SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

Sioux-cia

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically it is the same as being 'owned'. 'pwn' is from a language called 'l33t speak' which is switching real letters and substituting them with numbers or symbols that resemble the letter. So there you have it :lol:

- That Zajac goal sounded really sweet. To bad this isn't on T.V.

Thanks for letting me know! I am not much of a computer whiz, but the one thing I like about this board as a teacher is that nobody types using those shortened abbreviated words such as cuz and using numbers such as 4 to say four. I think that is negatively impacting our youth how they type papers. I actually have students who turn in papers with this type of computer writing or text message abbreviations. The writing style on this board is very educated as most of us are linked with UND, with the exception of siouxrock who hasn't been around for awhile. Well on with the game, just my two cents on a pet peeve of mine.

Thanks for letting me know! I am not much of a computer whiz, but the one thing I like about this board as a teacher is that nobody types using those shortened abbreviated words such as cuz and using numbers such as 4 to say four. I think that is negatively impacting our youth how they type papers. I actually have students who turn in papers with this type of computer writing or text message abbreviations. The writing style on this board is very educated as most of us are linked with UND, with the exception of siouxrock who hasn't been around for awhile. Well on with the game, just my two cents on a pet peeve of mine.

Seen it with my past students as well. Now I work with students with Mental Retardation, so they don't know that type of language. :lol:

Let's go Sioux. Need another goal!!!!!

Second period over.

CC appears to score as time expires. Net comes off, too.

UND 2

CC 1

Sioux did well to come out of that period with the lead. Would have been nice to take advantage of some more power plays.

Its all part of the internet boom. Leet is a slang term used among gamers for elite but its become part of the IM/AIM world and now is leaking into spoken language...shame really

So you are saying that todays kids are all starting to talk like Woog. That is both scary and a shame. :lol:

Sioux are playing well so far.

CC is playing inconsistent. When they get things going, they get us back on our heels. Chorney and Radke already saved our bacon once each this period.

CC COULD win this game if they can play consistent hockey. Right now, they've now played 5 periods and haven't been able to do that.

That being said, we HAVE to score at least 1 more goal and hold them off the board, or, if they score, we must score 2 more goals.

2 plus an empty netter would make me breathe easier.

There are two things I noticed:

1. CC was really playing well at the end of the 2nd period.

2. CC got real dangerous as the third period drew to a close last night. We can't have a 1 goal lead with less than 5 minutes left and expect for us to hold them off. We HAVE to have at least a 2 goal lead for most of the third period in order to win.