SiouxSports.com Forum

Eric Fabian

siouxnami

I'm highly impressed with his post game interview. It was all about the team and he seems to be taking the injury with a level of maturity you wouldn't expect from someone so young. A very impressive young man who I think will provide leadership the rest of the way. You can't help but wish him the best.

I'm highly impressed with his post game interview. It was all about the team and he seems to be taking the injury with a level of maturity you wouldn't expect from someone so young. A very impressive young man who I think will provide leadership the rest of the way. You can't help but wish him the best.

He may contribute much like Jake Brandt did last year.

I didnt see the hit, but i saw him laying there. So is it ACL? I will miss his physical play out there. i take that back. i will miss him as a whole :lol: Get well buddy! We need you back!

Fabian said it was likely the MCL and maybe also the ACL. His skate just caught the ice. ;)

OOOOWWWEEEE!!!!! That totally sucks! Ive done that before and it hurts like a mother. But no serious injury, though i did have a knee surgery, which hurt pretty bad too.

Was the interview on radio or TV?

if its the acl, its definitely a serious injury. those are the knee injuries than CAN end careers. im not saying he wont recover if it is an acl injury, but they are for sure not minor injuries...

So who will replace Fabian in the lineup, Miller or Marvin? both have played in 8 games this season. I'm guessing it'll be Marvin based on his overall experience.

It will obviously be whomever plays best during practice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hak alternate them this next weekend vs. MSUM hoping that one stands out above the other.

Either way they will more than likely be on the fourth line. I'd say move Kozek up to the third line. He was hitting everything in sight last night. If not, they could always move Watkins back to the third line.

Saw Eric at Green Mill after the game. He was sporting a brace, and using crutches to move around. It wasn't a good sight, but he really didn't look too down. A guy like that can have the same effect from the locker room. He's got such a presence in there. The guys will listen, and be motivated.

So who do you think will take Fabian's place?

Foyt, Martens, Miller, Marvin?

I'm guessing it will be Foyt since he's had some experience in bigger games.

If he is indeed out for the year that is obviously not what we needed at this point. The team is very young to begin with and to lose an experienced player like Fabian who seems to pick up his game around playoff time really is a bad break. Someone needs to step up and take his spot. There are not a whole lot of options. I think it will be Marvin just based on experience.

If he is indeed out for the year that is obviously not what we needed at this point. The team is very young to begin with and to lose an experienced player like Fabian who seems to pick up his game around playoff time really is a bad break. Someone needs to step up and take his spot. There are not a whole lot of options. I think it will be Marvin just based on experience.

It ll be marvin or foyt. And keep kozak , watkins and kaip together. They are playing well together and are getting chances. If they break up these three , to make a solid checking line that ll be tough to play against, then it ll be kaip. He is the most solid defensive player. And all though he has not scored, he is tough in the corners and has been geting the puck out to his line mates.

Kozek is playing well, both offensively and defensively.

I could see moving Kozek up with Porter and Prpich. It is possible that line could become more potent offensively with a more gifted scorer on it.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of playing Foyt or Marvin at this point. Though I was a bit surprised not to see Marvin on the ice for Senior night last Saturday. This tells me that Hak felt he couldn't afford to put Marvin on the ice when the team really needed to win. Therefore, it's kind of a mystery to me who will play next Friday night.

I suppose Marvin might get the first nod, unless Miller or even Martens has been turning it up during practice. I would guess whoever plays on Friday might get a quick hook for Saturday's game if they are less than effective.

Anyone up in the Forks with access to inside information heard anything? Has a ligament tear been confirmed? I sure hope it is just a bad sprain and he could possibly play again this year. You hate to have to disrupt the lines at this time of the year.

I'd put money on him being done for the year, if I was a bettin' man.

Well last year it was Brady Murray and this year its likely Fabian. Too bad but injuries are part of the game. I just wish we had a better option as a replacement at this point. It will be Marvin or Foyt. Hak is not going to insert Miller or Martens at this point in the season. If Foyt or Marvin can throw a few checks and help keep the puck out of our net while they are on the ice that is all that will be expected of them. Neither is a scoring threat that is for sure. I think Kozek will move up with Prpich and Porter and the 4th line will become Kaip, Watkins and Foyt/Marvin.

Well last year it was Brady Murray and this year its likely Fabian. Too bad but injuries are part of the game. I just wish we had a better option as a replacement at this point. It will be Marvin or Foyt. Hak is not going to insert Miller or Martens at this point in the season. If Foyt or Marvin can throw a few checks and help keep the puck out of our net while they are on the ice that is all that will be expected of them. Neither is a scoring threat that is for sure. I think Kozek will move up with Prpich and Porter and the 4th line will become Kaip, Watkins and Foyt/Marvin.

I think Miller is the best player and therefore will play...

I think Miller is the best player and therefore will play...

We shall see, he is somewhat of an unknown. I agree that he is the most talented of the pool but with his lack of experience and it being playoff time I think the coaches will go with the experience. We shall see. I would like to see Miller in at least one of the Kato games and see how he does. The main job of the 4th line is to keep the puck out of the net and kill time for the top lines to rest. Miller is not a physical player and needs to get stronger to be more effective. That is why I think ultimately the coaches will go with Foyt or Marvin.