SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/DU

Siouxdonyms

Excellent game tonight for the Sioux. DU did fight in the 2nd period, but Sioux found a way to turn things around for the better in the 3rd. Freshman showed again. I like that, but I still think we need the upperclassman to show too, in order to go anywhere in the playoffs. It seems like one night, it's the freshman, while the next night, it's the upperclassman. Let's all just score all the time, and get back to normal 6 and 7 goal games like back in the late 90s!!! :D

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the late period chippiness doesn't roll over to tomorrow. The boys did well playing smart hockey and with DU's PP history we need to keep out of the box. Hopefully, it's out of their system. Can't same the same for DU but the boys have to not respond to their crap if it surfaces tomorrow.

I hope that the late period chippiness doesn't roll over to tomorrow. The boys did well playing smart hockey and with DU's PP history we need to keep out of the box. Hopefully, it's out of their system. Can't same the same for DU but the boys have to not respond to their crap if it surfaces tomorrow.

It seemed to me that DU was waiting and ready for cheap stuff that didn't come from the Sioux at the beginning of the game. Du ended up playing that cheap and taking a lot of dumb penalties on their part.

I agree with jk. I'm tired of this Paukovitch talk. It is amazing that the players can move on well before their fans.

Anyways, My players of the game:

First Star: Jordan Parise

Second Star: Jonathan Toews

Third Star: Drew Stafford

Honorable Mentions: TJ Oshie, Ryan Duncan

I would have put Prpich on the list, but I really think his yapping really took away from the game.

It seemed to me that DU was waiting and ready for cheap stuff that didn't come from the Sioux at the beginning of the game. Du ended up playing that cheap and taking a lot of dumb penalties on their part.

Sioux need to do the same tomorrow night, good physical play, but SMART!! OLD TIME HOCKEY( like eddie shore)

Your right. Could have turned around for them if they had played the puck instead of going after the Sioux.

I would have put Prpich on the list, but I really think his yapping really took away from the game.

I am totally biased but I still disagree. Prp's yapping is an important part of the defense. Throws them off their game with his "distractions". Just ask the Goofs.

Hak says that he felt DU was turning on checks last weekend to draw penalties. Warned the league about it, but needs to see the tape on Fabian.

That was a classic turn your back at the last second to draw the 5. If Gwoz is coaching that crap he ought to be suspended, putting his own players in danger of a bad injury.