SiouxSports.com Forum

college hockey news

AZSIOUX

hmmm

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2006/02/08_college.php

sioux vs gophers #6

"The students have some interesting ways of expressing themselves during a big game," said Dan Benson, North Dakota's director of athletic media relations. "The dead gopher-tossing was something that happened a long time ago, long before I began working here. The school quickly put a stop to that kind of behavior."

And it's a good thing they did. It's all fun and games until somebody gets a dead gopher in the eye. Fortunately, no gophers were harmed in the writing of this article.

No, they did not "quickly" put an end to that. It happened my whole college career at UND and I'm sure before and after.

It should still be happening.

It happened up until 2001 when they opened the new Ralph. I don't recall seeing one hit the new ice surface. I know I toyed with the idea a few years ago, but didn't want to be ejected from a Sioux/Gopher game. In hindsight, I should have done it. My brother and I went gopher hunting, and I had them if I wanted them. I opted not to do it. Wish I would've done it!

It happened up until 2001 when they opened the new Ralph. I don't recall seeing one hit the new ice surface. I know I toyed with the idea a few years ago, but didn't want to be ejected from a Sioux/Gopher game. In hindsight, I should have done it. My brother and I went gopher hunting, and I had them if I wanted them. I opted not to do it. Wish I would've done it!

you could easily get one in the new Ralph....they don't check small purses. A little gopher would easily fit into my purse...of course it would need to be frozen and in a plastic bag.

Bad news is the local paper (Pioneer Press) reported that the Gophers will not be playing at UND next season.

Didn't one end up on the ice just this last season? If I remember correctly it was late in the third and we were behind. I remember them skating out with a shovel and trying to pick it up without touching it.

Maybe I was just a little tipsy and don't remember correctly. :lol:

Didn't one end up on the ice just this last season? If I remember correctly it was late in the third and we were behind. I remember them skating out with a shovel and trying to pick it up without touching it.

Maybe I was just a little tipsy and don't remember correctly. ???

i was tippsy too and i remember one being thrown on the ice when we were getting beat on that saturday night last year..then after that didn't mcmahon beat up vanelli :lol:

No, they did not "quickly" put an end to that. It happened my whole college career at UND and I'm sure before and after.

It should still be happening.

Agreed, it was happening during my time at UND as well which ended in 1999. To say they "quickly put a stop" to it is dead wrong. It was a common practice until the new arena came about.

Note that Dan Benson's "a long time ago" is relative to his "long before I began working here." As I recall, Benson began working at UND around 2001. What seems like "a long time ago" to him might not seem that long ago to many Sioux hockey fans.

Wait a second, the Gophers were in only two of the top-10 rivalries? According to their fans, they should be in all 10 because they are everyone's biggest rival! :lol:

You should be thanking Minnesota for getting North Dakota mentioned on the list. I noticed you didn't mention that Minnesota is the ONLY team listed twice.

BTW.....Minnesota vs. Minnesota State Mankato is not a great rivalry, but Minnesota is Mankato's biggest rival. Same with SCSU and UMD.

You should be thanking Minnesota for getting North Dakota mentioned on the list. I noticed you didn't mention that Minnesota is the ONLY team listed twice.

BTW.....Minnesota vs. Minnesota State Mankato is not a great rivalry, but Minnesota is Mankato's biggest rival. Same with SCSU and UMD.

:lol:???

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THE SIOUX ON THE LIST..WHAT THE HELL WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU MAROON AND PUKE AZZHOLES

BOW DOWN TO all the tools like yourself, there are some decent gophers fans out there that even post on this board, take some notes from them ROOKIE

congrats TC, your the tool of the month for february

Tools.jpg

1 more thing, next time you go #2 you should smell the toiletpaper after you wipe and im pretty sure it will smell regardless of what you may think...

You should be thanking Minnesota for getting North Dakota mentioned on the list.

Thanking Minnesota? I think not. The Sioux won two national championships before Herb Brooks ever laid foot there. Oh thanks to the state of Minnesota though for the players that didn't have any desire to play for the MGC. :lol:

Not only are you full of yourself, you're also full of $hit. The same as your $hit colored jerseys. Does the TC stand for TOTALLY CLUELESS ?