SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

Sioux-cia

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when you think this team has turned a corner, they take a step backward. I don't know what to think anymore. I pretty much knew coming into this season, it had the potential to be a long one, as young as they are. It's still damned painful. I hate how this puts me in a bad mood. In order for the Sioux to make the next step, they need to start winning games when down after 2, which they haven't been good at lately.

Now I'm thoroughly pissed off. &*&#$^@*&*$!^&(^&#%^

Hakstol's comments:

Good start through first five minutes of third. Didn't get puck deep for line change. Led to penalty and power play. Two-minute span cost us the game.

On their third goal they were cheating for offense and made the play behind the net. We did it well all weekend, but we didn't do it in that instance and they made the play.

Losing Jones put us back on our heels and the five D-men spent a lot of time killing penalties. We weathered it well. Started third period well, but little things will beat you this time of year.

Coming in here, we knew we had to get one game. It's a tough place to play and they're a good team. They played well. We got the one win we had to get. We played well. Disappointed that we didn't get a win or a third point.

Need to use the week off to help get some guys healthy.

Took some ice time away from Porter because he wasn't sharp in the first period.

We spent too much time killing penalties. Travis really had to work hard on killing penalties. It brings the energy level down with 5-on-5 play.

We'll know where we need to be at after next weekend when everyone will have six games to go down the stretch.

Just when you think this team has turned a corner, they take a step backward.

I'm disappointed that we lost after leading for two periods. This year's Sioux team just isn't as good as last year's team when it comes to playing with the lead.

However, I think the best thing we could realistically hope for this weekend was a split. We got it in a building where some very good Sioux teams have been unable to win. And we did it against a very good team. So it's not the end of the season and the Sioux certainly haven't packed it in.

The best part about getting the win at CC is that is should give the Sioux some confidence when they head to Denver to face another team they've had trouble beating on the road. If we'd been swept by CC or played poorly tonight, I wouldn't like our chances against the Pioneers.

Just back from the game. Tough loss. Ran into a desperate CC team in the third and it showed. They totally outplayed us. Losing Jones really took its toll in the third as the Sioux looked tired. Penalty on Duncan was BS. Sterling is good, don't get me wrong, but the guy flails around everytime someone touches him. Duncan puts his stick on him and Sterling acts like Finley just laid him out. The guy looked like Greg Louganis.

That said, CC deserved the win. Good solid road split for the Sioux. Now a week off and need to take care of business with Duluth. Not sure who to root for next week in the CC-SCSU series. One win and CC moves into 5th. It should be interesting the next few weekends.

Just back from the game. Tough loss. Ran into a desperate CC team in the third and it showed. They totally outplayed us. Losing Jones really took its toll in the third as the Sioux looked tired. Penalty on Duncan was BS. Sterling is good, don't get me wrong, but the guy flails around everytime someone touches him. Duncan puts his stick on him and Sterling acts like Finley just laid him out. The guy looked like Greg Louganis.

That said, CC deserved the win. Good solid road split for the Sioux. Now a week off and need to take care of business with Duluth. Not sure who to root for next week in the CC-SCSU series. One win and CC moves into 5th. It should be interesting the next few weekends.

I was wondering the same thing about the CC-SCSU series next week... SCSU is one point ahead of us, CC is one point behind us... that's tough!