SiouxSports.com Forum

Pregame get togethers?

WPoS

Well, we got our tickets and will be heading up to watch what I think will be the winner of the FF06 play next weekend. I predict the winner of the UND/Gopher game will take it all. So do your job and take care of the evil "M" and we'll see you at the Saturday night game! So you guys have any good places we could get a good WCHA tailgate going?

W

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not exactly sure whats going on yet wpos. i think many are waiting on making plans and then go from there. my favorite place is southgate bar on washington. cant beat 90 oz towers of beer, beef tips and a little gambling on the side with some blackjack!!. any beer darts going down??

Well, we got our tickets and will be heading up to watch what I think will be the winner of the FF06 play next weekend. I predict the winner of the UND/Gopher game will take it all. So do your job and take care of the evil "M" and we'll see you at the Saturday night game! So you guys have any good places we could get a good WCHA tailgate going?

W

WPOS...are you rolling north in the 325? I'll be wingin it north myself either by wheel or aircraft - not sure yet.

im not exatly sure whats going on yet wpos. i think many are waiting on making plans and then go from there. my favorite place is southgate bar on washington. cant beat 90 oz towers of beer, beef tips and a little gambling on the side with some blackjack!!. any beer darts going down??

90 oz. beers?:angry:? :lol: WOW, is that the place that Dubay was signing autographs at a couple years ago? May have to check that out. I just can't wait to hit Happy's for some of the EPIC taco pizza! I don't think I'm gonna hit up a Grinder this year, I thought they were pretty overrated but am glad I got to experience one none-the-less.

Grand Forks= GOOD TIMES!!!!!

90 oz. beers?:angry:? :lol: WOW, is that the place that Dubay was signing autographs at a couple years ago? May have to check that out. I just can't wait to hit Happy's for some of the EPIC taco pizza! I don't think I'm gonna hit up a Grinder this year, I thought they were pretty overrated but am glad I got to experience one none-the-less.

Grand Forks= GOOD TIMES!!!!!

you gotta go to the red pepper in east grand forks. No offense to everyone here that is in love with the gfrp but the grinders are a lot better in east side.

the 90oz towers also have a little tap on them so you share with the table and they are sweet. they stay ice cold as a chunk of ice is inside of a mini tuperware bowl foating. sound the invention of the decade to me. im going to kill one all by myelf :angry:

the 90oz towers also have a little tap on them so you share with the table and they are sweet. they stay ice cold as a chunk of ice is inside of a mini tuperware bowl foating. sound the invention of the decade to me. im going to kill one all by myelf :angry:

I may have to try and down one by myself too. May have to be drunk for the Friday game to have to put up with the Michigan fans. :lol:

Will you be bringing the beer darts ?

if we have a place to tailgate YES!

WPOS...are you rolling north in the 325? I'll be wingin it north myself either by wheel or aircraft - not sure yet.

nope the 328 will be sitting in the garage till there are a few good rain showers to clear the salt off the roads as well as the sweepers to get the sand/gravel up....

W

W

Hey man, from most Sioux fan's perspective they are both evil M's

SIEVES! I know a FEW UND-ers that like to tailgate...thought I could at least get SOME advice outa you guys.

W

I would recommend, Dagwoods, Rumors, South Gate, Boston Pizza, Whities (sp). Just to name a few some of these places have buses that you can take to the game.

SIEVES! I know a FEW UND-ers that like to tailgate...thought I could at least get SOME advice outa you guys.

W

Nah, we're all party poopers. I know that I personally look down on that sort of nonsense....at least after being sieved for falling off my cooler. :angry::lol:

I don't know if you'll be able to tailgate in the Ralph parking lot or not. The parking is all reserved for Fighting Sioux Club members, but I don't know if they'll get their reserved spots during the NCAA's or not. You may want to call the arena and check. There is tailgating allowed at the football stadium, but I haven't seen it at REA before....probably because it's too cold. The other parking lots near the arena are student parking lots for the dorms, and since it's a dry campus you probably wouldn't be able to have any beverages there.

Have fun this weekend! I'm jealous, I can't go to the games!

I doubt anyone would object if you tailgated in the Memorial Stadium parking lot and then took the shuttle to the Ralph.

I've done it twice this season. Once for the Denver series, and again for the goophs in Dec. Damn was it cold, but had a blast. You only have a short walk to get on the shuttle to the Ralph that way.

So is this something we should go forward with?

I think you guys should plan to tailgate. It's 10x better than the bars for getting jacked up for the game, and you get to talk a little smack with the Gopher fans. WPoS is a bit too passionate about the Gophers, but he is tolerable. :ohmy:

Can I just say that after beating Mark Ranfranz at Beer Darts on Saturday I am officially moving myself up the ladder from sucking at Beer Darts to being below average. :D

I think you guys should plan to tailgate. It's 10x better than the bars for getting jacked up for the game, and you get to talk a little smack with the Gopher fans. WPoS is a bit too passionate about the Gophers, but he is tolerable. :ohmy:

Can I just say that after beating Mark Ranfranz at Beer Darts on Saturday I am officially moving myself up the ladder from sucking at Beer Darts to being below average. :D

Absolutely no mention of Whitey's this weekend? What the he** is going on in Grand Forks?