SiouxSports.com Forum

The Official "Lets do all we can to get Gophers in the Champion

Cratter

Roughing the goaltender on SCSU are you serious?

Geez, I thought I was the only one that was questioning that call! WOW! Nothing like a little home cooking from the refs! Hmmm, anyone see the coincidence. . . . Goofs are down by three, all three penalties in the 2nd period go AGAINST the Huskies? Gee, all of a sudden, Goofs are only down by 1. It's a miracle! :huh:

Roughing the goaltender on SCSU are you serious?

A horrible call, I was sure the gophers were going for the tackle in front of the net. St Cloud fans have to be going nuts! On another subject , I have to turn the sound off, Mazzoko (spell?) is an idiot.

Shoot! I posted my comments about the home cooking in the wrong thread! Oh well. Think anybody will put a body on Potulny on the next PK? Or will he score three more from the same spot.

lol looks like I did the same as you and posted my comments in the wrong thread as well :huh:. It really was a bad call. Right now SCSU is tanked. There simply out of gas and there only hanging on to the lead because of there goaltender. I actually hope they can hold on...I'd like to get some revenge on them for when they sweeped us in GF.

When they said there was a penalty, silly me, I assumed it was against the Gophers for hauling down the SCSU guy infront of the net? Where was MY head?

If they were going to take the Husky for roughing the goaltender, they needed to take the Gopher for sitting on the Husky and shoving his face into the ice. I had a great view of it, and it definitely should not have been a Gopher PP.

Did anyone actually see the "roughing" on the goaltender? I agree that the Gophers should have at least had two minutes for what was going on with their guy on top of the St. Cloud guy laying face down (with his head/face being pushed numerous times into the ice) on the edge of the crease. How in the world could any officials have Mn come out of that with a man advantage. That was a disgrace.

If it wasn't for power plays, the Gophers would be a fairly average team. They do have a tremendous pp, but the fact that they are given so many opportunities to use it is up for question. Does anybody have a statistic on how many power plays teams have had throughout the season? I'd have to feel that the Gophers must lead the WCHA, if not the nation, in that category.

Looks like what a lot of us hockey fans have known all along has come to haunt the Gophers. Their goaltending in pressure-filled games comes apart at the seams. Now I'm sure some Mn fans will point out that the supposed top goalie in the league (Bobby G.) was lit up for 7 goals last night, but you must remember that the team Bobby was facing is probably the most offensively potent team going in college hockey right now. I don't think you can really say that St. Cloud is even near them in offensive capability, but Briggs and Frasee made the Huskies look like the second coming of Gretzky and Lemieux.

Based on all games, it appears that the Gophers rank 4th in the WCHA on the number of power plays they have been given.

1 Minnesota 54/228

2 Denver 55/246

3 Colorado College 55/248

4 North Dakota 44/226

5 Wisconsin 42/227

6 St. Cloud State 39/215

7 Minnesota State 43/251

8 Minnesota Duluth 32/205

9 Alaska Anchorage 26/180

10 Michigan Tech 23/209

Wow, you guys win and we lose. You should be able to find something a little more positive to talk about than what you perceive the officials did. How about the missed call when the SCCC player tried to remove Harringtons head with the high stick. Enjoy the moment. I look forward to seeing a good game Saturday night.

In just WCHA games, Gophers also rank 4 th in number of power plays

1 Denver 45/177

2 Colorado College 34/162

3 North Dakota 28/137

4 Wisconsin 34/168

5 Minnesota 33/165

6 St. Cloud State 25/145

7 Minnesota State 30/178

8 Minnesota Duluth 22/139

9 Alaska Anchorage 21/137

10 Michigan Tech 17/150

Thanks for the pp info Siouxman.

I just know that when I am watching Sioux hockey on tv, I often switch to the Gopher game during stoppages of play, just to see how their game is going. I should have kept track of the number of times I switched channels, only to find the Gophers were on a power play. I honestly think it must have been about 60% or more that they were. I know it's not a scientific stat, but it has become a joke at our house when we play "Let's see how much time is left on the Goofs' powerplay." :huh:

Anyone else watch part of the CCHA tourney yesterday? What a joke. Joe Louis arena in Detroit was a mausoleum, even for the Michigan-Michigan State game. Compare that to the WCHA which set records in attendance in each of the first three games of the tournament. #1 league has the #1 fans (this is an average of course, as some WCHA teams -spelled Denver, don't appear to have fans). ;):huh:

Anyone else watch part of the CCHA tourney yesterday? What a joke. Joe Louis arena in Detroit was a mausoleum, even for the Michigan-Michigan State game. Compare that to the WCHA which set records in attendance in each of the first three games of the tournament. #1 league has the #1 fans (this is an average of course, as some WCHA teams -spelled Denver, don't appear to have fans). ;):huh:

We commented on that last night too. The place was EMPTY. Rows and Rows of empty seats being broadcast around the country...No wonder kids want to play in ND or MN...

Wow, you guys win and we lose. You should be able to find something a little more positive to talk about than what you perceive the officials did. How about the missed call when the SCCC player tried to remove Harringtons head with the high stick. Enjoy the moment. I look forward to seeing a good game Saturday night.

I guess there was nothing positive to read on the Gopher Chat either. :huh: If you feel like you are wasting your time reading what is posted here please do us all that big favor we are hoping for. In case you need a hint, beat it. ;)

I agree... who cares? The whole "gopher conspiracy" bit is getting stale.

Careful, careful, careful, there Sioux-habit. You are liable to prompt one of those "be nice to everyone, I can't believe how childish and immature you are, and please respect everyone else's opinion" lectures from one of our moral barometer do-gooders out there.

Careful, careful, careful, there Sioux-habit. You are liable to prompt one of those "be nice to everyone, I can't believe how childish and immature you are, and please respect everyone else's opinion" lectures from one of our moral barometer do-gooders out there.

:huh:

THANKS BUD, we will enjoy the moment and you yourself enjoy the 3rd place game today...or should i say "the meaningless 3rd place game". :huh:

Did anyone actually see the "roughing" on the goaltender? I agree that the Gophers should have at least had two minutes for what was going on with their guy on top of the St. Cloud guy laying face down (with his head/face being pushed numerous times into the ice) on the edge of the crease. How in the world could any officials have Mn come out of that with a man advantage. That was a disgrace.

No, I did not see any roughing the goaltender, and I was there, live, in person, at that end of the rink, with a perfect view.

The homers in front of me "claimed" to see it, after the penalty was called.