SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Mich Tech

Sioux-cia

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game. Holy moly!!! OK, I'm gonna give my highlights not the kind that Redwing or PCM do, just mine.

Stafford's goal, geez louise, he hit it so hard it got stuck in the net!! Beautiful.

Sparky gets a stick in his skates falls on his face and gets a call for diving. Insert "We want Shepard" chant.

TJ is a friggin work horse. That kid never stops! Gotta love his work ethic. I know how he got so big this past year>> carrying three opposing players on his back every time he's near the puck! That line was a thing of beauty tonight, great puck handling and passing.

Kaip gets a mother ducken penalty shot. He didn't make it but holy cow when was the last time we even saw one!

Duncan, man, if that kid were taller and heavier he would be perfect!! Saw a Tech guy two feet taller and 50 pounds heavier, try to take him down and he just pushed himself away, giving the guy a look that shrunk him down to size! Also saw a Tech guy grab Duncan by his face mask and throw him into the boards, a$$hole! Dunc, unfazed.

My guy, Prp, would have pissed off a lot of you. Smiling, talking trash and getting under their skin but didn't draw any penalties. I am so gonna miss him! :whistling:

The pre-game show (did you see it on the tube?) >>LAKOTA SIOUX FROM SOUTH DAKOTA performed a dance. LAKOTA SIOUX FROM SOUTH DAKOTA!!! That is friggin' big!!!

The whole teams performance was outstanding. It's all green and white from here on out!!!

My guy, Prp, would have pissed off a lot of you. Smiling, talking trash and getting under their skin but didn't draw any penalties. I am so gonna miss him! :whistling:

What the heck was the deal with Scott punching Prp several times behind MTU's net, Scott being put into the penalty box and then being let out for no Sioux power play? I couldn't believe that.

Or has Greg Shepherd put in a new rule that anything done to Mike is now legal?

Fans leaving early?? What in the heck is wrong with people?

I got last minute tickets to see my 'Dogs play. I drove straight from work, luckily I had a jersey in my trunk, we had general admission standing room tickets and could barely see, and we got shut out 7-0. BUT I STAYED UNTIL THE END.

Those people who left early, they don't even know what 'Dogs fans go through.

On the plus side, I did see 01grad! :whistling:

Great win tonight, great shutout for Jordy! Clearly that Saturday game at Denver didn't bother him in the slightest. I won't be around tomorrow night either, going to the game again (01grad, are you going again?), but GOOD LUCK!!!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

CC and Denver tie. According to the above tiebreaker rules, UND win tomorrow equals MSU in first round. Hmm..

Facing SCSU would be much better than MSUM. Oddly enough I was hoping for a 5th seed so that would happen. But I think we still need to win vs. Tech instead of tieing so that we get the Northern Mich. comparison. So it looks like I'm cheering for us to get a win and finish in 4th.

And before people jump all over me, I always want a win. For our PWR sake I was hoping for CC to take 4th by beating DU.

Facing SCSU would be much better than MSUM. Oddly enough I was hoping for a 5th seed so that would happen. But I think we still need to win vs. Tech instead of tieing so that we get the Northern Mich. comparison. So it looks like I'm cheering for us to get a win and finish in 4th.

And before people jump all over me, I always want a win. For our PWR sake I was hoping for CC to take 4th by beating DU.

MSUM has been playing tough lately. We will have to see what happens.

MSUM has been playing tough lately. We will have to see what happens.

The problem is that we need to win that first round series. If we win against MSUM, they aren't a TUC and our PWR will drop. That would mean that we would still need to probably win a game or two at the Final Five to get our spot.

Also, MSUM gives us trouble when we play them. We have motivation against SCSU because of them sweeping us at home. That's the other reason I wanted to face SCSU.

Then again, who knows what else will happen in other leagues.

EDIT: Just checked, and we can tie Tech and still take the N. Mich. comparison.

What the heck was the deal with Scott punching Prp several times behind MTU's net, Scott being put into the penalty box and then being let out for no Sioux power play? I couldn't believe that.

Or has Greg Shepherd put in a new rule that anything done to Mike is now legal?

I was ready to jump on the ice during that friggin' penalty then no penalty crap!! The net and my kid kept me from making an a$$ of myself! I do believe that if it's Mike, no matter what, no penalty. P#icks!

The problem is that we need to win that first round series. If we win against MSUM, they aren't a TUC and our PWR will drop.

EDIT: Just checked, and we can tie Tech and still take the N. Mich. comparison.

I don't think it's necessarily a given that Mankato will drop out of the TUC. Losing to a team that is 6th in the RPI (the Sioux before bonus) isn't going to kill Mankato's RPI as many think it would. It will be close but I don't think it's a given they will drop from a TUC. And as it stands right now, if Mankato drops out of TUC, there will be only two comparisons that the Sioux lose.....the Alaska Fairbanks and Ohio State.

Dropping two comparisons right now moves ND to the #11 in the Pairwise with bonus. A #11 seed means that MN won't be coming to the Ralph because of bracket integrity won't be maintained.

If the Sioux make the Final Five, they make the NCAA's.

I don't think it's necessarily a given that Mankato will drop out of the TUC. Losing to a team that is 6th in the RPI (the Sioux before bonus) isn't going to kill Mankato's RPI as many think it would. It will be close but I don't think it's a given they will drop from a TUC. And as it stands right now, if Mankato drops out of TUC, there will be only two comparisons that the Sioux lose.....the Alaska Fairbanks and Ohio State.

Dropping two comparisons right now moves ND to the #11 in the Pairwise with bonus. A #11 seed means that MN won't be coming to the Ralph because of bracket integrity won't be maintained.

If the Sioux make the Final Five, they make the NCAA's.

I don't understand any of this so forgive me if my question is a 'duh'. In reading this post, it seems that the outcome of the regionals doesn't mean anything. Is this correct? :whistling:

Sioux-cia,

When you say regionals doesn't mean anything, are you referring to the West Regional in Grand Forks? If so, yes that does mean something. The winner goes to the Frozen Four.

If you mean the first round playoffs next week, if either the Sioux or Denver lose those series, it hurts their chances to make the NCAA's immensely.

Hope that helps but if you could clarify your question a little more I can try to answer it better.

Sioux-cia,

When you say regionals doesn't mean anything, are you referring to the West Regional in Grand Forks? If so, yes that does mean something. The winner goes to the Frozen Four.

If you mean the first round playoffs next week, if either the Sioux or Denver lose those series, it hurts their chances to make the NCAA's immensely.

Hope that helps but if you could clarify your question a little more I can try to answer it better.

I guess when I read "If the Sioux make the Final Five they make the NCAAs", I read that to mean the Frozen Four. But that's wrong, right? When you refer to the NCAAs what are you referring to? the Regionals?

Bottom line is we just have to keep winning and everything will take care of it self. Go SIOUX!!

Exactly. If the Sioux win tomorrow night, I will be very pleased to see them finish in 4th. Facing MSUM will be a tough series at the REA, but I think that the Sioux could beat them. I'm not going to worry about them losing their TUC status, because losing to them would hurt the Sioux much more than beating them and them losing their TUC status because of it.

And like 7NationalTitles said, it would not be a given that they would even drop from TUC status if they lost to the Sioux in the 1st round. They will be very close.

I agree that if the Sioux make it to the F5, they have a VERY good chance at making the tourney. Even better chance if they win their first game. :whistling:

All that aside now...let's focus on them wrapping up the sweep of Tech tomorrow and go from there. :lol:

Yes, sorry, when I say the NCAA's I am referring to the 16-team field that is playing in the 4 regionals to go to the Frozen Four. I was making the observation that if the Sioux advance past next weekend and make the Final Five, then that would be enough to get them a spot in the NCAA tournament. As long as they make the Final Five, I don't think they will have to win a game there, that they would be assured a spot in the NCAA's even if they lost their first game.

But as was stated, as long as they keep winning there is nothing to worry about.

Say the Sioux end up taking 4th in the WCHA standings and defeat Mankato to get to the WCHA Final Five...if Minnesota, Denver or Wisconin loses one of these playoff series, the Sioux wouldn't have to play the playin game @ the WCHA Final Five. What I'm getting at is...I know the odds of one of the three top teams losing is a long shot, but still taking 4th is better than 5th. Yes Mankato has been playing pretty well, but the Fighting Sioux are playing very good right now and will have home ice. Obviously the National Championship is what we're thriving for, but getting setup better in the WCHA Final Five and winning it could only help our placement in the NCAA's.

Say the Sioux end up taking 4th in the WCHA standings and defeat Mankato to get to the WCHA Final Five...if Minnesota, Denver or Wisconin loses one of these playoff series, the Sioux wouldn't have to play the playin game @ the WCHA Final Five. What I'm getting at is...I know the odds of one of the three top teams losing is a long shot, but still taking 4th is better than 5th. Yes Mankato has been playing pretty well, but the Fighting Sioux are playing very good right now and will have home ice. Obviously the National Championship is what we're thriving for, but getting setup better in the WCHA Final Five and winning it could only help our placement in the NCAA's.

All good points. Let someone else be the ones to try and defeat Goepfort in a best 2 out of three, and Wisconsin has folded in the playoffs recently so here's hoping they do again. :whistling: