SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux / Mavericks

siNoDux

Where has runnin been lately? I saw her at the gopher/dog game last weekend and I thought she said she would be at Sensers this weekend, she wasn't there and she isn't on this board either. Brother, UMDDOGZ?

I had to work tonight, very depressed. I'm almost in tears. Well, maybe not that close. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for pulling for the 'Dogs tonight. We deserved to finish this game in overtime, we deserved TWO 5 min PPs, and we deserved to WIN THIS GAME. The 'Dogs only had control over the last one. Campion has a god complex. Or a Satan complex.

But, THE SIOUX WON!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow means a SIOUX WIN and a DOGS WIN and we won't be playing each other until the Finals or the 3rd place game.

Senser's tomorrow? I'm going with my Dad, I think. Bro? 01Grad? Mafia Man?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will see tomorrow but I likely would try to get to Senser's for the game too. Should be a good one. I'm just thankful that the Sioux gave us a reason to worry about plans for tomorrow night. On the other hand, lately I've been the kiss of death for the Sioux when I've gone to Sensers.

I just read this thread. Sounds like Zajac was there for us again tonite. Thank you Travis!

Sounds like the team played better overall. Only 1 goal given up and that was on the PP. The boys built a nice 3-0 lead before the Mavs got on the board. Parise only gave up 1 goal on 26 shots. Sioux outshot Mankato. Mankato is tossing in their beds as I type, and the Sioux are smelling blood. Sounds like a much better deal than last night. Just need one more, now.

From reading other people's comments, I am trying to figure out if we want to play a 3rd game with this Mankato team, or if we'd have been better off losing tonite and keeping what players we have on the ice assuming we could still make the NCAA's. Holy crap, it reads like a nasty game.

WAY TO GO UMD. I realize they didn't win tonite but they gave DU everything they wanted (and maybe a bit more from the sounds of the last no-goal). UMD has a chance tomorrow night and that would make me very happy, should they knock off Denver and the Sioux can finish off the weekend tomorrow.

I'm also happy to see CC come back and beat SCSU. I think I'd rather play CC than Goepfert.

Come on, boys. Let's finish the job tomorrow.

Random thoughts including some predictable stuff:

1. Why do the TV announcers (Bredahl) give guests gift certificates to the Italian Moon? Is it really that hard to get an intermission guest? It just seems lame.

It's called A_D_V_E_R_T_I_S_I_N_G.

All around, much better game last night. The defense stepped up and made things difficult for the Maverick forwards - particularly David Backes. I hope they continue to make his life miserable tonight. Great job.

It was great to see Zajac carry the load tonight & show us why we've expected him to be a big-time player all season. Oshie was a monster.

Great effort by the Sioux last night. Keep it up!

Good to see Staff being the leader we know he can be, even though he's not playing the role on the ice for now. Even better to see the players listening to him & lighting up the scoreboard! Get healthy & get back to us soon Drew!

Thanks for mentioning this. Earlier in the season Stafford got a lot of criticism around here for not being a leader. But I think we've read enough from him lately to know he's pulling his weight. Get well soon, Drew.

The Herald said Miller played with Prpich and Marvin last night. It would appear Hak is happy with the play of Kaip/Watkins/Kozek and feels it is important to keep them together.

I would like to see Miller play and see how he does.

The Herald said Miller played with Prpich and Marvin last night. It would appear Hak is happy with the play of Kaip/Watkins/Kozek and feels it is important to keep them together.

I think all of the lines offered energy last night. Need to have a big effort from everyone tonight.

Thanks for mentioning this. Earlier in the season Stafford got a lot of criticism around here for not being a leader. But I think we've read enough from him lately to know he's pulling his weight. Get well soon, Drew.

He looked ok but a little lost last night. At times I noticed that the Mav player would lose or give up the puck but Miller wouldn't go after it and instead ended up going after the Mankato player. I mean, it wasn't even close. I still think he's pretty easy to take off of the puck. That being said, I don't think he was a liability, which is more important.