SiouxSports.com Forum

Pregame get togethers?

WPoS

Sadly for any UND fan friends I have, UND has now moved into my most hated rival. Not that I hate the team or program, because UND's program is dang good, but because of the treatment we recieved as guests by children, adults and even a few gray hairs...just not fun when it is THAT hostile.

Maybe many of them remember what jerks they have run into at the inordinate number of championships that have been held on your turf. It is the root of my great hatred for your team and Bucky. Your fans are the most arrogant blowhards in the entire NCAA while Bucky fans are the most classless. Hope you have an enjoyable summer.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe many of them remember what jerks they have run into at the inordinate number of championships that have been held on your turf. It is the root of my great hatred for your team and Bucky. Your fans are the most arrogant blowhards in the entire NCAA while Bucky fans are the most classless. Hope you have an enjoyable summer.

inordianate? there was ONE at the X that I can think of and that was a fluke that the Gophs made it that year. Your attitude right here is what I refer to...and I doubt that the two 8 year olds that were talking trash all night to my friend and swearing at her have many memories of being mistreated by Goph fans...like I said, met some great UND fans at the Ralph, but talk attitude, while UND's may not be "arrogant" it sure is something to behold from the outside...maybe you should take a mirror and see what others see when the see the majority of the UND fan base and their actions towards visitors to their arena...you have a good summer too...mine will just be 4 weeks sooner than in GF ;)

W

inordianate? there was ONE at the X that I can think of and that was a fluke that the Gophs made it that year. Your attitude right here is what I refer to...and I doubt that the two 8 year olds that were talking trash all night to my friend and swearing at her have many memories of being mistreated by Goph fans...like I said, met some great UND fans at the Ralph, but talk attitude, while UND's may not be "arrogant" it sure is something to behold from the outside...maybe you should take a mirror and see what others see when the see the majority of the UND fan base and their actions towards visitors to their arena...you have a good summer too...mine will just be 4 weeks sooner than in GF ;)

W

I was talking all playoff championships ie) Final Fives and since you wouldn't have been on the outside for all of those I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand. If you were letting eight year olds get to you well that says alot about your character. Got any kids of your own. ;)

Hab-it, like I said, some great UND fans out there and I'd bet most of the peeps that post here are stand up fans, and I could have a beer with them no problem, just that yah, 8 year olds swearing and pulling that kind of crap (umm WHERE are the parents?!?!?) to a young woman is just so uncalled for. Sadly, if it was me on that end of our group, they would have been hauled down to the cops by the collar and had their parents talked to. It just goes to show the extent that the lack of respect that seems to permeate the UND fan base has gone. And no, no kids...they'd get in the way of hockey to much. ;)

As for the arrogance shown by Gopher fans, as a friend explained it to me, I can understand how that comes off that way, but I TRY to be a good HOCKEY fan first and not be a jerk. I'll be the first to get in a good DISCUSSION about the game, not toss insults back and forth, and then share a pitcher of good brew. That is why I like the tPB guys, they are fun to be fans with both during (good natured jibes) and AFTER the game (drinking beer with, talking the game).

W

Hab-it, like I said, some great UND fans out there and I'd bet most of the peeps that post here are stand up fans, and I could have a beer with them no problem, just that yah, 8 year olds swearing and pulling that kind of crap (umm WHERE are the parents?!?!?) to a young woman is just so uncalled for. Sadly, if it was me on that end of our group, they would have been hauled down to the cops by the collar and had their parents talked to. It just goes to show the extent that the lack of respect that seems to permeate the UND fan base has gone. And no, no kids...they'd get in the way of hockey to much. ;)

As for the arrogance shown by Gopher fans, as a friend explained it to me, I can understand how that comes off that way, but I TRY to be a good HOCKEY fan first and not be a jerk. I'll be the first to get in a good DISCUSSION about the game, not toss insults back and forth, and then share a pitcher of good brew. That is why I like the tPB guys, they are fun to be fans with both during (good natured jibes) and AFTER the game (drinking beer with, talking the game).

W

I would agree that there should be no unattended 8 year olds at the REA and in that situation you should have called in the REA arena security. You most likely would have got the result you were seeking because they tend to deal with every situation that is brought to their attention with a heavy fist.

hope you guys had a good tailgate. I *think* a few of the people that I told to show up did. Unfortunatly, most of our gang decided to head home after the loss and didn't want to stay and party Friday night. A few of us did and then they didn't want to go drink and then drive home. Most of them could not stomach the thought of watching UND destroy HC. So maybe next time/year. ;) I firmly beleive UND will be raising another banner after this April. ;)

W

WPoS,

We had a good time at the tailgate. It was a little cool with the slight breeze, but the food, beverage, and camaraderie was more than adequate compensation. It was great to meet a number of the Sioux faithful on the board. My thanks to all of those that showed up. I am thinking that it would be a good thing to do in October again to kick off a new Sioux season, that first home two-game series.

Sorry about the "attitude" your group experienced at the game. It is one thing to do it in fun, and another to do it not in fun.

There's good and not so good fans everywhere you go. It's a shame, but it's true. My favorite Gopher fan that has sat in front of me at the Final Five the last few years and I have a love/hate relationship. The first thing he said when he saw me this year was "Your f'ing team sucks!" But that's only because he knows that I take it all in stride and give it right back. He got an earful about how arrogant Gopher fans are once the losing began. ;) I can only hope the tradition will continue next year. ;)

Sorry you ran into some bad eggs WPoS. ;) Unfortunately, it happens at every arena. Hey, one of these years I need to buy YOU a brew at the Final Five! See you next year!

Bad fans both sides. Every year for the past four years, Gopher fans that sit behind us throw food at us, doesn't matter who is playing. We have 8 seats together and it's hard to change seats and still be together. This past year, two Gopher fans tried to pick a fight with my younger son beause they took offense to the Goldie with the noose around his neck that my son had hanging around his neck. Gopher fans verbal abuse to me and mine I'm sure equals that that you experienced.

The actions you experienced should have been reported to an usher. They are quick and severe with their response to inappropriate behavior. I am sorry that you had this bad experience in our house. I know how awful it is to have that go on when you're trying to have a good time.

;) Sorry you had a problem with some of our fans. And sorry about the 8 year olds, I get tired of people not watching their kids at the games too (like running the wrong way on the escalators.. go watch the dang game!)

We have a great time going to the X, but had a bad experience when we went to Mariucci for the Regionals a few years ago. After that, I don't care if we ever go back there.

Again, I am sorry.

hope you guys had a good tailgate. I *think* a few of the people that I told to show up did. Unfortunatly, most of our gang decided to head home after the loss and didn't want to stay and party Friday night. A few of us did and then they didn't want to go drink and then drive home. Most of them could not stomach the thought of watching UND destroy HC. So maybe next time/year. ;) I firmly beleive UND will be raising another banner after this April. ;)

Your arena is all it is touted to be, not a bad seat (altho the glare off the ice was a tich annoying). Altho I DID find it funny that the first 43 seconds of the UND/M game had the wrong team logos up on the side scoreboards...whose head at the Ralph are people calling for for that screw up? ;) I met some great UND fans by us and unfortunalty some complete jerks. Sadly for any UND fan friends I have, UND has now moved into my most hated rival. Not that I hate the team or program, because UND's program is dang good, but because of the treatment we recieved as guests by children, adults and even a few gray hairs...just not fun when it is THAT hostile.

congrats on the regional.

W

Finally you know what it is like to go to a regional game for us Sioux fans at Mariucci and the Final Five.

Welcome to a Sioux (and others teams) fans world.

Now you know why everyone hates the gophers.

Sioux fans are generally use to it year after year being from a "small" town and school. MN fans on the other hand rarely experience that. When MN fans travel to Mankato/St. Cloud/Duluth...there is so many gopher fans there compared to the home team that you don't usually notice the hostility that much. Sioux fans are the greatest in the world. They will support their team threw thick and thin and not take any bull from anyone. They support their team greater than no other. There is no arrogance in the statement that Grand Forks is (College) Hockey Town USA.

The other shoe thanks you for your experience in that town.

Thanks to those of you running the grill and tailgating outside the old Ralph on saturday afternoon. I was running by and saw the festivities, then came back on my bike to be welcomed by a delicious bratwurst, ribs, and venison. That was some good food...unfortunately I wasn't dressed for tailgating so I had to leave before I froze to death.

Anyway, I didn't get many names but I knew a lot of the people there were frequent SiouxSports posters. So, Thanks!!

Thanks to those of you running the grill and tailgating outside the old Ralph on saturday afternoon. I was running by and saw the festivities, then came back on my bike to be welcomed by a delicious bratwurst, ribs, and venison. That was some good food...unfortunately I wasn't dressed for tailgating so I had to leave before I froze to death.

Anyway, I didn't get many names but I knew a lot of the people there were frequent SiouxSports posters. So, Thanks!!

Were you running or the guy on the unicycle?

;)

Sioux fans are generally use to it year after year being from a "small" town and school. MN fans on the other hand rarely experience that. When MN fans travel to Mankato/St. Cloud/Duluth...there is so many gopher fans there compared to the home team that you don't usually notice the hostility that much. Sioux fans are the greatest in the world. They will support their team threw thick and thin and not take any bull from anyone. They support their team greater than no other. There is no arrogance in the statement that Grand Forks is (College) Hockey Town USA.

from Inch about this years West Regional:

PLUS: The folks in Grand Forks. Their passion and excitement helps make college hockey in the West what it is.

Then a little reminder about USCHOs "Top 10 List of favorite college hockey places"

1. Grand Forks, North Dakota