SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Mich Tech

Sioux-cia

Two 10s? What'd he do shoot the puck at the Ref?

Mistaken announcement. Both players got 5 minute majors for grabing the face mask; Radke got a 10 minute misconduct also.

Huge hits by Kozek, including knocking Scott on his arse, then going to the net for the return pass and the goal.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loss of Fabian will hurt. He caught fire about this time last year. It will be interesting to see what Hak does with line combinations if Fabian can't go next weekend.

Great weekend for the Sioux.

This would be a huge loss. let hope we can get him back in 3 weeks...

That sucks. Fabian is one of our favorites. Works his arse off every shift. His two goals last year against UM rank right up there with my all time favorite Sioux memories.

Let's suck it up boys and keep the roll going next weekend.

Hopefully the consecutive shutouts have amped JPar's confidence. It would be great to have a hot goalie here at playoff time. The line combos seem to be have really gelled. Losing Fabian really hurts with that, we are going to have to skate an inexperienced player at his slot. I think the real key has been the maturation of our defensive corps. It is affecting all aspects of the game. Our forwards can break out and play better positionally now, because they can trust that the D will move the puck out with out too much help.

Hak's comments:

Feels they just wore Tech down as the game went on. There were some soft spots in the game but the team kept playing hard and wore Tech down.

Stafford's SH goal broke Tech's spirits.

Kozek had 3 big hits tonite. Knocked Scott down, went to the net and scored. Need guys like that to keep stepping up their play as the years goes on.

Team D was very good. Zajac line, Smaby and Jones on Conner all weekend and they did a great job.

Thought Prpich was going to get a standing O after his goal.

Hard to see Fabian go down and it doesn't look good. Looks like a longterm injury.

Mankato will come in rested. We feel good with how we're playing and feel we're prepared for a playoff series.

Stafford comments:

Pretty overwhelming to see all the goals, especially Prpich's goal since he's a senior. They were all very happy for him. Said Tech is pretty stationary up top on the power play, so sometimes you can take a few risks now and then. Felt he could have had a couple more tonite but Teslak frustrated him. Happy to get what he did. Gives Zajac a lot of credit for his SH goals.

Fabian comments:

Toe stuck in the ice when the guy checked him. Didn't fault the other guy. It's the kind of thing that happens in hockey. Looks like an MCL tear, and maybe an ACL too. Looks like he's out for the year.

My comments:

Fabian's attitude is OUTSTANDING, IMO. Had you not known he was hurt, you wouldn't have known by listening to the rest of the interview as they discussed the rest of the game. I really believe this is a huge blow to the team, as I think Fabian is probably looked up to by the young guys. Just my opinion. In listening to Fabian talk, I have to wonder if maybe we'll see EF as a coach with the Sioux at some point in the future...

Sounds like the Sioux played a great game which is great to hear. Unfortunately, I was working with middle school kids all night. Need a great week of practice to prepare for Mankato, as they'll be ready for us. No one to blame but ourselves though, if we don't get it done. However, I think our team is coming together, and we'll have a good showing next weekend. Tough loss with Fabian going down. As already stated, he is one of the players who shows on every shift, and works his butt off until he goes back over the bench. Guys will need to step it up to fill his spot. Way to go boys! Sweep!!!

Back from the game. What a night for Kozek! He was all over the ice, hitting like crazy, scoring 2 goals in the process. Whoever said earlier they were impressed by his quick snapshot, that is exactly right. The sequence when he hit big Mr. Scott and scored was highlight reel. How about Stafford getting shut down a few times, then scoring his nation leading 6th shorty! Bring on MSUM! What was the final call on Radke? He already missed a game to fighting, we can't afford to lose him for this next series.

Fans are giving Parise the Hobey Baker chant.

I was hearing that tonight at the John. I started my own tiny Matt Carle chant. Stupid Ryan P annoys me. He scored tonight, on an empty net. The Gophers whiffed 3 times on the empty net before one went in. HAH.

Gotta love those double shut-outs! ;)

Not all of us feel the same way...

But I can feel good about your win! Yeah! It sucks to hear about Fabian though. Just give him the keys to the bus to the Frozen Four, he can drive it!

My dream is to score with Oshie, with an assist from Spirko... :lol:

Back from the game. What a night for Kozek! He was all over the ice, hitting like crazy, scoring 2 goals in the process. Whoever said earlier they were impressed by his quick snapshot, that is exactly right. The sequence when he hit big Mr. Scott and scored was highlight reel. How about Stafford getting shut down a few times, then scoring his nation leading 6th shorty! Bring on MSUM! What was the final call on Radke? He already missed a game to fighting, we can't afford to lose him for this next series.

so we play MSU in West Regionals? SWEET! BREAK THE RECORD DREW! He does have a habit of getting shut down......it makes me sad....... :lol:;) But when he doesn't, beautiful things happen!

Hak's comments:

Thought Prpich was going to get a standing O after his goal.

Stafford comments:

Pretty overwhelming to see all the goals, especially Prpich's goal since he's a senior. They were all very happy for him.

Fabian comments:

Toe stuck in the ice when the guy checked him. Didn't fault the other guy. It's the kind of thing that happens in hockey. Looks like an MCL tear, and maybe an ACL too. Looks like he's out for the year.

There were a few hundred people in the stands who did give Prp a standing O. We realized that this is his last game in regular season. I am so going to miss his contribution to the team. :lol:

It took a while before I knew who got hurt, my seats are behind the goalie on the other end. For a while I thought is was Sparky, I only saw the 1 on his jersey. I hope everyone is wrong and it's not a season ending injury.