a very competitive game so they're tape-delaying that.

Knowing this would NEVER sit with Gopher Fans in the cities - I assume FSN worked out a deal where they can broadcast the Goof game LIVE and simulcast the UND/Michigan game for cable systems that don't offer ESPNU.

ESPN wins by having FSN write them a nice check to share the broadcast rights - keeping their costs down. FSN wins by providing the games live to "local" markets. This is also probably happening around the country....

Don't forget about Fox Sports Wisconsin Direct tv 642.

If you go to the ncaa web site they are and altitude Denver's form of victory sports as stations that will be showing the gopher game live I think. Remember its Late sunday morning. Games start friday night there's lots of time for media outlets to change their minds.

http://www.ncaasports.com/broadcast/schedule/espnhockey

I understand that the gophers would play the earlier game so they can rest, but why don't they start the first game at 4:30 or 5:00? Is there something else going on in town, because I am sure that everybody will be off of work early and the city will be focused on the games, thus attendance should good either way.

The Ralph was lucky to get the game times they did when the NCAA set them back when the tickets were first sold last October. They didn't just set the game times over the weekend, the NCAA did so 6 months ago.

SERIOUSLY pissed here :angry:

Since I don't have Dish, Direct or cable I figured I'd check my StarChoice system for the games. After all, they have the NHL Network

So I check the schedule. They do have some games taped delayed, but there is their schedule (times are Eastern)

Friday

4:00PM-NorthEast #1

7:00PM-NorthEast #2

Saturday

2:00AM-West #1

12:00PM-East #1

2:30PM-Midwest #1

6:00PM-NorthEast Final

Sunday

2:00AM-West Final

11:00AM-East #2

1:30PM-East Final

4:30PM-Midwest Final

Notice something missing? Yes, I miss two games. One is the 2nd MW game which is CC so I don't care but....THEY ARE NOT SHOWING THE SIOUX GAME NOT EVEN ON TAPE DELAY

They are showing the Goofers on TD.....Come on NHL Network....how many times can you show "NHL on the Fly Final" (think Sportscenter) overnight....SHOW THE GAME

SERIOUSLY pissed here :angry:

Since I don't have Dish, Direct or cable I figured I'd check my StarChoice system for the games. After all, they have the NHL Network

So I check the schedule. They do have some games taped delayed, but there is their schedule (times are Eastern)

Friday

4:00PM-NorthEast #1

7:00PM-NorthEast #2

Saturday

2:00AM-West #1

12:00PM-East #1

2:30PM-Midwest #1

6:00PM-NorthEast Final

Sunday

2:00AM-West Final

11:00AM-East #2

1:30PM-East Final

4:30PM-Midwest Final

Notice something missing? Yes, I miss two games. One is the 2nd MW game which is CC so I don't care but....THEY ARE NOT SHOWING THE SIOUX GAME NOT EVEN ON TAPE DELAY

They are showing the Goofers on TD.....Come on NHL Network....how many times can you show "NHL on the Fly Final" (think Sportscenter) overnight....SHOW THE GAME

They were my only hope to see the game too. :lol: The audio link had better work that night or things could get ugly. :lol:

The paying network (ESPN in this case) gets to dictate start times so that they have the best chance to show all four games that day live if they want to. No one at the Ralph had any say in start times. It was mandated by NCAA through ESPN.

ESPN (and their proxy ESPNU) has the main contract and the game times are staggered around the 4 regions so they can show all the "significant" games live. Obviously they know Minnesota v. Holy Cross will..uh..probably not be a very competitive game so they're tape-delaying that.

Knowing this would NEVER sit with Gopher Fans in the cities - I assume FSN worked out a deal where they can broadcast the Goof game LIVE and simulcast the UND/Michigan game for cable systems that don't offer ESPNU.

ESPN wins by having FSN write them a nice check to share the broadcast rights - keeping their costs down. FSN wins by providing the games live to "local" markets. This is also probably happening around the country....

Not exactly true. Two of the regionals run Friday/Saturday. The other two run Saturday/Sunday. Also, the games times were set some time ago, way before anyone knew who would be playing in that 5:30 game. As for FSN, they are contractually obligated to show the T-Wolves game live, unless they can work it out where T-Wolves management allows otherwise. So, as it stands, FSN will be showing the Gopher game on a delayed basis.

Anyone know what hotels the Dirty M teams are staying at?

My son is the night/weekend asst. mgr. at the Holiday Inn and as of this morning - one of them will be staying there - but he didn't know which one yet.

During the regular season - the visiting teams almost always stay there - must give them a pretty good deal.