SiouxSports.com Forum

Pregame get togethers?

WPoS

Absolutely no mention of Whitey's this weekend? What the he** is going on in Grand Forks?

The place will be packed and there will be a LOOOONG waiting time. If there weren't a deadline, game time, or if a person didn't plan on attending the game, it would be a great place to meet.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so what are the best shuttle locations? If people are serious about the Memorial Stadium parking lot, I could be talked into it, although I'd much rather enjoy The Italian Moon before the game. Do they have a shuttle?

Dude, you can still go to the Moon b/4 you start drinking on Sat., there's plenty of time to tailgate.

I am pretty sure that ther ea re a few Gopher fans that would enjoy a good tailgate and a few rounds of BeerDarts (of course assuming we play Saturday, which we should be doing, as well as UND). Noting better than tasty animal parts, BeerDarts, cheap beer and a bottle being passed around for a pregame....

What UND fans are up to the challenge? 37 degrees sounds downright tropical, considering we tailgated all winter for Gopher games....that Denver series, the beer would freeze in 1 minute...but I imagine you guys know what cold is...

W

Game isn't until 8 so we should start at 2 pm. :ohmy:

hmmmm, that sounds like a challenge...I think we'd be up for that! Unless your math is tha tbad! :D But we did start tailgating for the Final Five at 9 AM and went till 7 PM..... :D

W

hmmmm, that sounds like a challenge...I think we'd be up for that! Unless your math is tha tbad! :D But we did start tailgating for the Final Five at 9 AM and went till 7 PM..... :D

W

We're the Gopher defensemen taligating with you, because they sure weren't on the ice! :D

We're the Gopher defensemen taligating with you, because they sure weren't on the ice! :D

;)

My math isn't bad, though come game time that could change. Five hours of drinking + Tailgating with fellow hockey fans = A great time had by all. You can double check my math but I think it is right.

I doubt anyone would object if you tailgated in the Memorial Stadium parking lot and then took the shuttle to the Ralph.

No, they don't care if we tailgate in front of the Old Ralph Engelstad Arena. This is our second season of gating for the big tilts and the UPD has driven by us several times and has never bothered us. It is a great time, we are tenatively planning on a 400pm start on Sat. All are welcome, even Goofer fans as long as you are respectful as you will be standing on hallowed ground. :D

P.S. BYOB and food if hungry, we will have a grill!!

I am pretty sure that ther ea re a few Gopher fans that would enjoy a good tailgate and a few rounds of BeerDarts (of course assuming we play Saturday, which we should be doing, as well as UND). Noting better than tasty animal parts, BeerDarts, cheap beer and a bottle being passed around for a pregame....

What UND fans are up to the challenge? 37 degrees sounds downright tropical, considering we tailgated all winter for Gopher games....that Denver series, the beer would freeze in 1 minute...but I imagine you guys know what cold is...

W

Yes, we have a seen a cold day or two here in the forks, we did a -10 F tailgate :D for the Wisco tilt last year!

OK, so what are the best shuttle locations? If people are serious about the Memorial Stadium parking lot, I could be talked into it, although I'd much rather enjoy The Italian Moon before the game. Do they have a shuttle?

MafiaMan, what day are you coming up?

I don't know if the Moon has a shuttle or not. Personally, I think the better shuttle locations are Rumor's, Whitey's, Dagwood's. Southgate has been pretty late to the game recently if they even have a bus show up at all.

Personally, I was thinking about starting at Suite 49 about noon before going to cheer the Crusaders on...Then stopping back at the Suite for one or two between games. I don't know if a person is going to be able to buy a beer in the Ralph or not.

Suite 49 charged me $10 for parking one night, but gave me a $10 coupon. I imagine that might change for the Regionals as to what they do.

No, they don't care if we tailgate in front of the Old Ralph Engelstad Arena. This is our second season of gating for the big tilts and the UPD has driven by us several times and has never bothered us. It is a great time, we are tenatively planning on a 400pm start on Sat. All are welcome, even Goofer fans as long as you are respectful as you will be standing on hallowed ground. :D

P.S. BYOB and food if hungry, we will have a grill!!

we'll have a crew to stop and have some fun then. Just to clarify (never been to GF), is the Memorial lot the same as the old Ralph? Warning tho, there WILL be a Gopher flag on a flag pole (as well the Stars and Stripes)!

W

we'll have a crew to stop and have some fun then. Just to clarify (never been to GF), is the Memorial lot the same as the old Ralph? Warning tho, there WILL be a Gopher flag on a flag pole (as well the Stars and Stripes)!

W

Yes, the Old Ralph parking lot where we will be is on the east side of Memorial Stadium. You will see us in front of which was once the most electrifying building in all of college hockey, the Old Ralph!

W

Make sure that the Stars and Stripes are higher on the pole than da "M" flag is there WPoS. The old Ralph lot is essentially the same as the Memorial lot as I recall. Go to the old Ralph, you cannot miss the lot. Right behind the football stadium as you come off of the Columbia Road overpass. Better bring a white flag to be waving in the arena come around the mid third period of the game as well. Friday night game, that is.

Look forward to seeing you around the arenas, WPoS, and thanks for giving me a shout at the X.

Make sure that the Stars and Stripes are higher on the pole than da "M" flag is there WPoS. The old Ralph lot is essentially the same as the Memorial lot as I recall. Go to the old Ralph, you cannot miss the lot. Right behind the football stadium as you come off of the Columbia Road overpass. Better bring a white flag to be waving in the arena come around the mid third period of the game as well. Friday night game, that is.

Look forward to seeing you around the arenas, WPoS, and thanks for giving me a shout at the X.

MafiaMan, what day are you coming up?

I don't know if the Moon has a shuttle or not. Personally, I think the better shuttle locations are Rumor's, Whitey's, Dagwood's. Southgate has been pretty late to the game recently if they even have a bus show up at all.

Personally, I was thinking about starting at Suite 49 about noon before going to cheer the Crusaders on...Then stopping back at the Suite for one or two between games. I don't know if a person is going to be able to buy a beer in the Ralph or not.

Suite 49 charged me $10 for parking one night, but gave me a $10 coupon. I imagine that might change for the Regionals as to what they do.

I'm driving up Friday morning...

W

Grand Forks? North Dakota State University is in Fargo, WPoS. I'll see you outside the FargoDome at about 4:00 pm Friday afternoon. At 5:15 or so, we'll head into the Bison Sports Arena and watch your Gophers kick Holy Cross' butt! :ohmy:

How have you been NDH, look forward to reuniting and tipping a few malten beverages with you on Sat. I know the TRIOUXPER, Yttrium, Snake and "The Source", of course, of course will be there! I can't wait!!

I didn't have time to read this whole thing but....Does anyone want to watch the other Regionals? I'd like to catch the CC game on Sat.

Italian Moon doesn't have a shuttle but El Roco, Rumors, SouthGate, Whitey's, Dagwoods, Parot's Kay, and of course the ones from the parking lot off University and Columbia Road.

Where is this tailgating going to be? What's the forecast?

We'll be there Sioux99. We are chomping at the bit as well. Should be a bit milder weather wise this time around, eh?

Give The Source, of course, a big slap for me, and remind him that it will be an old time hockey weekend. No vodka. Just hockey.

What, no vodka ? Just kidding there NDH. I better not have too much either, Miss Triouxper has a mean streak worse than THETRIOUXPER on an all day vodka bender. Last time I had company here from the west coast for a hockey series we ran into the wee hours of the morning. We finally stumbled in and dirupted the whole house about 6:00 am, waking up both my dogs and Miss Triouxper, she was none too happy.

What, no vodka ? Just kidding there NDH. I better not have too much either, Miss Triouxper has a mean streak worse than THETRIOUXPER on an all day vodka bender. Last time I had company here from the west coast for a hockey series we ran into the wee hours of the morning. We finally stumbled in and dirupted the whole house about 6:00 am, waking up both my dogs and Miss Triouxper, she was none too happy.

Next time take her with!!!