SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UMDogs

Sioux-cia

Shutout for Jordy!!! Good game for the Sioux. Needed a win, and the boys came through. Need to keep playing solid hockey for the remainder of the season. Best way to make the NCAA tournament is to win games and put yourself into the tournament. Don't depend on others to help you out!

Not to be "that guy" tonight, but with Miami losing as well as Harvard... and us playing UMD... is it possible that we just "hover" at the end of the night when the PRW comes out? Hope to move up, but don't think so given the circumstances...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be "that guy" tonight, but with Miami losing as well as Harvard... and us playing UMD... is it possible that we just "hover" at the end of the night when the PRW comes out? Hope to move up, but don't think so given the circumstances...

When everythings said and done, we can only blame ourselves for whatever happens. If we make the tournament, it's because we've played well, and won the necessary games. If we don't win the games, we don't make the tournament, and probably don't deserve to be in the tournament.

I didn't hear any boos for Ziggy on Dataflix.

I thought there might be some bad blood. Glad to see there wasn't.

Rumor has it he might have more of a chance of playing next year than was originally thought, as one of our current goalies is graduating and one other one may very well not be returning.

I STILL think I should have gone to these games instead of UMDDogz!!!!!

When everythings said and done, we can only blame ourselves for whatever happens. If we make the tournament, it's because we've played well, and won the necessary games. If we don't win the games, we don't make the tournament, and probably don't deserve to be in the tournament.

It just seems counterintuitive to see that we have a better RPI, winning percentage, a winning record (i.e. see many .500 teams and lower - see Ohio State - and, in some instances, a tougher schedule, and we still suffer simply because we have lost some games to some non TUC WCHA teams that are dragging us - unfairly I might add - into the bubble or worse category. We really need to push the KRACH thing more as I have been saying for years. I would even go for a (god help me for saying this) BCS type system where we take into account polls and RPI and KRACH (which has a better SOS component) and "when" you lose your games. Maybe bitter, but it just seems odd that a better than average Sioux team will miss the tourney due to the presence of auto bids (which I can live with) and some less than average teams who have won the "right" games during the year...

Ziggy: No boos from the real Fans just some clapping - (maybe a few from the drunken students) - I was glad to see him play

I got to say - our section had more students tonight than I ever remember (3 different groups that did not know each other) & they were obnoxious & never watched the game & were on their cell phones all night & waving & standing & in & out of the arena - a few made complete asses out of themselves. We had no ushers again & folks coming & going while the puck was in play - I for one have had season tickets for over 20 yrs - but if I had to sit around that every weekend or lose my seats to idiots like that - I will stay home & watch it on TV next year - NOT Enjoyable, I bit my tongue & tried to ignore them, but it is hard to do.

Some thoughts:

1. The 1st and 2nd periods (especially the 2nd period) was a lot closer than I would have liked. It SHOULD have been 0-0 still at the beginning of the third period.

2. Special teams was good only in the third period. The rest of the time it seemed like we barely managed to get into the zone before making an errant pass. And I'll tell you what. We only took the puck to the net twice on the power play. The first time was because it was basically a 2 on 0 (Oshie's holy crap goal). The second time was saved by Ziggy. We take so many perimeter shots that it's amazing that we're even at 18-20 percent on the power play. PK was pretty good.

3. Ziggy: WTF is with this guy? He can stop all the hard stuff but can't make the easy ones? WTH is up with that? Fabian's goal was weak, but Stafford's first goal was ridiculous! I nearly did a spit take when I saw the puck go in! Unbelievable. Oshie and Stafford's 2nd were goals Ziggy couldn't do anything about. I can't believe it. Still, Kudos to Ziggy for keeping it as close as it was and to Sandy for having the confidence in Ziggy to give him a shot against his old team. Nevertheless, Isaac starts tommorrow.

4. Derek Shepherd only called the most blatant penalties, especially as the game progressed. Needless to say, we can't count on that kind of treatment. We still need more discipline. However, kudos to our players for taking out the officials on two different occasions :D

5. Jordan Parise played amazing hockey. AMAZING hockey. He was, at times, a little too adventurous, but that's Jordy. I just hope that the good Karma on this meandering holds up because I don't know what could possibly bring a goaltender out into traffic or out to the faceoff circles for ANY reason.

6. Kozek and Duncan: Talk about snake bitten tonight. Kozek tried so darn hard all darn game and came up empty. Duncan had a shot that was about 2 inches from being a goal. Instead... PING!!!!! It may have rattled him some because he had trouble handling the puck a bit afterwards.

Pretty quiet game from Kaip, Prpich, Porter, and Watkins. Not saying they weren't solid, but they didn't really do anything noteworthy.

That's about it for now. Trying to debate going to the game tommorrow...

I thought there might be some bad blood. Glad to see there wasn't.

Rumor has it he might have more of a chance of playing next year than was originally thought, as one of our current goalies is graduating and one other one may very well not be returning.

I STILL think I should have gone to these games instead of UMDDogz!!!!!

Just got back from the game. Damn, it's always fun when we win!! I heard no boos for Ziggy. In fact, I heard a couple of 'way to go Ziggy' from Sioux fans near my section. Doesn't matter what the goalie does if the team doesn't score any goals!!!

Our score is impressive but while I'm happy with the win, I don't see us winning many games if the guys don't start using more body, quite being so fancy with the puck and don't shoot on net more often. With that said, Woooo Hoooo Go Sioux!!!

AND Mankato beat St Cloud!!!

RWTD, my kid slept through his alarm (he works nights) and didn't make the game! If I had know that would happen I would have offered you his ticket. I agree, you should have been here instead of that old UMDDogz. :D

I just got home. Great to see the Sioux with the shutout victory! As someone already said, one game at a time here. So one win down, 5 to go.

Also great to hear the SCSU lost. They needed to cool off a bit; plus their fans were getting obnoxious again. :D

Go for the sweep tomorrow!!

Some thoughts:

3. Ziggy: WTF is with this guy?

4. Derek Shepherd only called the most blatant penalties, especially as the game progressed. Needless to say, we can't count on that kind of treatment. We still need more discipline. However, kudos to our players for taking out the officials on two different occasions :D

3. Thank God Ziggy is gone. Ziggy is not very good goalie and I am surprise he started the series opener.

4. Derek Shepard called a good game, I am surprise.

3. Thank God hZiggy is gone. Not very good. I am surprise he started.

4. Derek Shepard called a good game, I am surprise.

3. Yeah, but his team D was nonexistant in the third really. He did play well other than those first two goals though.

4. Not saying he didn't. I'm saying I saw some non calls on both sides that, had Derek not been feeling generous, could have changed the game (and I couldn't complain if he DID make the calls). Instead, he kept his arm down.

Well, at least Ziggy kept it from being embarrassing. I was driving home from work (freezing my heiney off) dreading a 7-1 box score. Although if we'd gotten a goal, it would be nice.

1 question: did people boo or cheer Ziggy?

Boo :D

Just got back from the game. Damn, it's always fun when we win!! I heard no boos for Ziggy. In fact, I heard a couple of 'way to go Ziggy' from Sioux fans near my section. Doesn't matter what the goalie does if the team doesn't score any goals!!!

Our score is impressive but while I'm happy with the win, I don't see us winning many games if the guys don't start using more body, quite being so fancy with the puck and don't shoot on net more often. With that said, Woooo Hoooo Go Sioux!!!

AND Mankato beat St Cloud!!!

RWTD, my kid slept through his alarm (he works nights) and didn't make the game! If I had know that would happen I would have offered you his ticket. I agree, you should have been here instead of that old UMDDogz. ;)

Me and Sioux-cia sitting together at a hockey game... now that's a recipe for getting thrown out! :D I have some other ticket offers, but unfortunately I had to work. If I'd planned ahead of time, of course, I would have taken the time off.

I guess there was one person booing Ziggy (Goon), but while he let in some easy goals and apparently spent most of the night wondering where the puck was, I'll let some of it go because he hasn't played in forever. We'll see for next year.