SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCHO projects the Sioux as the 3rd seed in the West region. The split with DU, along with some other help, has us controlling our own destiny. SWEET!

Yeah, cause that's exactly how its gonna end up, chief.....exactly how some website predicted, with 4 weeks of hockey remaining........oh yeah, and almost everyone still controls their own destiny at this point since conference tourney winners get into the NCAA tourney..........take a trip to the Dells for a while, ride a few duck boats, get your mind off the seedings, and come back when playoffs actually begin......... :D

Yeah, cause that's exactly how its gonna end up, chief.....exactly how some website predicted, with 4 weeks of hockey remaining........oh yeah, and almost everyone still controls their own destiny at this point since conference tourney winners get into the NCAA tourney..........take a trip to the Dells for a while, ride a few duck boats, get your mind off the seedings, and come back when playoffs actually begin......... :D

wow...

HAHAHA.... Man, you're not REALLY that big of a jackass are you? :D:lol:

Nevermind... I've checked out a few of your posts. It appears that you are guilty as charged.

HAHAHA.... Man, you're not REALLY that big of a jackass are you? :D:lol:

Nevermind... I've checked out a few of your posts. It appears that you are guilty as charged.

Evidence suggests, using ATL's line of reasoning, that the only reason why we didn't sweep DU was because Prpich didn't go berserk on Paukovich nearly enough and not nearly early enough in the game.

Trust me, take his posts with a grain of salt. Seriously, if what he says is true, then you gotta be elated to be a UAA fan. UAA controls whether they make the tourney just as much as UND does. Nevermind the fact that the only way UAA will make the NCAAs is if they not only win out in the regular season, but win out at the Final 5. That's not being "in control." That's being "in need of a miracle." Sure, it's possible, but it is improbable.

Ya know, you just recently "joined" this forum, which is great. But as a supposed Sioux fan, you don't seem to be too grateful and respectful of the other fans on this board. Most can agree to disagree if they don't have the same viewpoint but they don't jump all over each other as I've seen you do a few times already. Do you just sit by yourself, isolated, away from any other fans when you are watching a Sioux game?

GBpakrzz just makes a comment to everyone how he felt about what the USCHO said and you come back treating him/her like he's some kind of idiot. So what if you don't like it, there's ways of getting a point across without be such an ass.

Am I making too big a deal of your posts, yes, maybe, but I think it's pretty pathetic when a supposed fan, especially a supposed Fighting Sioux fan, comes across the way you do. I never met any of these fans/posters, but it seems to me that they are some hard core, true blue (green) fans, and it pisses me off when someone seems to treat everyone like they are a bunch of nimrods. True fans may never always agree, but it has always seemed to me, Sioux fans, more than any other fans are the most respected by each other and others.

Be careful pissing everybody off because you may relaize you're just pissing on your own foot.

Lighten up...

"End of rant..."

Ya know, you just recently "joined" this forum, which is great. But as a supposed Sioux fan, you don't seem to be too grateful and respectful of the other fans on this board. Most can agree to disagree if they don't have the same viewpoint but they don't jump all over each other as I've seen you do a few times already. Do you just sit by yourself, isolated, away from any other fans when you are watching a Sioux game?

GBpakrzz just makes a comment to everyone how he felt about what the USCHO said and you come back treating him/her like he's some kind of idiot. So what if you don't like it, there's ways of getting a point across without be such an ass.

Am I making too big a deal of your posts, yes, maybe, but I think it's pretty pathetic when a supposed fan, especially a supposed Fighting Sioux fan, comes across the way you do. I never met any of these fans/posters, but it seems to me that they are some hard core, true blue (green) fans, and it pisses me off when someone seems to treat everyone like they are a bunch of nimrods. True fans may never always agree, but it has always seemed to me, Sioux fans, more than any other fans are the most respected by each other and others.

Be careful pissing everybody off because you may relaize you're just pissing on your own foot.

Lighten up...

"End of rant..."

Probably just in need of having his meds adjusted...

As for the point of the post, it does appear that UND (with the Friday win at DU alone and some help from other teams?) has pretty much secured itself a spot in the tournament with average play here on out. Not that I want that (and I still say we need to win our series and win or "score a lot" in a play in game for the "Final Five" to make it), but I would OK with a 3 or 4 at home against the Goofs or anyone else at this point.

I'm fairly certain the NC$$ won't put us as the 4th seed as they need the Goofs at The Ralph for attendance purposes.

I don't think the regional needs the Gofers for attendance, as long as the Sioux make it...Just like any regional, as long as the host/home team is playing, attndance should be fairly good...Maybe I'm wrong, but I see enough UM fans in the Twin Cities, don't need them in GF as well...:silly:

I don't think the regional needs the Gofers for attendance, as long as the Sioux make it...Just like any regional, as long as the host/home team is playing, attndance should be fairly good...Maybe I'm wrong, but I see enough UM fans in the Twin Cities, don't need them in GF as well...:silly:

unless the host is CC which the attendence sucked 2 years back and last year it looked like the regional where the sioux were playing was lacking fans which is a head sctratcher since both boston schools were there as well?? the ralph should be rockin when the sioux make it and if the gophers make it there will just be a little more maroon and puke gold in the building nervous as hell no matter what they say..no team wants to play a good host team anywhere in the ncaa tourney

unless the host is CC which the attendence sucked 2 years back and last year it looked like the regional where the sioux were playing was lacking fans which is a head sctratcher since both boston schools were there as well?? the ralph should be rockin when the sioux make it and if the gophers make it there will just be a little more maroon and puke gold in the building nervous as hell no matter what they say..no team wants to play a good host team anywhere in the ncaa tourney

Nothing could compare to the poor attendance at the 'Great Dane' in 1999. Wisconsin didn't make the tournament that year and there were maybe 2500 people in the stands watching Boston College upset UND.

perhaps - but I believe that the arena will half full to see BC play Alabama the first day and (heaven forbid) the same for a BC - Harvard championship game.

Doesn't the #1 seed get the closest venue for this very reason - so their fans have a better opportunity to go to the games? I know many folks that have already made reservations in GF - but won't or can't go to Albany.

perhaps - but I believe that the arena will half full to see BC play Alabama the first day and (heaven forbid) the same for a BC - Harvard championship game.

Doesn't the #1 seed get the closest venue for this very reason - so their fans have a better opportunity to go to the games? I know many folks that have already made reservations in GF - but won't or can't go to Albany.

One way for the Gophers to get shipped to Albany/Green Bay is for the Sioux to get a #1 seed. If the Sioux run the table, including winning the final 5, can they flip enough PW comparisons to get a #1 seed?

So, we want them to either lose a few games to slip down to #4, or win out to hopefully gain a #1. :D:silly:

I'd say that it is VERY likely that the Gophers will be placed in GF. If the Sioux make the tourney, my guess is that it will be as a 3 seed, possibly a 2 seed if they win and get help. If the Sioux win their first game, I would rather not have to face the Gophers with a trip to the Frozen Four on the line (and I am sure that the Gophers feel the same way), but they will have to face the good teams somewhere along the way regardless if they want to win #8. ;)

And while it would suck for the Gophers to have a shot at ending our season in the REA, it would also be nice to have the chance to end their season for the 2nd year in a row. ;)

So, we want them to either lose a few games to slip down to #4, or win out to hopefully gain a #1. :D:silly:

I'd say that it is VERY likely that the Gophers will be placed in GF. If the Sioux make the tourney, my guess is that it will be as a 3 seed, possibly a 2 seed if they win and get help. If the Sioux win their first game, I would rather not have to face the Gophers with a trip to the Frozen Four on the line (and I am sure that the Gophers feel the same way), but they will have to face the good teams somewhere along the way regardless if they want to win #8. ;)

And while it would suck for the Gophers to have a shot at ending our season in the REA, it would also be nice to have the chance to end their season for the 2nd year in a row. ;)

i say get a 2 or 3 seed and bring them on to the palace. like i said earlier, no matter what gopher fans say, they can't be to excited about heading to the ralph with the sioux in it, especcialy if we are peaking. just as a sioux fan i would not be that excited to play at mariucci if that were to happen...

there will be smart gopher fans that say..yes , ship us out east, i want nothing to do with going to the ralph with a major rival hosting the regional.....

or the other type of fan will say this....im not scared of the sioux, we beat them 3 of 4 times this season, i would love to end their season in their home building...although this sounds great and is a good attitude if you are a gopher fan i will say anything can happen in the NC$$'s and i think they will sleep a bit better if they do get shipped out east even though its shaping up perfect right now to have a sioux/gophers match-up if they both can win their 1st round games....cant wait...........

i say get a 2 or 3 seed and bring them on to the palace. like i said earlier, no matter what gopher fans say, they can't be to excited about heading to the ralph with the sioux in it, especcialy if we are peaking. just as a sioux fan i would not be that excited to play at mariucci if that were to happen...

there will be smart gopher fans that say..yes , ship us out east, i want nothing to do with going to the ralph with a major rival hosting the regional.....

or the other type of fan will say this....im not scared of the sioux, we beat them 3 of 4 times this season, i would love to end their season in their home building...although this sounds great and is a good attitude if you are a gopher fan i will say anything can happen in the NC$$'s and i think they will sleep a bit better if they do get shipped out east even though its shaping up perfect right now to have a sioux/gophers match-up if they both can win their 1st round games....cant wait...........

I know I want nothing to do with the Sioux in the regional. I think the gophers could win but you always want to avoid playing a team in their home rink. It just doesn't seem right that the number one seed in the entire tourney would get the toughest draw of the number one seeds but it looks like that will happen.

I know I want nothing to do with the Sioux in the regional. I think the gophers could win but you always want to avoid playing a team in their home rink. It just doesn't seem right that the number one seed in the entire tourney would get the toughest draw of the number one seeds but it looks like that will happen.

i can't remember, were the gophers a #1 seed when they hosted the regional in msp or were they a lower seed? thanks, just curious for comparison sake on what type a draw they had when hosting?

If Wisconsin keeps up its skid, who's to say the Gophers don't go to Green Bay and Wisconsin doesn't pack its bags for Grand Forks? Michigan Tech is the host of the midwest region, not Bucky Badger. There's no guarantee that UW ends up in Green Bay.

great point...very well could happen

If Wisconsin keeps up its skid, who's to say the Gophers don't go to Green Bay and Wisconsin doesn't pack its bags for Grand Forks? Michigan Tech is the host of the midwest region, not Bucky Badger. There's no guarantee that UW ends up in Green Bay.

That's the way it should go but I doubt it. If the gophers end up with the #1 seed overall, why should they have to face the Sioux in Grand Forks while Wisconsin remains in their home state? The NCAA cares only about money and that's why Bucky will be in Green Bay. I guess there is always a slim chance the NCAA will do the right thing but I'm not holding my breath.